The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us cast pillage in Aegis Storm already

WhipandT3ar

I feel like this is deliberate at this point. Hildryn is dirt slow and the only ability she can use drains her shields even more. I genuinely wanna know how that makes any sense. Just let us use all her abilities for once man. The thing is an instant subsume slot and it's a cool ability that actually would be fun to use if it wasn't so slow and didn't leave you dead in the water

• Like 9

Honestly I feel Hildryn in general needs a rework, or at least one to her Aegis Storm.

She has great survivability don't get me wrong, but she's like Inaros in that, that was all she had going for her.

• Like 4

Agreed, in this day and age there is no reason she should not be able to, even Grendel post rework can cast all his abilities in meatball mode.

Additionally, they need to speed up the landing animation, it is way too long and leaves you vulnerable as you can't cancel the animation early.

• Like 5

I think it's done on purpose to not easily be in Aegis Storm forever, but Aegis Storm is not even that strong to begin with, and it just feels clunky as a consequence to that, so I agree with that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I think it's done on purpose to not easily be in Aegis Storm forever, but Aegis Storm is not even that strong to begin with, and it just feels clunky as a consequence to that, so I agree with that.

Always feels weird to me that Titania is sort of DE's favourite, intentionally or otherwise.

Has the single best flight ability in the game, exalted weapons, can cast any subsume while in Razorwing

Meanwhile both Yareli and Hildryn have limitations on Merulina and Aegis Storm respectively.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Great takes on Aegis Storm in this topic. I'd also add being able to use your regular guns in Aegis Storm because Balefire's stats have some issues, mainly the unconventional "it's neither a crit or a status weapon, it's a direct damage weapon", it can do a lot of damage and hit multiple targets with no fall off, but on higher levels it can be a different topic.

Only partly on topic but non level scaling ability damage honestly has to go from the game. I'm thinking of Aegis Storm doing flat ticks of less than a thousand damage even with a lot of ability strength investment (but then again so does Blazing Pillage and Haven). It makes so many abilities fall off ridiculously in SP even with armor strip, and it especially hurts designs which are a lot older than Hildryn's.
This is also relevant because the main things Aegis Storm does is the damage and energy orb spawning. Doesn't restore enough shields for Hildryn herself, and if you want to restore energy for your teammates there are lot stronger options on Hildryn for that.
I'd mention the knockdown but we're in the "no CC allowed only DPS" meta rn so it's mostly irrelevant.

Balefire Surge is an augment, but I'd rather not use a mod slot for it and just use Pillage instead.

Edited by Harutomata
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Harutomata said:

Great takes on Aegis Storm in this topic. I'd also add being able to use your regular guns in Aegis Storm because Balefire's stats have some issues, mainly the unconventional "it's neither a crit or a status weapon, it's a direct damage weapon", it can do a lot of damage and hit multiple targets with no fall off, but on higher levels it can be a different topic.

Only partly on topic but non level scaling ability damage honestly has to go from the game. I'm thinking of Aegis Storm doing flat ticks of less than a thousand damage even with a lot of ability strength investment (but then again so does Blazing Pillage and Haven). It makes so many abilities fall off ridiculously in SP even with armor strip, and it especially hurts designs which are a lot older than Hildryn's.
This is also relevant because the main things Aegis Storm does is the damage and energy orb spawning. Doesn't restore enough shields for Hildryn herself, and if you want to restore energy for your teammates there are lot stronger options on Hildryn for that.
I'd mention the knockdown but we're in the "no CC allowed only DPS" meta rn so it's mostly irrelevant.

Balefire Surge is an augment, but I'd rather not use a mod slot for it and just use Pillage instead.

I tried something out with elemental ward in sim and stripped before I casted pillage. On top of my hound constantly doing damage and the electric procs from e ward I killed all 20 enemies within 10secs of casting aegis storm. I'd love to fly around and do that but that's annoying to do when the cast animation is so damn long and you can't use pillage during it 

Posted (edited)

I think this is a really good idea that would make Aegis Storm more usable, its Shield drain is very high, and Shields are also Hildryn's main defense, and firing the Balefire drains them as well. That Aegis Storm has such a heavy drain, coupled with not being able to use Hildryn's only shield-restore ability while its active, makes Aegis Storm impossible to use a lot of the time, especially in high-level missions.

Honestly, if they do do this, I'd also love for the Balefire to get some attention too, it  wasn't that great when it released, and has only gotten worse as the game evolves. It has high base damage, but every other stat is low, so it doesn't scale much at all.

Edited by SneachtOra
  • Like 1

Yeah, we've been over this a hundred times. It makes it so you can just sit in Aegis Storm forever, and that's bad design. Would it be broken af? As far as damage goes, no. As far as disruption of your team engaging with the enemy, 100%. Just imagine a max range Hildryn in permanent Aegis Storm, sitting on top of the defense objective, lifting all the enemies in the air, running Haven, maybe with one of the melter builds, and also casting pillage every few seconds. That is a toxic playstyle in the making. How about no.

I do agree Aegis Storm needs serious help though, and so does Balefire, they are both clunky, outdated and do basically nothing.

7 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Yeah, we've been over this a hundred times. It makes it so you can just sit in Aegis Storm forever, and that's bad design. Would it be broken af? As far as damage goes, no. As far as disruption of your team engaging with the enemy, 100%. Just imagine a max range Hildryn in permanent Aegis Storm, sitting on top of the defense objective, lifting all the enemies in the air, running Haven, maybe with one of the melter builds, and also casting pillage every few seconds. That is a toxic playstyle in the making. How about no.

I do agree Aegis Storm needs serious help though, and so does Balefire, they are both clunky, outdated and do basically nothing.

Sounds to me more like Aegis Storm is just a badly designed ability.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-22 at 12:10 AM, CrownOfShadows said:

With all do respect, who the hell is gonna run max range hildryn? That sounds more unappealing than just playing revenant. Also that makes absolutely no sense this is literally just what hydroid  and khora do in def missions so what's your point? 

Edited by WhipandT3ar
More words