Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hephaestus the Blacksmith (Frame Idea)

Ok, so for context I was listening to a song and had the idea for this frame, would love to hear the community's thoughts on it.

Hephaestus

Blacksmith Themed Frame
High Health, Low Armor, High Energy

Overheat Bar - Unique Mechanic for Hephaestus, kills with his exalted hammer or melee weapons build up heat for the "Forge", with standard melee weapons being slower, and giving him a buff to his exalted weapon damage, alongside making his other abilities stronger (Between 10-15% better). Having the heat in the "sweet spot (65-75% full)" will increase the strength of the buff. Overheating drains energy and lowers both your movement and melee attack speed as you get worn out from the heat exhaustion.
Standard Melee weapons increase the overheat bar by 1%, while Hephaestus' hammer gives 3%.

1st Ability: Forge God's Hammer (Exalted Weapon)
Summon Hephaestus' exalted Hammer and wield it as your Melee weapon, doing a mix of Impact and Heat damage with big swings and large slam attacks. 
Having the hammer summoned will change your 3rd ability from "Forge God's Anvil" to "Sundering Blow".

2nd Ability: Stoke the Flames
Increase/Decrease the amount of heat in your overheat bar by 5% in either direction, tap to switch between increasing and decreasing and then hold to execute your choice.

3rd Ability: Forge God's Anvil/Sundering Blow
"Forge God's Anvil": When Hephaestus does not have his hammer summoned, using this ability will summon a large, heavy anvil, doing AoE impact damage. The anvil will remain in place for a duration, and works in tandem with the other half of this ability.

"Sundering Blow": With his hammer summoned, using this ability causes him to lift the hammer high above his head, slamming it down to cause a large AoE effect of Impact damage and potentially knocking down enemies.
When this is used in tandem with the "Forge God's Anvil", the AoE changes from Impact damage to Slash and Heat as the hot, sharp slag from the work gets launched out around Hephaestus' anvil. Allies in the radius of the slam will get the "Smith's Song" buff, giving them a temporary increase in their armor and reload speed.

4th Ability: Amut's Crucible
Hephaestus channels the power of Amut's Crucible, creating an intense forge around him that empowers allies and devastates enemies.

Initial Cast: When activated, Hephaestus slams his hammer into the ground, creating a large circular forge zone around him.

Forge Zone Effects:
Enemies: The forge zone deals continuous Heat damage over time to enemies within its radius. The damage scales with the Overheat bar, dealing maximum damage when in the "sweet spot" (65-75%) and overheating when at maximum.
Allies: Allies within the forge zone receive the "Smith's Blessing" buff, increasing their melee damage, attack speed, and providing a small health regeneration over time. Allies also gain resistance to status effects.
Environment: The forge zone enhances environmental elements (e.g., fire pits, gas pipes) within its radius, causing them to erupt and deal additional Heat damage to enemies.

Additional Effects:
Overheat Synergy: If Hephaestus' Overheat bar is in the "sweet spot" (65-75%), the forge zone's radius and damage are increased. Overheating causes the forge zone to rapidly drain energy but increases the damage output and buff effects temporarily.
Duration and Energy: The ability has a fixed duration, and Hephaestus can recast it to extend the duration or reposition the forge zone. Recasting consumes additional energy.

Appearance wise he would look much like a grizzled blacksmith, with earthy colors and a more muscular looking build, broad shoulders, solid chest, etc. Armor would look like a traditional blacksmith's outfit, with some kind of metal plating to resemble an apron/smock with some small scorch marks and signs of wear and tear, reinforced gauntlets and boots with little ornate details on them, and his helmet could look much like a blacksmith's forge mask or a welding helmet almost, with a visor that can lift to reveal a rugged battle-worn faceplate underneath it.

He could also have other neat additions to his armor, like little blacksmith tools as accessories on the armor (tongs, smaller hammers, etc.), maybe some glowing runes or patterns that could signify some ancient forging techniques, chains or metal rings hanging on his armor, things like that.

Lemme know what you guys think, if you don't like it please don't be too harsh, this is my first time making something like this in a long while. <3

• Like 2

Not too bad.  I'd definitely play him.

Only suggestion would be maybe a different name for him unless he's gonna be the first ever paraplegic frame (which actually would be pretty interesting).  After having that issue when I was making my own blacksmith-themed frame, I just stuck to the name "Forge" since it works well enough by frame standards and it makes him a bit more universally self-explanatory as to what he does.

25 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

Not too bad.  I'd definitely play him.

Only suggestion would be maybe a different name for him unless he's gonna be the first ever paraplegic frame (which actually would be pretty interesting).  After having that issue when I was making my own blacksmith-themed frame, I just stuck to the name "Forge" since it works well enough by frame standards and it makes him a bit more universally self-explanatory as to what he does.

