Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Cantare should work with punch through

Cantare's unique passive makes it so that when the knives hit a wall, they embed, then return to you when you reload for massive damage. Super cool, really unique, but kinda unwieldy, as you have to throw it over enemies' heads to hit the wall, then pull it back. The knives have a lot of drop with distance and are rather slow, so it's really hard to land. You need to be far away to place the knives without hitting an enemy, but then get closer to enemies in order to consistently land the return. It's a weird gameplay loop.

I thought that adding punch through would fix this issue. You could just use the knives normally and pull them back through enemies, easy peasy AoE damage in a line. 

But punch through does nothing. The knives embed in the first enemy hit no matter how much punch through you add, and don't even damage that target on the return. The knives even have a bit of baseline punch through, so I feel like this lack of interaction has to be oversight. 

Cantare shouldn't embed in enemies, only walls, so punch through works as (hopefully) intended. Either that, or the return should damage the enemy you embedded the knife in as you rip it out of them. 

• Like 7

Punch through also doesn't appear to help the daggers pass through walls on the return. If there's any piece of terrain between you and the daggers, even a bump in the floor, they essentially fizzle. 

It's just wildly inconsistent. The hitbox on the daggers is super small, and the minigame of throwing it behind enemies and yanking it through them is not rewarding enough for how difficult it is. Other secondaries would do just as much or more damage without needing to do this weird reverse skillshot. 

A bump in the hitbox of the daggers on return would do a lot of good.

• Like 2

My testing on Corrupt Heavy Gunners showed the base p-t of the Cantare (1.something) working though? They always went through two and stuck into the third

I didn't think to try modding even more p-t because it wasn't bugged for me, though the reload being able to hit enemies they're embedded in would be nice

• Like 3