Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Save Changes to Purchased Items for Linked Accounts

[DE]Juice

7 hours ago, Belmenel said:

This is the issue here. No respect for the time and money we've invested in the game. Not only that, but the factor used to determine who gets screwed over was arbitrary and only announced after it was too late.

If player accounts actually matter to y'all, stop making excuses and allow players to merge. Otherwise stop pretending you care about us or "the integrity of our accounts," as you've proven with your actions that you don't.

Woah woah WOAH! Slow down there folks. It's not easy fixing mistakes left behind during the changing of the guard (from before to after Rebecca was given the Powah over Warframe's future direction.)

Alot of people have come and gone with the company, and as with any business - not everyone leaves behind a step by step manual for what they did do and what muck ups they left behind for the rest of the crew to clean up after.

Does that excuse anything for those who left? No, not at all. But what it does mean is that the current crew is stuck playing double duties, and it also means that what the community and some players have viewed as "bad decisions in informing the player base" - were not done intentionally, nor does it mean that the current DE lacks respect for its player's Time and Money.

It merely means that people need to be a little more understanding and a bit more patient while DE is busy fixing current content(and the creation of future planed content) on top of trying to implement the means to DO exactly what the community has been asking of them. Crap takes time to get coded, if you think you can do a better job at it, go apply for a DE Internship, if ya think ya can do it better yourself, prove it to them! I doubt their going to turn down hiring passionate workers willing to get these issues solved correctly!

That being said i'm seeing abit more of my missing items re-appearing days after my last post. So SOMEONE's doing something correctly.
(still missing the protea and the missing glyph tho sadly. and the code for getting the glyph isnt even active anymore otherwise i wouldnt even be worried about that xD)

This has been ongoing for more than six months now, and the responses I've gotten from DE staff have ranged from dismissive to rude. Not once has there been good faith communication, not once has there been any attempt to actually look at and address the situation. "We'll fix your issue, but it could take a while" would've been an acceptable response at any point in the situation.

Im missing an entire account under the current non-answer. That's not acceptable, and blatantly doesn't respect my time and money. Making noise was the only way we got what few concessions we've been given, so I will not "slow down" until they give me a reason to, until they actually address the problem.

Please understand, I'm not trying to be rude to you about this, but DEs behavior concerning this situation has been absurdly bad. The issue isn't that crap takes time to code, it's that the response keeps being a doubling down on the "we're not fixing it, sucks to be you." Which does show a lack of respect for players, and does show that the bad decisions were intentional. This stuff isn't defensible anymore.

And while I do think I could do better, I'm sure I've pissed off too many DE folks by not bending over and taking the abuse for them to consider me.

Edited by Belmenel
moar whinging.
  • Like 4

On 2024-06-13 at 12:38 PM, [DE]Juice said:

TennoGen purchased on PC with Real Money via Steam

If I had merged and decided to buy tennogen on steam and then log into warframe on my xbox I get that tennogen for not only PC but also on console right?

If so then that'd be great because I'd like to support the artists.

Edited by (XBOX)Vaktalor

It seems that by going through this process, some console skins can now be used on PC.
We feel it's unfair that only a select few can use things that previously weren't available for purchase on PC.
Will you be reselling old skins?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Panya_san said:

It seems that by going through this process, some console skins can now be used on PC.
We feel it's unfair that only a select few can use things that previously weren't available for purchase on PC.
Will you be reselling old skins?

If this idea comes to fruition, I will lose a lot of money.
Here's to a rosy future!

i want all my cosmetics to get transferd not just a few selected tennogen items.those are the most expensive stuff on the account, frames and weapons are easy to get back but cosmetics which many we cant get anymore is much more valuable imo.

The absolute least you could have done was give us the platinum we've purchased as a consolation to help us recuperate for everything we'll be losing by this horrible punishment for making a Switch account. You couldn't even do that. This is unacceptable. I will not be linking.

Edited by Eli_Beeblebrox
clarification

3 hours ago, Eli_Beeblebrox said:

The absolute least you could have done was give us the platinum we've purchased as a consolation to help us recuperate for everything we'll be losing by this horrible punishment for making a Switch account. You couldn't even do that. This is unacceptable. I will not be linking.

