Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Week Of Titan Extractors: How Have Your Experiences Been?

Trainer772

LOTS of detonite ampules. i was annoyed to found out they take damage even before the 3hrs was up. had a extractor at Eris, last 50 health before the first hr was done. i've lost 2 extractor so far.

regardless, i think, as someone who occasionally use gear/restore items, they're useful for gathering resources for that, but it wont replace actively farming from missions. also, never put a extractor in any of the high level planets.

LOTS of detonite ampules. i was annoyed to found out they take damage even before the 3hrs was up. had a extractor at Eris, last 50 health before the first hr was done. i've lost 2 extractor so far.

regardless, i think, as someone who occasionally use gear/restore items, they're useful for gathering resources for that, but it wont replace actively farming from missions. also, never put a extractor in any of the high level planets.

Seems like people who take the most damage are those who go for high-level planets.

I had placed mine on Merc to get some ferrite and polys, and it seems like it coincidentally takes the least damage on merc which is why mine's lasted a whole week.

I haven't deployed it this week because I know I can't retrieve it in 4 hours.

The fact that it might (and most likely will) be destroyed if I'm not there to check on it is causing me to not use it if I'm not sure I can play in 4 hours.

When I used it last week? Grabbed me a bunch of circuits I sorely needed. It's a good tool, but the retrieval needs some help.

I haven't deployed it this week because I know I can't retrieve it in 4 hours.

The fact that it might (and most likely will) be destroyed if I'm not there to check on it is causing me to not use it if I'm not sure I can play in 4 hours.

When I used it last week? Grabbed me a bunch of circuits I sorely needed. It's a good tool, but the retrieval needs some help.

I've had it deployed even when I went to bed for a solid amount of time. It hasn't given me much trouble in that time period.

Then again, I'm on Mercury. Damage taken there is minimal, but at least it's a nice gain with minimal risk especially while I'm sleeping.

First deployment on Saturn: some plastids, 50% damage.

Second deployment on Saturn: destroyed.

I haven't deployed another titan.  It's not worth the cost given how fragile they are.  I'm only really interested in cells and neural sensors at this point anyway.

Terrible, they need to increase the timer to 8 hours and grant at least a two hour safety window before they start to take damage.

That would cover, work, sleep and play.

Work AND sleep? Are you crazy? If you want the best from that game, better the quit the job and stop sleeping. Because that's what DE's intended.

You are such a low-life. /troll

I find the idea pretty good, the execution bad. You should be able to upgrade that dude, till - let's say lvl 10. And the higher he has become, the better he farms. Higher percentage of getting rares.

And 4 hours is really a joke.

While I love and adore the idea, I've found that in practice, for the moment, it's effectively useless. 

-You can not deploy more than 1 for the moment, making the income of material negligible. In the time it takes for me to stop what I'm doing, open my laptop, run warframe, deploy/collect, and shut everything down, I could farm about 4 time those resources.

-You can't repair your titan, which means at the moment the "repair" cost is building another. which is wildly too expensive.

-You can't sell resources, or trade them. This isn't a problem with the extractor but the game. I have over 200 detonite ampules, I don't want any grineer clan tech..... so those are totally lost for now.

-The damage it take: presumably RNG, at first, it seemed like it could only take damage after it did it's 4 hour cycle, which was good, so if you planned, you weren't punished. Now it seems it can take damage whenever, this coupled with the cost of deploying a full health drone, makes it extremely expensive to keep up a reliable operation.

Despite all of this, I've still invested hundreds of thousands of credits, and practically all of my polymer into these drones. I'm expecting a fix to this system that will make it a viable way, for patient people with little time, to farm, slowly. Because as of now, it feel like a distraction developed to take your attention away from other things that are being worked on and aren't quite fixed.

Since I'm stuck with a work schedule that keeps me pretty playing pretty casually during the week, the extractor has helped me save a little time grinding Rubedo so that I can focus on other ingredients for whatever I need to build. I'd like to be able to deploy more than one at a time, though. Maybe 2 or 3 on different planets.

I've built five and rotate them so none of them get destroyed. when one gets low i make another...lol.

still hoping for a way to repair them.

i get nothing but plastids (good!) and nano spores (LOL), no clan-tech-piece-creating-parts or orokin cells, been on nowhere but saturn all week.

Edited by Volume

I think the chance to pick up a rare is the equivalent of us going on the planet and picking up a yellow hoping for a rare. I'm not taking that chance when I have a shortage of some common mats that it can be better put on :P

Wasn't too terribly interested in any of the rares really, just felt a bit cheated when most of the Titan threads have had folks posting pictures of a whole buttload of rare mat gains XD