The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok. So hear me out. Firstly I'm no expert in lore so I’m not trying to dictate anything, I’m just thinking out loud and wanna get some feedback on my theory.

Misdirection. This games story is all about it.

So, now imagine if one of the most key and accepted aspects of lore, was misdirection. But I’ll get back to that. Let me list a few little clues, as I don’t want this to be an essay.

• Entrati uses summoning circles.
  • Entrati uses alchemy.
  • The Orokin drink blood to prolong their lives.
  • The Orokin created a demon zombie virus.
  • The void manifests demonic angels.
  • Ballas refers to the void as Hell and what comes out of it as devils and demons.
  • Ballas mentions miracles at some point.
  • Oui says to Arthur “chase him to hell if you have too”. Referring to Entrati.
  • Void language is undoubtedly demonic. It sounds like I’m playing Doom.
  • The void is like a prison.

What if the Man in the Wall is simply the ‘Devil’, who has misdirected the Orokin, and anyone else it met once its prison (hell) was broken by Entrati, allowing his ‘spirit’ if you like, to escape. But ‘he’ is still physically trapped in the void, a dream and hell like place.

He has misdirected us all by appearing as ourselves.

The ‘devil’ would likely appear like this when attempting to enter into a deal with you because, who better to convince you, than yourself?

But the unintentional consequence, was that the Orokin, obviously not believing in a God like being, as they were ‘Gods’ themselves, explained the phenomenon as the void manifesting its consciousness. A mistake that the ‘devil’ would absolutely let continue.

Now his prison is broken he is attempting to make his escape, whilst playing and misdirecting everyone. Including us, the player.

The eternalism thing is simply another misunderstanding, and it is our ‘soul’ that is taken when we shake the MITW’s hand, which is why he’s so annoyed when the Drifter escapes.

Wouldn’t the Devil behave exactly like this?

Now, I’m not saying that the ‘Devil’ character is literally Lucifer. But I’m saying that the part from the bible where ‘God’ locks the ‘Devil’ in hell, is the only thing/one of the only things our ancestors ‘got right’, and DE will explain what actually happened.

If you are going to misdirect on this scale, it makes sense to sprinkle lots of little things like what I listed above, all over. So when the pay off comes at the end, it all adds up.

Is there any other hell/devil/occult like stuff? I’m assuming there probably is.

If however, I’ve completely overlooked some aspect of lore that destroys my theory, please enlighten me so that I can stop thinking about it!

I've always questioned whether the void actually has a character to it or not, which is why I say "the void" and not "the man (in the wall)" because it always seemed like it was a literal blank slate that takes on the characteristics of whoever meddles or tampers with it. It has no conscious thoughts and can't think for itself, it just starts amalgamating whatever it gets from those who interact with it

I don't remember if anyone besides the Orokin ever interact with the void up to the point where our Operators get to make the deal, so the "Devil" would effectively be a twisted impression of the Orokin themselves. That would make the theme of misdirection really interesting since that would more or less be the "Orokin" misdirecting themselves (and anyone else unfortunate enough to get caught in it)

But I think the game has been building up the MITW as having been its own character/Devil from the very beginning like you've said, so I doubt my theory here even holds up

36 minutes ago, AlexanderrtheAwesome said:

Hell, bible, God, Lucifer, Devil 

It may seem like it to you because you may not know any other myths or religions, but not everything can be translated into judeochristian mythology.

39 minutes ago, AlexanderrtheAwesome said:

Is there any other hell/devil/occult like stuff? I’m assuming there probably is.

There is several religions currently active and endless amount that died with the believers, but plenty myths of those religions are still know trough word of mouth, script and art. Poeple create myths to describe what they do not understand. Religions are created from those myths in order to control people. 

1 minute ago, Pakaku said:

I've always questioned whether the void actually has a character to it or not, which is why I say "the void" and not "the man (in the wall)" because it always seemed like it was a literal blank slate that takes on the characteristics of whoever meddles or tampers with it. It has no conscious thoughts and can't think for itself, it just starts amalgamating whatever it gets from those who interact with it

I don't remember if anyone besides the Orokin ever interact with the void up to the point where our Operators get to make the deal, so the "Devil" would effectively be a twisted impression of the Orokin themselves. That would make the theme of misdirection really interesting since that would more or less be the "Orokin" misdirecting themselves (and anyone else unfortunate enough to get caught in it)

But I think the game has been building up the MITW as having been its own character/Devil from the very beginning like you've said, so I doubt my theory here even holds up

Thanks for your reply.

I also think that we’re being guided by another being, the ‘God’ character in my theory.

Sometimes we get transported to places and see things that are beneficial to us and this is assumed to be the MITW. But is it?

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

It may seem like it to you because you may not know any other myths or religions, but not everything can be translated into judeochristian mythology.

There is several religions currently active and endless amount that died with the believers, but plenty myths of those religions are still know trough word of mouth, script and art. Poeple create myths to describe what they do not understand. Religions are created from those myths in order to control people. 

My theory could easily be any trickster God being locked away. 
It could even be like that Star Trek episode where a Q locks another Q in a comet.

I used the Judeo/Christian language because I’m European so why wouldn’t I? And yes, I do know other myths and legends, religions and history from other cultures and nations.

The Void as a concept was first recorded from Ancient Greek mythos in 700BC also referred to as Chaos.

Despite it's name it was not empty but instead more defined as unfathomable space at the beginning of everything. It was a primal feature of the universe. A realm of mass energy from where all thing powerful stem from. Titans, Eros the first three and later Gaea, Nyx and a few other immortals with seemingly limitless power that made gods like Zeus look small. It's in fact recorded many times that after the Titans were banished. Nyx remained and Zeus was fearful of the daughter of Chaos.

This is a depiction of The Chaos Void:
https://i.imgur.com/mKhTreP.png

Look familiar? Chaos gave birth to many thing that were outright evil. Some were locked away.
The concept has obviously evolved and been incorporated into things like D&D but I like this interpretation more.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

The Void as a concept was first recorded from Ancient Greek mythos in 700BC also referred to as Chaos.

I'm saying it again THE VOID is THE WARP, Wally is a CHAOS GOD. Warframe is set before WH40K, before terran colonized other galaxies. 

ALL HAIL THE GOD EMPEROR! Blood for the Emperor, Skulls for the Golden Thro....err wait a minute.