As I've pointed out repeatedly, there are a ton of ways they could've handled this that would've been acceptable. Some would've been exceedingly simple, even. Instead, they've chosen to do none and screw us over.

On 2024-06-13 at 1:38 PM, [DE]Juice said:

We take the integrity of player accounts very seriously

So, is there a solution in the works to address the 'integrity of our accounts?' Or was that statement just a lie?

• Like 2

On 2024-06-25 at 8:50 PM, Belmenel said:

This has been ongoing for more than six months now, and the responses I've gotten from DE staff have ranged from dismissive to rude. Not once has there been good faith communication, not once has there been any attempt to actually look at and address the situation. "We'll fix your issue, but it could take a while" would've been an acceptable response at any point in the situation.

Im missing an entire account under the current non-answer. That's not acceptable, and blatantly doesn't respect my time and money. Making noise was the only way we got what few concessions we've been given, so I will not "slow down" until they give me a reason to, until they actually address the problem.

Please understand, I'm not trying to be rude to you about this, but DEs behavior concerning this situation has been absurdly bad. The issue isn't that crap takes time to code, it's that the response keeps being a doubling down on the "we're not fixing it, sucks to be you." Which does show a lack of respect for players, and does show that the bad decisions were intentional. This stuff isn't defensible anymore.

And while I do think I could do better, I'm sure I've pissed off too many DE folks by not bending over and taking the abuse for them to consider me.

Ya know the discord moderators for the offical warframe discord don't all consist of DE staff right? I've personally never gotten a rude reply from ANY member of DE staff past or presently on their payroll, so Broski best start showing some proof of those claims your making about receiving those rude replys from DE staff, as the crap is getting deep in here and it sounds like your trying to drown the rest of us in it.

At anyrate, atleast their not Taking the  "NINTENDO APPROACH" when it comes to dealing with it's player base, Otherwise we wouldn't even be getting a reach around with those daily bend overs you speak of.

BUT ATLEAST SOMEONE IS TRYING to be helpful on DE's end with the current way of things being addressed in the original post of this thread, which is more credit than your even giving them at this point with your past few posts in this particular subject.

So make with the screenshots already, otherwise quit blowing smoke up my kilt and calling it a summer breeze! Lmao

11 hours ago, WhiteBlaze said:

At anyrate, atleast their not Taking the  "NINTENDO APPROACH" when it comes to dealing with it's player base, Otherwise we wouldn't even be getting a reach around with those daily bend overs you speak of.

BUT ATLEAST SOMEONE IS TRYING to be helpful on DE's end with the current way of things being addressed in the original post of this thread, which is more credit than your even giving them at this point with your past few posts in this particular subject.

Nintendo hasn't arbitrarily forced me to delete content to keep playing, so the Nintendo approach would be preferable.

And you claim someone is at least trying? Where? When? All I see in this post is them doing the bare minimum to ensure they don't get sued by folks in countries with reasonable consumer protection laws. There's not even a mention of the issue we've been trying to get them to address since December, and hasn't been since this started. They ignore the issue and talk around it. So no. They aren't trying, and never have. So get that smoke away from -my- kilt, please.

• Like 2

I find it very funny how DE doesn't consider platinum as a real money purchase (yes one can earn it in game). Players are still losing real money if their plat is lost in the linking process... This thing is a bandage at the best, but not a real solution. And it is still an anticonsumer thing to do. ☹️

• Like 2

you make a good point, but as long as items already bought with platinum get transfered over (excluding boosters), then literary they're not required to do more from a legal standpoint. platinum is basically a crypto currency, and by law, we the people are responsible for what happens to said tender after its purchased. Its not lost or stolen by DE's actions. From a court's POV, its as if you misplaced your wallet. You still have it, just not in hand. So legally DE Isn't required to replace the platinum, but merely the items already purchased with said currency, along with any products that were bought with real world cash. I get that it sucks, but it is what it is.

13 hours ago, WhiteBlazeVT said:

you make a good point, but as long as items already bought with platinum get transfered over (excluding boosters), then literary they're not required to do more from a legal standpoint. platinum is basically a crypto currency, and by law, we the people are responsible for what happens to said tender after its purchased. Its not lost or stolen by DE's actions. From a court's POV, its as if you misplaced your wallet. You still have it, just not in hand. So legally DE Isn't required to replace the platinum, but merely the items already purchased with said currency, along with any products that were bought with real world cash. I get that it sucks, but it is what it is.

