Playing as stalker in the event should grant extra motes.

So event Stalker: Has no vacuum, has no gear wheel, has one life, has terrible ranged weapons, and can't be customized or upgraded at all.
He is almost all negatives. Aside from that as a frame he's pretty okay.

So why, when you play as him, do you get the same amount of motes as playing with your frame? Picking him is a high risk option with virtually 0 benefits to balance that out except that you're a 5th player on the squad, which isn't very useful cus 4 is plenty enough.

He should get extra motes for the risk and other downsides of using him. Otherwise he just feels completely pointless and thoughtlessly tacked on.

Update: Personally confirmed, it does in fact not give you the mission reward ether, only the drops you picked up and the motes. Edit: Apparently it's a UI bug :/

It also seems to be random on if you're put in steel path or not. So if you want to be doing steel path runs, this is a massive time waster. And if you don't, it even riskier than it should be.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 9

• PollexMessier changed the title to Playing as stalker in the event should grant extra motes.

Can't agree more that his ranged weapons are useless especially when you get put into a steel path lobby but the melee atleast 2/3 taps the eximus units. my real problem with him is that you dont even get all the rewards compared to just doing the mission normally because you dont get the mission completion rewards like bp or relics let alone all the resources you miss without vacum/fetch. it just seems like more work for less rewards...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, White_KY said:

Can't agree more that his ranged weapons are useless especially when you get put into a steel path lobby but the melee atleast 2/3 taps the eximus units. my real problem with him is that you dont even get all the rewards compared to just doing the mission normally because you dont get the mission completion rewards like bp or relics let alone all the resources you miss without vacum/fetch. it just seems like more work for less rewards...

I didn't even know you don't get the mission rewards. That's way worse!

• Like 1

If what you are saying is true about the rewards being that lousy, I don't think I will bother with this mode more than 2 times (Normal and SP).

I don't take risk with no benefit.

If you make Stalker have increased rewards then everyone is going to want to bring him therefore devaluing the mission experience if you end up with groups of 4 Stalker, or have a massively imbalanced queue if it is only one Stalker per mission.

Have you heard of the comments DE has made on Charm? Yeah I don't think they'll do this considering that this puts it into that similar issue.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

If you make Stalker have increased rewards then everyone is going to want to bring him therefore devaluing the mission experience if you end up with groups of 4 Stalker, or have a massively imbalanced queue if it is only one Stalker per mission.

Have you heard of the comments DE has made on Charm? Yeah I don't think they'll do this considering that this puts it into that similar issue.

The key here is risk vs reward. Nobody will play him if you don't get rewarded for the risk.
Everybody will play him if you reward him for the risk too much.

If we really aren't getting the mission reward for playing him, which is a huge deal cus rolling a blueprint can save you 5 runs worth of vestigial motes, then I think an extra 5 volatile motes is reasonable. That puts it slightly above the alert rewards which can be a lot faster to do. Worth the risk but not so much everyone thinks it's better to deal with his downsides and risk losing a mission's worth of time if you get downed.

If we do get the mission rewards, which we really should, then 2-3 is reasonable. Which, depending on how many volatile motes you roll cus it's random, can sometimes not even be as much as you get from the alerts.

as it is now, you risk losing time by dying, and literally get less for playing as him even if you don't. he's completely pointless outside of the novelty. People will play him a couple times, realize he's literally only detrimental to use, and never touch him again.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Numerounius said:

if you end up with groups of 4 Stalker, or have a massively imbalanced queue if it is only one Stalker per mission.

You can't have a squad of 4 Stalkers.

The only way to play as Stalker is to use the option at Ordis in the relay, which places you (as Stalker) into a random squad of 4 players where you become the 5th player.

So it would only become an issue if there were more people trying to play as Stalker than there are all other players doing the Ascention missions.... which is unlikely since Stalker is a novelty frame only and many people would just prefer to play as their own frames, and once your Stalker mission finishes you go back to the relay, you can't stay on with the same squad.  So it's fun for a couple of missions, but not something many people are going to continue doing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I do believe you get the end of mission rewards , but it doesn't appear in the UI. But will have to check again after the update.

But I agree , some minor bonuses should exist.

I can confirm this, I picked up two of the weapon blueprints entirely while playing as the Stalker.

