The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crit or raw dmg on Dex Pixia

7bigpete

Question

So im trying to get the strongest Dex pixia i can. Initially i ran with crit for a while and just recently decided to remod and kinda finding just raw corrosive/heat/slash (90slash 60status mod) have been quite strong but still even with crit. 

The crit also has corrosive heats without the slash mod as i cant fit it in. I have a lot of outside fire rate its not a problem and with the crit i used to have secondary crit shards which are still an option. 

If any titania players wanna give some tips or advice that would be cool. or maybe both are subpar and theres one i dont know about. thanks

4 answers to this question

First of all Viral unless you run Nourish. Both crit and non crit builds are fine. The issue with non crit build is that its damage kinda relies on statuses being applied, so if you happen to fight with something that is perma or temporarily immune to those, your damage tanks.

Corrosive is only used for Plague Star/Lephantis.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

First of all Viral unless you run Nourish. Both crit and non crit builds are fine. The issue with non crit build is that its damage kinda relies on statuses being applied, so if you happen to fight with something that is perma or temporarily immune to those, your damage tanks.

Corrosive is only used for Plague Star/Lephantis.

thanks for the answer. yes i am running nourish. wouldnt corrosive be good against grineer? well either way i do have nourish on so what would be your suggestion for statuses? im currently at 75% status chance do you think its decent to keep running raw status dmg or should i switch to crit? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 7bigpete said:

wouldnt corrosive be good against grineer?

It would, if you did not rely on applying statues (eg. your status chance was very low or you were fighting immune to statuses enemies).

Corrosive would do +75% vs ferrite armor (not all grineer have that but most do), while also ignoring 75% of the armor (depending on how high the armor is it can be as low as 5% increase). 

One Viral status stack already ups the damage by 100%.

On top of the high status chance Dex Pixia has massive attack speed (from external sources like Razorwing aug) and high Slash ratio, therefore portion of its damage can Ignore Armor completely due to the fact Bleed (Slash status proc) is True damage and doesnt care about armor. Viral status still increases the damage of Bleed (and all other damage). 

Picking Corrosive on top of Nourish seem like a no brainer (as it is very versatile damage type), but what it does is diluring your damage and lowering the chance of Bleed Status. But then again it adds another status type for Galvanized Aptitude scaling.

1 hour ago, 7bigpete said:

im currently at 75% status chance do you think its decent to keep running raw status dmg or should i switch to crit? 

Seems like you may not be using Galvanized Aptitude, it is most important mod in status oriented buid. I would experiment in going pure IPS with Nourish vs high armor. In general you can have up to 3 basic Dex Pixia setups.

In my experience crit based and corrosive builds are good for enemies that die fast (below 1 magazine), while bleed build is better on beefier eniemies (high SP), where you give time for the Bleed procs to do their job.

Edited by Zakkhar

9 часов назад, Zakkhar сказал:

Corrosive would do +75% vs ferrite armor (not all grineer have that but most do), while also ignoring 75% of the armor (depending on how high the armor is it can be as low as 5% increase). 

That might change very soon with the damage against factions rework.