They don't. The handful of specific exceptions are the only thing being transferred over. I've got a ton of plat into formas, potatoes, and other misc equipment, as well as a ton of time spent working for things in-game. The only thing that would get moved is a couple of tennogen bits, and I'm not sure about those even.

Not to mention it putting me on the other side of the cross save trading divide from my family.

It sucks, and it sucks hard enough that i intend to keep yelling until they make it stop sucking.

As I've pointed out to DE repeatedly, a response that respects my time and money, that doesn't arbitrarily screw me out of an entire account, is a non-negotiable requirement to shut me up.

• Like 1

Keep up the good fight @Belmenel , a lot of us also got messed over time-wise and maybe we aren't as vocal and typing, we are there with you. thank you for advocating for fair access to our account(s).

• Like 2

On 2024-07-04 at 9:52 PM, BamFro said:

Keep up the good fight @Belmenel , a lot of us also got messed over time-wise and maybe we aren't as vocal and typing, we are there with you. thank you for advocating for fair access to our account(s).

^This, please keep up the fight for all of our sakes. I chose to not play the game, despite wanting to. I will continue to not play so long as this issue remains.

• Like 2

Thanks, I appreciate the support, y'all~

I haven't touched the game either since this started, i won't be until it's fixed, and I'll continue to push for a fix until we get one.  This policy has made the game essentially unplayable for me, and I've got too much invested in this game to give it up without a fight.

And to make matters worse, support is actively lying about the situation, pushing the claim that they've addressed the issue and explained, when the issue we're having hasn't been touched. Sorry, but a non-explanation of an issue only tangentially related doesn't cut it, nor do the false accusations of spamming they've been trying to push when they don't like what people have to say. The whole mess is an abusive anti-consumer fiasco.

It's infuriating that they have so little respect for us that they won't even mention the issue we're having.

I suppose we're a small enough demographic that the loss of our business isn't worth the time it would take to fix? Or did some ghoulish idiot decide that fixing it after they said no was a problem because its tantamount to admitting they were wrong?

I'd love if they'd actually address this situation in a way that was even remotely close to being reasonable. Or, yaknow,  respond without us having to actively provoke disciplinary action first.

Still waiting to hear about the integrity of the ps4 account i lose to this, btw.

• Like 5

On 2024-07-05 at 10:00 PM, deffbee said:

^This, please keep up the fight for all of our sakes. I chose to not play the game, despite wanting to. I will continue to not play so long as this issue remains.

I also haven't touched the game since they decided to screw us over. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone stopped to think that the issue might get addressed faster if done in a professional manner rather then the current scat show that's been presented by a large variety of your past posts @belmenel?

I mean I can get behind and be all for addressing the fact that platnium bought items should be transferred to the main account upon linking an account to it, as real money WAS SPENT by someone to make those purchases, whether it was from your own wallet directly or from in game trades with other players who bought plat to buy items from other players in the in game economy shouldn't be relevant to whether or not DE will honor a market purchase from a past account upon linking accounts. They still made money from someone, and that plat spent po n the player's account on the in game market reflect as such, PROOF that real money was spent In one form or another. Whether they see it directly then and there shouldn't matter because unless the implemented a means for everyone in game to suddenly make platnium in game without anyone else in the game ever needing to buy plat first, then they cant argue that their losing money by honoring those past bought market purchases made with platnium so long as they were still existing in the account prior to linking - boosters and remaining wallet plat excluded obviously.

I don't have a problem with wanting to fight for player rights for such things. 

But ya dont have to be an horse's hindend about it in the process.

Be respectful, but assertive of your rights as a cosumer.

It really works better then the hate speaches and whining in 9 out of 10 cases.

Hell I haven't even linked my switch account to this one yet because i'm actively waiting for them to finally realize they need to respect all market purchases during the linking of accounts regardless of who and how they got the platnium to make those platnium based purchases. Because it's still a microtransaction on their platform, their still making money from it in some form or fashion, and there for should be held to the same standards as any other digital product sale online.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to act like some unhinged troll until they do something about it. Respect conversation and respectful debates produce results.

• Like 2

Except they haven't. If you weren't paying attention, all respectful behavior got us is ignored. I'd love for respectful conversation to be a viable option, but they've proven time and again that it isn't, by refusing to even come to the table.