I see! I never knew Hephaestus was partly disabled, but it definitely could also be a pretty cool idea if (by some odd chance) DE did take this idea and run with it to have a disabled frame in some way. Spur of the moment while listening to the song Hephaestus was the first name that popped into my mind, but I'll also probably look into some other names as well to see if I find or come up with any other names that'd fit. Thanks~! <3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Nekopolitan_ said:

I see! I never knew Hephaestus was partly disabled, but it definitely could also be a pretty cool idea if (by some odd chance) DE did take this idea and run with it to have a disabled frame in some way. Spur of the moment while listening to the song Hephaestus was the first name that popped into my mind, but I'll also probably look into some other names as well to see if I find or come up with any other names that'd fit. Thanks~! <3

Sindri and Kaveh would be two names to look into for that.  If you wanted to expand the options, I'd say look into volcano deities since at least at least a couple of mythologies associated volcanoes as forges for gods.  Some fire deities like Hephaestus might also have attribution to forges or blacksmiths as well.

13 hours ago, codenameglitchy said:

This is sick aye. I never thought of a blacksmith frame. U nailed it. 10/10 would main

I won't lie, this put a huge smile on my face, I've been a big fan of blacksmiths and the amazingly hard work they put into all their crafts, so when the thought occurred to me that we don't have a blacksmith frame, I got to work immediately with some spur of the moment inspiration. Thanks~! <3

10 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Sindri and Kaveh would be two names to look into for that.  If you wanted to expand the options, I'd say look into volcano deities since at least at least a couple of mythologies associated volcanoes as forges for gods.  Some fire deities like Hephaestus might also have attribution to forges or blacksmiths as well.

Will do! Thanks for the recommendations~! <3

• Like 1

honestly this is a pretty sick concept, the buffs given by his abilities are a little mundane but not horrible, and an exalted hammer is just muah. if I knew how to draw I would make you an artpiece for this because its actually cool. like another guy said though I recommend you find a different name, Hephaestus is a little too generic, and additionally, warframes do better with fewer syllables. 
i recommend Talos, its the name of a giant robot built by Hephasteus, so it would still match the blacksmith theme.
7/10

12 hours ago, goonsesh said:

honestly this is a pretty sick concept, the buffs given by his abilities are a little mundane but not horrible, and an exalted hammer is just muah. if I knew how to draw I would make you an artpiece for this because its actually cool. like another guy said though I recommend you find a different name, Hephaestus is a little too generic, and additionally, warframes do better with fewer syllables. 
i recommend Talos, its the name of a giant robot built by Hephasteus, so it would still match the blacksmith theme.
7/10

Gotcha gotcha~! I actually kinda like the name Talos as well, I'm still bouncing some names around to see what I feel fits, but I definitely appreciate the idea~! Thanks~! <3

Awesome concept! I would suggest that he should have high armor though, and only like 300-350 max base energy. He is a blacksmith after all, and I would imagine if he plans to take part in battles often that he would want to forge himself a suitable armor set.

Edited by Novashank

3 hours ago, Novashank said:

Awesome concept! I would suggest that he should have high armor though, and only like 300-350 max base energy. He is a blacksmith after all, and I would imagine if he plans to take part in battles often that he would want to forge himself a suitable armor set.

That's a fair argument to make. I was mostly thinking of how blacksmiths have all sorts of stamina, hence the high health/high energy with the added energy drain when overheated. I could see at least moving it up to maybe medium for how resilient they are working in the heat and such. Thanks for the idea~! <3

I would make him more Metal theme (i know Hephaestus's forges were though to be volcanoes but as for smithing blacksmiths are about creation and would work better as a support class) a volcano would be good as a representation of Pure destruction eruptions and blast damage. I had a Volcano/Lava warframe concept along time ago called Vesuvius and you could reuse Embers old World On Fire as an ability for him. Also a blacksmith frame would be a good opportunity to make it a Dwarframe so we could have an unofficial Deep Rock Galactic crossover so we can rock and stone while we grind. Also Metal could be related to the 3 damage types, Slashing, Piercing, and impact

Passive: Reinforce: while near allies their armor is increased by a certain percent and deployed abilities will last a little longer/have more health near him such as Frostglobe, Wukong's double, Nekros shades, Calibans summons, Proteas Turrets, Atlas Tumblers and Wall, Loki Decoys, Vaubans Bastion etc even augments such as Equinox's split

My take would be when you use one of his skills his and it would augment by increasing damage type

1. Fires metal shrapnel that shreds armor and  allies hitting shrapneled enemies do increased slash damage

2. Summons the exalted hammer the while holding the hammer you and allies do increased impact damage

3. Monument: the Warframe causes a metal monument to appear from the ground knocking enemies down and applying piercing damage, allies in the radius while the monument is up have greater piercing damage and hitting the monument with an elemental power or augment will apply that status damage to all enemies in the radius

4: Forge: summon the forge it will cause continuous fire damage the warframes other abilities will also cause fire damage added to their base stats if cast while next to the forge, allies in the forges radius have all damage/status types they on their weapons increased by a percentage.

Edited by Rada13