Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toroid conversion

Farming the toroids that give 1k standing is a pain. Since they have been out a while it’s nearly impossible to find people willing to do it and good luck doing it solo. The drop rates are abysmal for a toroid that gives 1k standing yet is needed for loads of crafting. I think DE should make our crisma and lazulite toroids exchangeable for the  other types. I don’t care what the conversion rate is it can be as steep as one crisma for one of the 1k and one lazulite for two of the 1k ones. This would help a lot with crafting many of the gear from vox Solaris particularly amps which are very important for lots of content and the parts from Solaris are basically mandatory. Anyone else think this would be a neat idea?

Edited by DauntlessPrime46
  • Like 2

Toroid are area based. Affected by boosters. As well as warframe abilities. The problem I only see is Solo has limited enemy spawn. Unlike group. Even in Steel Path the spawn rate is low.

I would argue that you don't need to farm Toroids that give only 1k.

You can farm up so much of an abundance of the maximum rank Toroid that it's actually harder to get the lesser rank ones, and you can fund the entirety of your growth ignoring that you're losing thousands of Standing per rank due to the excess being wasted.

10 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You can farm up so much of an abundance of the maximum rank Toroid that it's actually harder to get the lesser rank ones, and you can fund the entirety of your growth ignoring that you're losing thousands of Standing per rank due to the excess being wasted.

TC needs toroid to craft stuff. Not to trade them in for Standing. I mean Exploiter Orb exist for Standing.

The point OP was making is not that they want any of those for standing, it is that they are required in various crafting blueprints. While there are bounty options to select to find groups for Narmer Isoplast, Crisma, and Lazulite toroids, all of which come in more consistently and higher quantities in terms of standing, the same could not be said for the Vega, Sola, and Calda toroids.

They are saying that they are even willing to exchange one Crisma toroid, which gives 6k standing for one Vega/Calda/Sola toroid, which gives 1k standing. That is the extent to which OP finds farming for the higher tier toroids a more engaging farm than the 1k standing ones. I could imagine this either be a toroid exchange similar to how you can get the other family tokens from Grandmother or exchange for voidplumes from Yonta. Alternatively, maybe they can be available in Little Duck's shop for ~5-6k standing each as suggested.

• Like 1

To @FashionHunter, OP have a name "DauntlessPrime46"... Also

Toroids needs for building are

• Common x230 : Vega x44, Calda x52, Sola x44,
  • Rare x9 : Crisma x3, lazulite x6

Toroids needs for Vox is are

• Toroid : Vega x2, Calda x2, Sola x2, Crisma x1 (12 000 standing)
  • Standing : ~250 000 standing IE  >250 Commons toroids or >20 Lazulite

As Standing to attain the Rk5 Shadow in Vox solaris is way more costly than anything. If you solve this problem, Crisma and Lazulite rarity ARE of no concern.

-I did not include whatever is in Vox shop as it is solved solving the standing problem.

-You need only x99 Narmer isoplast for Caliban and Archon's weapons.

==> Crisma and Lazulite rarity ARE of no concern unless @DauntlessPrime46 specify why he need them and not the standing

5 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

That being said, I don't see the issue with increasing the area where Toroids drop to encompass a larger radius you could see on the world map. Make it so just playing missions drops Toroids from specific enemies, like Cetus' Vomvalysts that wander at night.

It would also help if Deimos and Vallis had alternative ways to farm Tokens and Toroids from an entirely separate faction, like how Cetus lets you passively farm Quills Rep just by defeating Sentients. Narmer kind of works, but isn't as passive. When you make a farm less focused, it generally helps with fatigue.

@RLanzinger

That is also precisely OP's point. Crisma and Lazulite rarity ARE of no concern. OP wants to be able to turn those(the big ones) in and be able to BUY or EXCHANGE to receive the small ones, and are willing to pay a price of higher than the standing they(the small ones) provide.

Edited by FashionHunter