The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing to the drifter after choosing tenno in the new war

Sherigala

Pretty much as the title says. I chose the tenno back in the day in the new war, and since switched to drifter. however any new quest that comes out defaults me back onto the tenno. Is it possible to have my choice altered as i picked the drifter not the tenno? if i have to re-do the new war that is fine, and this is pure aesthetically a question. However the new war was the point where i was ready to let the tenno grow up, and this defaulting system is getting a bit annoying.

Out of curiosity, what quests do you mean? 

I choose Drifter, but for example, only one quest I can think of, (the most recent), had a difference, in that it seemed on purpose that Operator was used. Other that that, I can't really think any besides Duviri, which also had a specific character (Drifter). I can't recall others since New War. 

From what I understand, when or whether Drifter or Operator is used, depends on the quest and story they are telling. I believe the next few quests will also touch on this dynamic too, from an interview I read recently (I can link it if anyone so desires, its a website Sportskeedia)

As said above, drifter/operator is driven by the lore here. Most likely the Operator will be the main character for most of the incoming stories, the Drifter being more recent but most importantly missed lots of development (relationship with Lotus, Second Dream, War Within etc).

The choice you've made in New War was for that quest's final stage only. The main character is still the Operator, and Drifter is just the alternative counterpart. That said, some post-NW quests do have 2 dialogue variants and they respect your chosen counterpart.

What i mean is for ex. i started the angels of zariman as drifter, but only got to play as tenno. I guess this means that i have to update the tenno's looks, becasue the quests default to them as a protagonist.