So yes, we have considered it, and rejected it because a discussion takes both sides. They'd have to had actually communicated with us about the issue at any point during this. They haven't. Again, id be happy to move to a more mature conversation, but DE has to as well, and they've refused at every opportunity, only responding /at all/ when someone makes an expletive of themselves.

Reap what you sow, and all that. You keep trying to defend them, in the face of blatantly indefensible behavior.

Maybe when they apologize to us for lying to our faces, or for intentionally stifling the discussion, or for the false accusations of spamming, or for the deceptive editing of the policy at the start, maybe then I could give a rats tiny tush about being respectful. Maybe when they show they can manage respect, Ill bring mine back. I didn't start out with this type of behavior, it's a direct response to the way DE has treated me.

If respectful conversation and debate provided the results you claim, the situation never would've deteriorated this far in the first place. If DE wants to change gears and make that conversation happen I'd be ecstatic to comply. I would've preferred that in the first place. I haven't seen any evidence of it though. Or, frankly, any evidence that this isn't more kiltward smoke.

Edited by Belmenel

On 2024-06-13 at 8:38 PM, [DE]Juice said:

Please note that we will merge the most upgraded version you own. For example, if you bought a Prime Access and crafted the Prime Warframe yourself, we will transfer the Prime Warframe with the most Forma and time invested in it.

Does this not imply that anything from an 'ineligible account' can be transferred during the process of an account link?

I had in the past assumed that my PC account was 'ineligible' for an account merge due to some technical issue with the fact that it also exists on the Nintendo Switch, but what you have said here makes it seem that if DE wanted, all items on the account could be carried over in an account 'link', but that DE are choosing not to allow this?

If this is the case, then I feel that this solution is still unfair to people facing this specific issue.

I wish to merge my PC account and my PS4 account, both created independently of each other and both with thousands of hours played, and hundreds of dollars spent accross them, but I can't because my PC account is prevented from doing so due to a migration to Nintendo Switch made with it in 2018.
I still cannot understand why accounts made as a result of a migration couldn't simply be made ineligible while still allowing for the original PC account be merged with?
I can't see why both accounts involved in a migration are ineligible when it seems as if DE are in fact able to transfer specific items from these accounts.

I also find it unfair that Platinum is being restricted in this process.
One of the purchases made on my PC account not long before account merging and its terms went live was the Heirloom Collection, all of the platinum from this bundle was spent on in game cosmetics which I will lose access to if I link with this account.
I understand why Platinum is restricted in the account linking process as a whole, but I do not find it fair to restrict in this specific edge-case scenario when by all accounts we should just be able to merge with these accounts anyway, having access to all our items we've spent plat on over the years, and are only locked out of it because of a completely unrelated account migration that took place years before account merging was even a concept.

Please reconsider these restrictions, they are not in good faith with the people who have spent so much time and money on your game over these many years.

Also, when I was made aware that my PC account was ineligible for merging, and would be rendered permenantly inaccessible if I were to link, I made the only logical decision I could see at the time and created a fresh PC account to use as an account link for my PS4 account so that I could play on PC.

I now have to go through support to unlink these accounts so that I can relink with my old PC account, as it still has a lot of money spent on it that I would like access to on my merged account.
Unfortunately, this means that I lose all progress made made on my new merged account since I created it, and all purchases made unless I am able to have them refunded.
This includes Twitch drops like the AX-52 that I will have to wait until 1999 to reacquire, items purchases with regal aya that I will have to wait months / years to be able to reacquire, and event and nightwave rewards that I will have to wait a wildly indeterminate amount of time to reacquire.

I feel as if this whole situation was completely avoidable, and again find that the provided resolution is still unfair to those of us faced with this issue.

• Like 1

This is an outstanding pro-consumer move. I have a pack I lost during linking myself, so looking forward to getting those items back!

I do want to ask, are there any plans for re-releases of previously free platform exclusive items, a la Opal Imperator Syandana? A family member had my switch at the time so I never got to claim it. I understand it's likely contract bound, but I can dream. 

Month and a half since the last actual update. 8 since this started.  It's almost like they were gonna screw us over whether we were nice or not, and being disruptive/rude was the only avenue they left open to try and communicate.