Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive Projection + tauforged green shard not 100% armor stripping?

(PSN)Magician_NG

Question

This is not an "I'm not doing enough damage" thread. More of my trying to understand the reason why. On paper: 26% armor removal with 1 corrosive proc + 12 corrosive procs at 6% per corrosive proc + 18% armor removal should be well over 100% armor strip. My only assumption is that Corrosive Projection is 18% a reduction from total available armor and not a flat amount?

So...say 2700 armor, 98% armor reduced from 13 corrosive procs, 54 armor remaining.

At that point CP only takes 10 of the 54....still leaving 44 armor?

2 answers to this question

hace 4 horas, (PSN)Magician_NG dijo:

This is not an "I'm not doing enough damage" thread. More of my trying to understand the reason why. On paper: 26% armor removal with 1 corrosive proc + 12 corrosive procs at 6% per corrosive proc + 18% armor removal should be well over 100% armor strip. My only assumption is that Corrosive Projection is 18% a reduction from total available armor and not a flat amount?

So...say 2700 armor, 98% armor reduced from 13 corrosive procs, 54 armor remaining.

At that point CP only takes 10 of the 54....still leaving 44 armor?

I think it's because they work diferent.

The aura doesn't work like you think it does, it just makes the enemies starting with the armor lower, i think(?)

If an enemy has 2000 armor then you applied 18% of the aura then the enemies gonna have 1,640 of ''initial'' armor. 
The status of corrosive work on ''initial'' armor nor in the ''whole'' armor. 
Then 1,640 - 98% = 32.8

Edit: I'm still going to test.
Edit2: With abilities it works correctly.
Edit3: In effect, it seems that the corrosive status stacks work with a different formula than abilities which makes them calculate separately.  The aura mod has the same formula as the abilities.

Video Test:

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

6 hours ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

My only assumption is that Corrosive Projection is 18% a reduction from total available armor and not a flat amount?

Indeed.

BTW, no need to assume, the Wiki can tell you:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Corrosive_Projection

When Corrosive Projection is combined with the status effect of [...] Corrosive, the armor reduction is multiplicative.