The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The death of prime weapons

CoNsTaNt1nE-UK1

3 hours ago, CoNsTaNt1nE-UK1 said:

U actually said it was always that way when clearly this was a significant change js 😄

A new weapon should never start with a high Riven Dipo, it is best if it starts low and builds up overtime.
You seem to be the crying one over this and u want Dipo 4-5 right away, Makes no sense

3 hours ago, CoNsTaNt1nE-UK1 said:

Yea if not that then at least the base stats gotta be a little more beefy to keep up with today's warframe. But yea the whole 'original is better' on prime launch is clearly a disaster! Its common sense at this point. 

I may be speaking a little biased as I personally love rivens but I get it.

Primes are "beefier" they have a little more Stats when then come out compared to its "origin" part.
Again why should a prime start with higher Riven Dipo? its counts as a NEW weapon.

If we are to bypass the riven system then it doesnt fill its function, its partly so more ppl can obtain its riven dou course time and not start of like 4000pl+
This is somwhat happened once before and thus the change was made.

29 minutes ago, H8FaTe said:

A new weapon should never start with a high Riven Dipo, it is best if it starts low and builds up overtime.
You seem to be the crying one over this and u want Dipo 4-5 right away, Makes no sense

Primes are "beefier" they have a little more Stats when then come out compared to its "origin" part.
Again why should a prime start with higher Riven Dipo? its counts as a NEW weapon.

If we are to bypass the riven system then it doesnt fill its function, its partly so more ppl can obtain its riven dou course time and not start of like 4000pl+
This is somwhat happened once before and thus the change was made.

*The fact remains it hasn't always been the same it was changed in 2020

* Nobody asked or hinted at having 4-5 dispo from the get go please quote me 

* Nobody is crying it's simply a discussion (what forums are for) Relax 😄

13 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Torid is an ancient weapon that was unpopular, so it had plenty of time to accumulate a very high disposition. If the Torid rises and stays popular enough, the dispositon will sink

Maybe.  But DE's own guidelines say dispositions are based 50% on popularity and 50% on power ranking, but despite that there've been no negative adjustments to disposition since March 2023.  I suppose that must mean nothing has become notably popular and everything has been  pretty well balanced for 15 months.  :P

DE has chosen to die on the hill of never admitting Disposition was a mistake for 8 years and has never made a positive contribution towards weapon balance. Incarnons prove this flaw in how the system treats weapons.

It's not just Prime gear that is dead on arrival for Riven owners, it's any new weapon period. There is so much variety in the game that a new weapon even with a gimmick won't matter when I can use a similar weapon with a much stronger Riven Dispo. Evensong is a good example of this. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Voltage said:

DE has chosen to die on the hill of never admitting Disposition was a mistake for 8 years and has never made a positive contribution towards weapon balance. Incarnons prove this flaw in how the system treats weapons.

It's not just Prime gear that is dead on arrival for Riven owners, it's any new weapon period. There is so much variety in the game that a new weapon even with a gimmick won't matter when I can use a similar weapon with a much stronger Riven Dispo. Evensong is a good example of this. 

I agree. New vanilla weapons too! I stated primes simply because that describes the weight of the situation. 

Many players would/will return for they're favourite prime as did I with the fulmin p, however when it doesn't feel like an upgrade (wait a year) and becomes very very anti climactic..