Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon, the Beast Master ~ Fan Rework by an Oberon Main for 10 years (it has Exalted Pets)

Roble_Viejo

I will keep it short. I grabbed Oberon's Kit and added Bugs, Animals, Birds and Trees too it 👍

#1- "BeeSmite" (Smite + Bees)
 Same effect as now, plus it creates a bubble like Zymos that shoots projectiles (Bees) like Wisp's Breach Surge
 when shot, targets headshots and replicates main target damage (limited range)

#2- "HallowBeast Ground" (Hallowed Ground + Resurrected Beasts)
 Tap to select a different Pet between Ram, Wild-Cat and Owl (The ones from Duviri look just great). Hold to
 consume Health per Sec and create a circular ground that grows in size the more HP is used.
 - Tamm (Duviri Ram)
 Guards the opposite side of the ground relative to Oberon (can be guided by mirroring Oberon position to
 the Tamm). Hits the nearest enemy to itself, hits are head-butts (small frontal cone AoE with knock down).
 It copies Secondary Weapon damage (Mods included) on each hit.
 - Kexat (Duviri Wild-cat)
 Stays between Oberon and the center of the ground. Hits the latest enemy damaged by Oberon (if unavailable,
 the nearest enemy to itself), hits are jumps with an active hitbox the whole way, basically an AoE coming and
 going between the Player and the center of the Ground. Each hit mirrors the Primary Weapon.
 - Paragrimm (Duviri Owl)
 Circles the ground throwing... rocks? sticks? eggs? beams of sacred light? Most voted suggestion wins.
 Unintuitively this one is the Melee. But Melees are the most powerful Weapons so this Pet can't be guided,
 it circles the perimeter of the ground from above (counter-clockwise so it flies the Player over the right
 shoulder as it passes by)
 - Clarification (s)
 Pets can't leave the ground (its keeping them alive) and their HP Bars are part of Oberon's. If they get hit,
 Oberon gets hit. Pets have 3 tiers of total HP/Shield value for each 33% of total energy spent when casting
 (with Tier 3 Beasts and the largest AoE possible Oberon drops to 1% HP, so a Tier 3 HallowBeats Ground
 gotta be beefy). Can only have 3 active grounds but they can be stacked. This also means you can only
 have 3 Pets at a given time, can be 1 of each or 3 of the same (there, MTG flavor for you TCG players).
 And yeah: Pets mirror Weapons, they inherit Mod Loadouts and trigger Arcanes. They share damage with
 Oberon and by using Rage you can produce even more Energy to keep them alive with Renewal, same Mod
 Synergy Oberon has been using for over 10 years, but now even better (make Rage his new passive?)

#3- "Renewing Firefly" (Renewal + Firefly)
 Exactly as it is now, except Phoenix Renewal is innate so you can't get randomly one-shot (HP/Armor tanking
 without Shield Gating or Overguard is rough in the current end-game). This works as 1 charge every time
 Renewal is casted (can't stack) if you want to re-fresh the Phoenix Renewal charge you have to re-cast it
 (and the target needs to be in range). Each Player with a charge has a little Firefly hovering their right shoulder
 (it looks like Titania if there is one in the Squad)

#4- "The Oakening" (Reckoning + Oak Trees)
 Tap is the same as now. Hold to use two hands and charge an AoE, enemies affected become Oak Trees
 (like Nezha's spears, its Duration-based) they link damage but only in a small area around the main target
 that is now a Tree (the Roots!). Chances for Energy, Health Orbs and Uni-Ammo on kill around them.

