The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

any sentinel weapons even come close to verglas?

_Anise_

Question

Posted (edited)

I've invested 7 forma into my Verglas and paired it with a really nice Riven mod. It proves quite effective against most high-level adversaries in the content I engage with, although I anticipate it may lose its edge over time.

Recently, I've been contemplating a switch to a different sentinel weapon with higher critical stats, primarily to activate the critical damage bond mod.

I experimented with the Vulklok, invested in a catalyst, and loaded it with mods. While it does trigger my critical bond, I must admit it feels lackluster in combat. My sentinel lacks stopping power, often missing shots and due to its slow fire rate, seems ineffective.

Regrettably, the only other high-critical weapon option appears to be another sniper, the Vulcax.

I have two questions: Do either of these weapons synergize well with hard engage to match the effectiveness of the Verglas? And more broadly, is it worthwhile to invest in either of these alternatives, or do they underperform in practice?

Edited by _Anise_

Just now, Rexis12 said:

???

Can Sentinels activate their own Galvanised Mods? I thought that they couldn't due to how they're coded to only function when a Player has them.

You just have to match and activate using the correct weapon.

For example, Verglas uses rifle mods so when you activate galv mods using your rifle Verglas also gets the bonuses. It just cant activate the mod by itself.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

For example, Verglas uses rifle mods so when you activate galv mods using your rifle Verglas also gets the bonuses. It just cant activate the mod by itself.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLckm8q40BV8K4blRsBk8

That's rad.

Thanks for the info!

22 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

I had no idea this was the case,  do any warframe arcanes effect sentinel weapons? there are a few that specifically target weapon types, ammo efficiency etc

vor einer Stunde schrieb FiveN9ne:

From another thread. Not my vid. Keep in mind mine kills even faster because of riven. Also activating galv mods makes it much stronger.

I couldn't simulate it. sent is overloaded with bonds? Because with the bond below, I can also faceroll in simulations. But that has nothing to do with real combat.

And in the end it's definitely about single target combat, because the rest are shot with Warframe weapons.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Momentous_Bond

2 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

From another thread. Not my vid. Keep in mind mine kills even faster because of riven. Also activating galv mods makes it much stronger.

i dont know man...

id like to see the build. it doesnt do anything like that for me. a ten second video explaining nothing isnt that helpful.

Edited by cha0sWyrM

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

I couldn't simulate it. sent is overloaded with bonds? Because with the bond below, I can also faceroll in simulations. But that has nothing to do with real combat.

And in the end it's definitely about single target combat, because the rest are shot with Warframe weapons.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Momentous_Bond

25 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i dont know man...

id like to see the build. it doesnt do anything like that for me. a ten second video explaining nothing isnt that helpful.

Here's a vid. https://streamable.com/rt2c6h

Keep in mind these are lvl225 SP Exo Officers. Imagine using this in base steel path on non heavy units. I use Wisp for bonus firerate and activated galvanized mods, no roar etc. 

Here are builds for Wyrm and Verglas. There is also no Momentous Bond usage as i didn't spawn Eximus units. https://imgur.com/a/2BLwVa8

EDIT: Against corpus it's even stupider (using mag/tox) because no armor. I did the new game mode on SP just by letting Verglas kill everything.

Edited by FiveN9ne
  • Like 2