The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

I just want to point out, that many people can't play right now because of their not working launchers, and soon 2 of 'gift from lotus' alerts will finish. I'm having this problem too (update failed, server unavailable, etc.) preventing me from playing and completing the alerts. I hope you will do something with this, DE.

Edited by Brushes

58 minutes ago, Brushes said:

I just want to point out, that many people can't play right now because of their not working launchers, and soon 2 of 'gift from lotus' alerts will finish. I'm having this problem too (update failed, server unavailable, etc.) preventing me from playing and completing the alerts. I hope you will do something with this, DE.

Kinda off topic, but yeah.

On 4/13/2017 at 10:53 AM, Ermadily said:

Oookay, so.

I read up about various possible fixes, like try deleting it (the launcher downloaded it again), rename it (the launcher just downloaded another exe of the same name). I even tried to put another executable there, rename it to DXSETUP. Again, the launcher just redownloaded the missing right DXSETUP. And "Update of DirectX Failed".

So I tried running the DXSETUP outside of the launcher. I got a "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in you Windows folder to determine problem". I did just that. There's no DXError though, there. I opened up the other log file listed. At the bottom of the one million lines, I found my latest tries, all saying:

So. I finally truly know what my problem is. All I need is a solution~♪

P.S.: I won't give up, though. Not just yet.

On 4/13/2017 at 4:27 PM, ExreaLz said:

I hope you find out whats the problem and solution, cause, i tried ALL those you mentioned so-called fixes, this is the 1st time though I'm having this error, and I'm still getting that error ... >.> still trying to fix it but to be honest, i kinda wasted nearly 1 day trying to fix this ... sad ...

And.

16 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Reinstalling the game from scratch now...

... Its been a long time since I've seen U8 Warframe launcher... a really LONG time.

EDIT:  The old MSI installer doesn't update anymore, had to download the most recent one... No biggie. Also, I found a workaround for the problem.

Everytime the launcher is executed, I have to delete everything in the direct9 folder inside the game folder except the only 3 files directly related to the DXSETUP... Go figure, its updating properly as if nothing went wrong.

EDIT2: Didn't work. The game was updated, but it still giving the same error.

So. I did what Uhkretor ( ^ ) said, on the egde of "I don't even care" and "nothing else helped". And it did work! I made my game verify itself, some time ago, when I still had the error message. I tried uninstalling Windows updates, DirectX... and some third party softwares. None of those helped, or even did anything.

After deleting all the files in the Warframe/Drivers/DirectX9 folder, except DXSETUP.exe, DXSETUP.dll, dsetup32.dll and dxupdate.cab, the game verified itself, and is running. I did also copy some files from another PC, which did run the Warframe, and updated itself without a problem.

If you still determined to get this game running, try this out. I am not the best at English, so ask, if something is not clear.

Take care, and hope it works for everyone who's having the "Update of DirectX failed" issue!

857fe674068c4a4d866611713628bbfa.png

Got this error after playing 2 hours today. And can't log in for 10 hours already. Not cool at all. And as far as i can tell no one will even try to solve this problem untill monday. Happy easter DE, much luv.

Edited by Carmadon
img

Hey DE,

Below is the Launcher log;

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: AkamaiGHost
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 314
Expires: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 05:02:06 GMT
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 05:02:06 GMT
Connection: close

Could not get request /origin/222D3E3D/index.txt.lzma (status: 403)
Could not get /origin/222D3E3D/index.txt.lzma
Finished Binaries (0.8 seconds)
Total time: 1.0 seconds

Why do we keep getting our droplet session blocked?

Its so... frustrating to have found out that this issue was way way long before 2014. Goodbye Warframe.  Game is good, but developers just didn't care. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/2/43099722036070714/

Solved that problem. Well it works for me.

You press Win+R and type cmd, then you hit enter.

In the next window you type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter again.

That's all. Hope it will help someone. Good luck to all other strugglers!

I am getting same error message and was not able to get into the game felt so bad.

Update failed!
The content servers are temporarily unavailable.
The update will be restarted shortly..

Idk what is the issue with this launcher... when i see this error screen i feel like crying

I used "windscriber" an vpn tool to find out what update is available OMG what a shocking news!! no updates where there i got the play button and i was able to get into the game.

However will [DE] solve this mystery... was there a leakage in the server line to my place???? or to those who have the same issue. Please patch that leakage for good once and for all.

Commanders and Generals please inform me when this issue got fixed thank you,

May Lotus save us all from this issue.
Dinggggggggg!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

"RE-DOWNLOAD / RE-INSTALL DID NOT WORK"

So please do not waste your time doing so...
I was able to login and play a few missions but after an hour, i got an error while trying to go to navigation "unable to create session"
Change squad settings to "solo" instead of "public".
BUT, after the mission, it won't update my account,(or whatever)
Tried to do another mission and still did the same sh1t.
So i had to restart game and then *POOF!* (it became coco crunch!) JK. I'M BACK TO SQUARE ONE! UPDATE FAILED!

AND WHY DO WE NOT GET UPDATES FROM "DE" ABOUT THIS ISSUE?
THE "FIX" THEY POSTED DOES NOT WORK!
AGAIN, "DOES...NOT...WORK!!!!"

I WISH "DE" WOULD BE TRANSPARENT ABOUT THIS ISSUE

And BTW, I did notice that there is a specific time this happens.

And one more thing, they have to post new stuffs, events here in forums but has no time to give us an update about this issue!

Edited by kikkomanxp

On 15/04/2017 at 0:37 AM, Ermadily said:

Kinda off topic, but yeah.

And.

So. I did what Uhkretor ( ^ ) said, on the egde of "I don't even care" and "nothing else helped". And it did work! I made my game verify itself, some time ago, when I still had the error message. I tried uninstalling Windows updates, DirectX... and some third party softwares. None of those helped, or even did anything.

After deleting all the files in the Warframe/Drivers/DirectX9 folder, except DXSETUP.exe, DXSETUP.dll, dsetup32.dll and dxupdate.cab, the game verified itself, and is running. I did also copy some files from another PC, which did run the Warframe, and updated itself without a problem.

If you still determined to get this game running, try this out. I am not the best at English, so ask, if something is not clear.

Take care, and hope it works for everyone who's having the "Update of DirectX failed" issue!

Tried that but still fail, I manage to play again after reinstalling the game from scratch ... and good luck for others as well ...

Edited by ExreaLz

Hi all, new user here.

I had the "The content servers are temporarily unavailable." issue for many days and apparently I solved it by deselecting the "Bulk Download" and "Aggressive Download" options from the settings menu on the launcher (gear symbol). Download speed was half as usual and loading the game has taken a lot, but I played it without problems.

I hope this may be helpful to others =)