Why Duviri themed? Because Duviri is a Fairy Tale incarnate and Oberon is the Fairy King 👑
 He is the Guardian of the Enchanted Forest, Lord of All Beasts Cute and Fearsome alike 🐐
 Some say Oberon is a Jack of All Trades, but for me Oberon will always The Master of All ❤

Oh by the way I booted up Photoshop after YEARS to make a Mock-Up of what this rework would look
 like and Im still awful at it, can't draw either, so instead of AI generated images showing what this Fan Rework
 would look like (which would be lame), I linked a picture of an actual Goat :

CDN media

The way Oberon's 2 works is very simple and just works on its own. I don't know if this new 2 is any better, and having summons (with effects that I don't know if they are any better than classic radiation) that rely on positioning sounds fine until you have to cast it in places where you can't move in the entire field

Also really not sure about having rage synergize with the summons. It's a detriment if you don't run rage, and at this point late-game I don't rely on rage anymore. If rage is that important, then maybe the better thing to do is look into trimming his energy costs, or maybe energy discounts on casting ability combos

He's also not a Duviri creation, so I don't think the theme fits his summons, I would be expecting some special Oberon-themed summons (like the Khora treatment to her kavat)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
hace 10 horas, Pakaku dijo:

The way Oberon's 2 works is very simple and just works on its own. I don't know if this new 2 is any better

I wanna clarify that if I didn't specify how something works, it works as it is now, this goes for all Abilities mentioned

Hallowed Ground will still proc Radiation on Enemies, give Status Immunity and add Armor when using Renewal the only
difference is it will be a Circle with a Radius scaling based on Range, instead of a Semi-Circle with an Angle scaling on Range

If rage is that important, then maybe the better thing to do is look into trimming his energy costs

Is not that "Rage is that important", Rage/Hunter Adrenaline has been a staple for Oberon since ever, it makes Renewal a free
perma-healing as long you are receiving damage, and thats why I propose to make it his new Passive and add it to his Pets,
He would be able to keep his Energy full WITHOUT taking direct Damage to HP, his Pets also serve a VERY important task :
Giving Oberon "Ability" Damage (that is actually Weapon damage so there isn't any weird coding to be done) on top of Hard CC
you can control. For example, want to shut down a door way? Position your Ram and shoot from afar. Do you want to have a
blender on a specific spot? Cast 2 between you and that spot, then keep your Cat dashing through Enemies, it copies your Primary
Damage so its like you are shooting 2 guns at once (of course, Pets dont have high "fire rate" so single shot weapons are best)

Edited by Roble_Viejo

Oberon beast masters brother, i like your idea when you mentioned exalted pets, each pet could give unique buffs for example his first beast could be a gorilla or something gives squad mates a short burst of rage, this could give a melee attack boost, and defence buff for a short period, the next beast a tiger, increased movement speed, increased melee speed, next beast, a bat, the buffs could be increased enemy range radar, it could also pulse the map to show loot, next beast a falcon, gives cc and cd to secondary and primary.

just a little thrown in

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

En 28/6/2024 a las 11:57, (PSN)FrDiabloFr dijo:

his first beast could be a gorilla or something gives squad mates a short burst of rage

You made me realize this would open the possibilities for all kind of Skins for Oberon

And that also sounds like a great idea for a new Augment for Hallowed Ground

i another oberon main here (5k hours gameplay, 1k in oberon prime)

I like the secundary effect of 1 and 4, can be trigger for something more and not just "TAP" but i feel the 2 really overload, i don't like that part

i had mix felling about the 3, is a great idea get a secure check in regent type healing tank, because people ignore oberon and play wisp no brain build with str and say "it's the same". but give Phoenix Renewal innate is too powerfull. the skill already extend bleedout timer alone (and the people don't know this) and with str build, oberon in normal steelpath (100-500 lvl) is a kinder garden protector in mission.

i don't lie to you, i like almost all the Original kit we had, but at the same time i don't enjoy too much like the old time 

By the way, can you give me feedback to my own concept fan warframe. i really appreciate that think.

Edited by RipVanSaix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

You made me realize this would open the possibilities for all kind of Skins for Oberon

And that also sounds like a great idea for a new Augment for Hallowed Ground

Ohh the possibilities my friend

• Like 1