Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Week Of Titan Extractors: How Have Your Experiences Been?

Trainer772

Initially, I read around the forums reading all the complaints and I thought that the concept was poorly executed (I still do, at any rate). However, it seemed that most people had dropped their extractors on high-level orokin cell planets and taking in damage at an extremely high rate.

I dropped mine on Mercury over the past week (because who wouldn't mind a little more poly & ferrite?) and I got:

12 detonite amps

~9-10k ferrite

~2-3k polymer bundles

No morphics (happy about that, I have 350)

My first extractor was destroyed very recently (after a week of service!), so my 2nd one is spending its 1st day digging around Mercury now.

I was actually very pleased with the results so I look forward to the improvements to come. I'm sure others will disagree (feel free to post your experiences), and there are probably some who hit the jackpot with an orokin cell planet.

Edited by Trainer772

Built a handful of them, but I only lost my first after 2 or 3 days, my second is still going strong at 9 % left. I don't know if it'll still live once I get back.

It collected me some nice amount of Ferrite (600-800) but less than what I can collect in a good Appolodorus run. It got me some small amount of detonite ampule and polymer bundle, along with 4 Morphics in one run.

All in all, pretty sastified with my Titans, who seems ridiculously hardy compared to everyone else's.

Not bad. Brings in plenty of Plastids and Polymer Bundles, so I can't complain to terribly. No rares yet sadly. Real shame we can't send it into the Derelicts to try and hunt for Mutagen Samples XD

I think the chance to pick up a rare is the equivalent of us going on the planet and picking up a yellow hoping for a rare. I'm not taking that chance when I have a shortage of some common mats that it can be better put on :P

Build three of them since their introduction, always deployed at Saturn. Got Plastids and Nanospores in quatities between 190 and 1100 each time. Each of them lasted exactly 3 deployments, and only one attempt was claimed after the 4 hour period, the others always on the dot, usually at -25%/-30% health.

Yes indeed these extractors are very useful I found myself lacking just a little bit of resources, twice, and on both occasions the extractor brought me what I need. The amount is very little but for doing absolutely nothing I found it a useful little tool that adds a little something to the game but I wouldn't mind if there was an advance extractor one that had more A.I so I could chose what resource to look for and the time would be doubled so instead of 4hrs it would be 8hrs for the resource that I want. Anyway I like that they have added this and maybe a scanner bot would also be useful. So many different approaches they can take and add from just using this concept which I adore.

lost 5 off them...got nothing. wtf are you talking about? They don't collect SH*T.

EDIT: Sorry. Just collected one. 430 polys. Wow. One more run and i have the polycost for one of them.

EDIT 2: wow this one really fights the good fight. only 5/100 hitpoints and is nearly done collecting.

EDIT 3: So. I just (just means 2 days ago) finished building my 8th extractor. And so far it has collected ~3,5k polys. and ~1,5k circuits. It Just seems, that RNG is terrible on them.

Edited by Megakruemel

I have basically got Nano Spores after Nano Spores. No Orokin Cells for me, and I have gone through 3 Drones. There needs to be a way to repair Drones that you withdraw from a planet when they are damaged rather than having their eventual demise as an inevitable thing. The damage taken should be more random, and if I manage to pull a Drone out of action before it is destroyed I should be able to repair it while another one is at work... This would be similar to building a new one anyways, just a little less futile feeling.

My experience with the drones has been hit and miss, it's pretty annoying that they randomly take like 60% damage in a span of 20 minutes.

I've had very poor luck trying to get neurodes from Earth, I think I got 4 from the first collection but then that drone died immediately after. I don't think I've found any more neurodes there since then and I've lost a few drones in the process. I've found a ton of Orokin Cells from Saturn (only lost like 1 drone there), got 2 or 3 neurodes from Eris (may have lost another drone), and then had a several day long streak of circuit and Orokin Cell income from Ceres. That was the most heroic drone I've ever seen and now it's dead...cuz I sent it back to Earth...

Roughly half of my resources have been junk, especially from Eris (oh, the nano spore horror), but I've found a fair amount of useful stuff so far.

Edited by Ailith

I would like to point out that Im at like the 6 Titan Extractor, but let me ask you this...

would you pay 60.000 Credits and Materials for 4 Orokin Cells?

I do, that is why I reccomend to do this only for those who have Credits and resources to spend...

They seem to be subject to extreme RNG (shocking, that, RNG from DE??).  I can only log in twice a day realistically so mine have normally run 10-12 hours at a time. The first deployment led to 32% damage. The next 3 deployments it took no damage and the next killed it. I was deploying on Saturn for Orokin Cells like many people.

A clanmate deployed on Saturn (usually for around 24 hours) and it took 3 or 4 days to even take a point of damage but by day 5/6 it exploded.

Some people will be incredibly lucky, others will just throw credits down the drain on them. It's a nice idea to be able to farm planets (I used to do PI in EVE :P) but the implementation needs much refinement (like many things around here). They could take some tips from PI in EVE tbh. I'd like to see the following:

1. Leave RNG damage in but tone it down and add repairs. I don't think there should be a realistic chance that your drone could blow up in 24 hours as most people game once a day.

2. Add a range of times to deploy for in a similar way to PI. The longer you set it for, the lower the yield per hour. You trade off not having to check back as often for performance.

3. After deployment time is up the drone doesn't automatically return, you have to go and collect it. Leaving it there longer just risks damage.