Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upgrading relics really needs to change.

Telluric

I know I'm beating the dead horse with this topic, but seriously, I'm just so tired of wasting every amount of void traces in my inventory only to keep getting bronze rewards from my relics. I'm even more frustrated at using the relics I had to spend Aya on from Varzia, and still only getting the bronze rewards from them.

Out of the 9 I've ran so far, I upgraded 7 of them. Out of the 9, I got 7 bronze rewards, and 2 silver rewards. Only 1 of those silver rewards was from an upgraded relic; the other was from a default one. At this point, I feel like I've not only wasted my Aya, but I've seriously wasted my void traces, the latter of which is genuinely indisputable. 

I would suggest that relic cracking needs some kind of pity system for repeated bronze rewards (on repeated relics), but I know I'll just get a bunch of "UM well ackshually" replies in here, so I won't bother.

My other suggestions are simple.

1. Maxed out relics are locked out of giving you bronze rewards entirely. Why spend 100 void traces (which you have to accumulate at a snail's pace) only to get a common reward that you're CLEARLY NOT trying to get?

or

2. Refund spent void traces if the rewards are bronze tier. Again, people who max their relics are obviously not trying to get their yums from the bronze pool, and it's seriously unrewarding to spend 700+ void traces, again which are seriously not quick to accumulate, only to get absolutely nothing to show for any of them.

People have been clamoring for a long time to increase the amount of void traces earned, which has always fallen on deaf ears, so why not just change how they get spent by altering what we obtain with them?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Telluric said:

I know I'm beating the dead horse with this topic, but seriously, I'm just so tired of wasting every amount of void traces in my inventory only to keep getting bronze rewards from my relics. I'm even more frustrated at using the relics I had to spend Aya on from Varzia, and still only getting the bronze rewards from them.

Out of the 9 I've ran so far, I upgraded 7 of them. Out of the 9, I got 7 bronze rewards, and 2 silver rewards. Only 1 of those silver rewards was from an upgraded relic; the other was from a default one. At this point, I feel like I've not only wasted my Aya, but I've seriously wasted my void traces, the latter of which is genuinely indisputable. 

I would suggest that relic cracking needs some kind of pity system for repeated bronze rewards (on repeated relics), but I know I'll just get a bunch of "UM well ackshually" replies in here, so I won't bother.

My other suggestions are simple.

1. Maxed out relics are locked out of giving you bronze rewards entirely. Why spend 100 void traces (which you have to accumulate at a snail's pace) only to get a common reward that you're CLEARLY NOT trying to get?

or

2. Refund spent void traces if the rewards are bronze tier. Again, people who max their relics are obviously not trying to get their yums from the bronze pool, and it's seriously unrewarding to spend 700+ void traces, again which are seriously not quick to accumulate, only to get absolutely nothing to show for any of them.

People have been clamoring for a long time to increase the amount of void traces earned, which has always fallen on deaf ears, so why not just change how they get spent by altering what we obtain with them?

Relics are as clunky and player-hostile as they are because making them an easier or gentler would cut into DE's bottom line.  I'll trot out my favorite line again.  When you engage with a F2P game, you are willingly engaging with player-hostile systems.  However, your feedback is still perfectly valid, so please don't feel as if I am silencing you.

I'll end with a question.  Are you doing radshares?  If you aren't, you're going to have a much higher chance of getting what you want if you do a radshare (or, if you're with people you trust, a radstagger).

If you're of the mind that the tactic that is literally made to extend Grind in a free-to-play game, and encourages players to play in groups in a game billed as a Co-op game, should in some way refund costs or guarantee more results... You aren't aware of what the grind in a free-to-play game is actually for.

It's not for the player, it's for the game. The fine line of 'enough reward to keep players in the game' versus 'enough grind to encourage paying' is something DE has walked for years.

Your pity system for a bunch of Bronze Tier rewards is called Trading. Trade junk for multiple small amounts of Plat and trade the accumulated Plat for the thing you want.

• Like 1