Anyone else think it's weird that I can get stuff like Arcane Avenger and Arcane Aegis for 5 motes a piece, but Energize, Grace, and Barrier are sectioned off and cost and oddball 46 per?

I suppose it's this "legendary" status, but given how power crept Arcane Energize is already, it is really worth padding things out with an absurdly high cost? Wasn't the whole point to avoid burn out? And don't say "I wasn't supposed to max them out" because if I wasn't suppose to get them, then they shouldn't even be there to begin with.

Edited by MekaDovah
  • Like 9

19 hours ago, R1exus said:

DE: "We wanna avoid burnout"

Also DE : Makes event take LITERAL WEEKS to obtain the items. 

Boy i sure hope soulframe won't be this grindy. 

Estimated time to unlock all event loottable rewards (every cosmetic once, a set of every different arcane (21 arcanes/set)) is 40 hours when running the ascension event exclusively, with the alerts that time gets reduced to about 36 hours... which is a lot better than the normal way, which is eidolon hunting and would take you approx 300 hrs of eidolon hunting exclusively. former events all hat and estimated full unlock time between 80-150 hours, gargoyle's cry (last event) saw some players run it for 310 hours (10 hrs/day) while 1 full unlock took approx 80 hours, if the rewards were capped, these players would've "only" played 160 hours. 

So yes they halved the risk of burnout, still noone forces you to play, your health is your own responsibility. Also player retention does not benefit from "warframe burnout", so it was in DE's financial interest to do this as well.

Soulframe will be grindy, possibly much more than warframe, DE steve always wanted to make warframe more punishing for the players (by prolonging grind and upping difficulty artificially, see the one shotting liches PE), seeing as soulframe is his project and he is no longer surrounded by the voices of reason that made warframe less grindy than Steve intended, you could be in for a serious grindgame. 

• Like 2

Ill keep it simple, nothing in life is free, you either pay directly with money or indirectly with time (in this case grind). DE has a business model that needs some type of income to function. Ideally they benefit from both time investment by non-paying players, or income from paying players, which is exactly the case here. Non-paying players grind items, either for themselves or for plat, the items they grind and sell, incentivizing paying players to buy plat to acquire these items from others, this way the time of the non paying player gets monetized. By Participating in active trading DE has successfully monetized your free time, for their gain. Thus the longer the grind for non-paying players, the more expensive the item traded, the more money DE makes.

This business model also makes sure you are provided entertainment in the form of a game, that I hope you still are actively enjoying. It is a monetization of entertainment. If your entertainment gives you FOMO or controls you to burnout, I recommend you go see a doctor.

16 hours ago, Saru.EXE said:

Setting the price to 46 motes per arcane is borderline idiotic, especially when they are limited. Just change it to 10-15 a piece, it's almost like they want ppl to burn out on this crap...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Saru.EXE said:

Setting the price to 46 motes per arcane is borderline idiotic, especially when they are limited. Just change it to 10-15 a piece, it's almost like they want ppl to burn out on this crap...

You want end game legendary arcanes for less than one 10 minute run of SP ascension?  Sorry but that's utterly daft.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PSN)BAM-BAM-73 said:
19 hours ago, Saru.EXE said:

You want end game legendary arcanes for less than one 10 minute run of SP ascension?  Sorry but that's utterly daft.

You get, like, 10 Volatile motes per 7 minutes in random squad? You need 21 arcanes. That's 147-220 minutes for 1 maxed arcane. That's not something small....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

You get, like, 10 Volatile motes per 7 minutes in random squad? You need 21 arcanes. That's 147-220 minutes for 1 maxed arcane. That's not something small....

Well it's all relative.

We started by getting one arcane for completing a raid. Then things got much easier, we just needed to spend a few hundred hours on eidelons...

Now we can spend a few 10's of hours on ascension.

If it gets any easier they'll be handed out as daily log-in rewards!

In my opinion end game items should be hard to obtain, else we'd blow through content in a weekend and complain about not having anything to do.

Other opinions are available of course, and whatever DE do they will upset 35% of the player base. I don't envy them for these decisions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)BAM-BAM-73 said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

Well it's all relative.

We started by getting one arcane for completing a raid. Then things got much easier, we just needed to spend a few hundred hours on eidelons...

If it's relative then compare it to other games. 100 is enough to finishing probably most titles. 10 is enough to finish shorten one.

1 hour ago, (PSN)BAM-BAM-73 said:

If it gets any easier they'll be handed out as daily log-in rewards!

In my opinion end game items should be hard to obtain, else we'd blow through content in a weekend and complain about not having anything to do.

It's not hard. It's just time gated in some way. If there is nothing to do maybe they need more content?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, quxier said:

If it's relative then compare it to other games. 100 is enough to finishing probably most titles. 10 is enough to finish shorten one.

It's not hard. It's just time gated in some way. If there is nothing to do maybe they need more content?

Ok so 100 in game hours is not enough for most players to get to max prestige or max rank in most shooter games, those ranks and levels often have rewards behind them. 

Games that are finished in 100 hours are most often not live-service games, warframe is live-service it also means content keeps getting added. Yes in 2012 you could finish the game in less than 100 hours, at least if you did not want to forma any weapons, also in 2012 most stuff was locked behind a hard paywall, without the possibility to grind for it, do you rather have the hard paywall and fork up the cash? You are still free to do so!

You probably have never experienced the trials or the first eidolon hunts in 2018, I did, i can tell you back then it was hard AF, not just timegated. Teams would have to be well balanced, warframes, weapons and consumables selected carefully (no extended gear wheel). Grinding arcanes the eidolon way will take you about 300 hours, good luck.