Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duplex Trigger Kinda Sucks

Arbitrary

This is mainly about Zylok. The duplex trigger on it never felt good to use, and now doubly so thanks to to the Hold to Fire option. For those unaware, Hold to Fire does nothing for Zylok, as holding the trigger only fires one shot; The second shot is only fired on trigger release.

Duplex trigger is fine on Tigris as one cycle is your entire magazine, but it just feels annoying on Zylok since you want to keep shooting usually.
Simply changing the trigger to burst would make it feel a lot better.

• Like 4

I kind of agree and disagree. Burst trigger would definitely feel nicer, but I also think it would take away what makes the weapon so unique. If I want to use a burst sidearm I have options for that and most barely have anything that sets them apart. Instead, as they stated automatic trigger was a work in progress, I think DE should implement a way to allow the dual trigger to cycle automatically as if you're intentionally firing off two shots. 

On 2024-07-03 at 12:06 AM, Arbitrary said:

This is mainly about Zylok. The duplex trigger on it never felt good to use, and now doubly so thanks to to the Hold to Fire option

It also rules out cannonade mods. Duplex were already kinda worse than either semi or burst, but now they also don't get powerful mods semi weapons get.

Even with an incarnon the Zylok is kinda awful. I love making awkward weapons work, but it's painful to build incarnon on (holding down a trigger does not help you aim for headshots) and it doesn't get enough shots or enough bonus to make that good (on the scale of incarnons).

On 2024-07-03 at 12:06 AM, Arbitrary said:

Duplex trigger is fine on Tigris as one cycle is your entire magazine, but it just feels annoying on Zylok since you want to keep shooting usually

Even then, it does suit the Tigris more, but the Tigris has gone from the best weapon in the game to a novelty. 

Duplex is a big part of both guns' personality, I think they just need a massive base damage boost and significant innate punch through to be workable.

Tigris is duplex shot, if you increase magazine to 4 them fire only 2 ammo, Zylok is burst of shots, a single fire waste 3 or 4 ammo of magazine.

I dont know how Tenet Plinx alternative fire is called.

I dont know how Grakata augment mod tath fire a full magazine is called, but this looks more right for Zylok.

The game has many of fire mode, I like this stats.

17 hours ago, L3512 said:

No, Zylok is duplex. It fires once on mouse press and again when the button is released just like Tigris.

Really the Zylok is duplex, I just tryed and works exactly like Tigris, I always had the feeling that zylok was burst, maybe the combination of indentation with spread make this felling.

Interesting, I can't imagine good use for the Zylok duplex as it has little multishot.

On 2024-07-06 at 8:17 AM, L3512 said:
On 2024-07-05 at 8:19 PM, Famecans said:

Interesting, I can't imagine good use for the Zylok duplex as it has little multishot.

Zylok prime incarnon can deal some really nasty slash procs, I'd try this with this.

It can, and if that was worth how awkward it is to use that would be grand. 

This is an incarnon, so it's not being compared to regular weapons. It's contemporaries would be Lato, Lex, Vasto, maybe some Tenet and Kuva weapons.

In that company it's weak. 

It's also awkward... that duplex sort of makes sense on the Tigris - it's a hip fired double barrel shotgun, and back in the day one blast was enough for almost any enemy. On the Zylok it feels like more of a 2 shot burst, but with fairly high recoil so that if you use if for that you don't often get 2 headshots.

Given that Lex is point and click kill headshots with an incarnon that evaporates corridors of enemies, the Zylok is painfully weak.

I think there are two options:

1. Just make it a two shot burst that keeps firing if you hold the trigger. Reduce recoil during burst to nothing (like the Sepulchre)

2. Keep it duplex, make it do 4x more base damage and reduce the magazine to 2 - so more like the OG Tigris where it's worth hold back your second shot when your first shot was enough.