On 2024-06-20 at 4:46 AM, PollexMessier said:

So event Stalker: Has no vacuum, has no gear wheel, has one life, has terrible ranged weapons, and can't be customized or upgraded at all.
He is almost all negatives. Aside from that as a frame he's pretty okay.

So why, when you play as him, do you get the same amount of motes as playing with your frame? Picking him is a high risk option with virtually 0 benefits to balance that out except that you're a 5th player on the squad, which isn't very useful cus 4 is plenty enough.

He should get extra motes for the risk and other downsides of using him. Otherwise he just feels completely pointless and thoughtlessly tacked on.

Update: Personally confirmed, it does in fact not give you the mission reward ether, only the drops you picked up and the motes.

It also seems to be random on if you're put in steel path or not. So if you want to be doing steel path runs, this is a massive time waster. And if you don't, it even riskier than it should be.

Can confirm you do get end of mission rewards as i saw this and then jumped in the gamemode and got my end of mission reward. 
Stalker has always been a melee focused warframe (while hunting tenno), the build you get for him in this game mode feels very much like the one you get in the circuit.

Aside from that I agree with ppl above, I think it is just a bit of fun from DE that we get the chance to play as the stalker with his full kit (rare in the circuit) its something unique and not necessarily something someone would use or play for extra rewards, but just for the fun of it. Before they nerfed the spawnrate of enemies stalker would be a very handy tool with the ultimate tho!

I bet it would be much more popular if while playing as stalker could get a bounty on one of the tenno squad, when you down them get rewarded (less than the actual mission) and lock this mode behind lr4 or current max mastery rank.

What about a x time per day or week mechanic to play the stalker (like in netracells) ?

That would justify an extra reward for the risk while preventing a stalker spamming.

2 hours ago, Syrdhar said:

What about a x time per day or week mechanic to play the stalker (like in netracells) ?

That would justify an extra reward for the risk while preventing a stalker spamming.

not rly, increased rewards would make ppl play it exclusively at the start of the week/ day effectively desserting the gamemode and getting player to hate on the stalker, that gets better rewards, while they are effectivly carrying him through the mission (because as mentioned above he is not needed at all). It would become a game of chance for who gets to be the stalker.  
I did notice a forum post from a new player that was happy not being locked out (due to early game gear) of the greater reward pool that is SP by playing as the stalker, personally i think its a great way to help newer players not be locked out of event rewards, as i would not mind carrying a new player through ascension, i do however have a problem with what is essentially an invisibility spamming leech getting more rewards then the rest of the squad.

@3xt1inct You do raise a fair point. Players below the requirements of the operation shouldn't be limited in their attempts to earn the rewards. And creating a split requirement between them and the rest of the players would be an hassle for a one month event.

On the other hand I cannot agree with you about preventing a better reward toward someone playing on higher difficulty (as long as he/she does play and not hide in a corner of course). But it is true that some people seems to "enjoy" doing nothing in some missions and creating on the spot new triggers for inactivity maybe a bit perillous during an event.

So I guess we should not expect any changes about it, for this operation at least.

16 hours ago, Syrdhar said:

@3xt1inct You do raise a fair point. Players below the requirements of the operation shouldn't be limited in their attempts to earn the rewards. And creating a split requirement between them and the rest of the players would be an hassle for a one month event.

On the other hand I cannot agree with you about preventing a better reward toward someone playing on higher difficulty (as long as he/she does play and not hide in a corner of course). But it is true that some people seems to "enjoy" doing nothing in some missions and creating on the spot new triggers for inactivity maybe a bit perillous during an event.

So I guess we should not expect any changes about it, for this operation at least.

I have no problem with being rewarded for higher difficulty, however playing as the stalker (5th teammate) in a SP squad is not higher difficulty as the squad of 4 will usually manhandle the mission without needing the stalker player at all, he is more of a luxury/novelty that can collect canisters more effectively due to stealth.

The problem with bonus rewards for stalker players is rooted in the fact that playing as the stalker is actually easier because you get to play as a bonus member on a team that can already easily complete the mission. If you play stalker Solo through it, that deserves extra rewards, in the rest of the cases joining as stalker is actually easier than regular mission queue.