Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Version. Resolution not staying set to fullscreen.

Talanthalas

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone.

I've been having this issue for a little while now. For whatever reason, every time I start up Warframe, it forces it into Windowed mode. This happens regardless of the Fullscreen checkbox in the launcher being checked or not.

I'm running a Ryzen 5 5700X CPU, Geforce 3060 12GB GPU, 64GB RAM. Deleting EE.cfg worked on the first launch, but right back to the issue afterwards.

Any help is appreciated; I'd prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall, but that might be where it's heading next...

Edit: Did a full uninstall and reinstall via Steam. Same issue still occurs. I open the game, log in, options, video settings, 1080p fullscreen. It's defaulting to 1080p windowed, but I use a 4K TV as my monitor, so 1080p windowed is just too small.

Edited by Talanthalas
Attempted fix, didn't work

5 answers to this question

3 часа назад, Talanthalas сказал:

Any help is appreciated; I'd prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall, but that might be where it's heading next...

Press Win+R, copy %LocalAppData%\Warframe into the opened small window, press Ok. In the opened folder find EE.cfg file and delete it. It'll reset all the game settings, but you should be able to set them again and they will be saved after it, including the full screen mode.

8 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Press Win+R, copy %LocalAppData%\Warframe into the opened small window, press Ok. In the opened folder find EE.cfg file and delete it. It'll reset all the game settings, but you should be able to set them again and they will be saved after it, including the full screen mode.

Already tried this one, it worked the first boot after deletion, but then didn't work again afterwards.

4 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Windowed or borderless? If you use HDR I think it always defaults to windowed borderless.

HDR could be causing it? I'll toggle that one and see if it changes... It's been defaulting to Windowed.

12 hours ago, Talanthalas said:

Already tried this one, it worked the first boot after deletion, but then didn't work again afterwards.

HDR could be causing it? I'll toggle that one and see if it changes... It's been defaulting to Windowed.

This is solved! It must have been HDR causing it, cause with that turned off, it sticks to fullscreen.

Thank you both so much for the advice :D

• Like 1