Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cassandra, a Spider-themed Warframe designed around Sniper Gameplay

Roble_Viejo

"Cassandra is a Spider-themed Warframe, a selective premeditative killer who prefers Single-shot Weapons and likes to let Enemies
simmer in their Cocoons before killing them. Hiding up in the corner of the walls, her Enemies never saw Cassandra, only her Web of Death."

Passive : Setules
- Infinite Wall Latch. Once you hold Right Click and Shift to perform a Wall Latch you can let go of the keys and stay in the wall. Bullet Jump to cancel.
- Cassandra uses a Custom Animation for her Wall Latch (4 Extra Spider Limbs coming from her back, like Titania's Wings)
- She is free to move around, cast Abilities and use any Weapon (except Melee)
- - Clarification: This serves as a Defensive Tool aswell since Enemies tend to miss Players who are above their Line of Sight.

First Ability : Web Sling
- If casted on a Wall or Ceiling it slings Cassandra to that surface and activates her Wall Latch.
- If casted on an Enemy that can be affected by CC it Webs them (they become massively slowed)
- The Web lingers from the point of cast to the target position. Similar to Harrow's Chains.
- - Example.: If you cast Web Sling on an Enemy, and the web makes a straight line through a door frame, all Enemies crossing that door will be Webbed.

Second Ability : Destiny Shot
- Cassandra empowers her next X Shots to make True Damage based on Target's Percentage HP.
- Destiny Shot automatically homes to the Head of Cocooned Enemies (it has an indicator similar to Wisp's Teleport to Reservoirs)

Third Ability : Cocoon
- All Webbed Enemies become Cocoons that hang from the ceiling. Its actually like Hydroid Tentacles or Hildryn Aegis Storm, they root Enemies and keep
them in the air, but the visual effect looks like a sack hanging from above. This is so it can work on Maps with no ceilings.
- Cocoon has Affinity Range and High Duration. Needs to be recast to Cocoon more targets.
- Cocoons have a 1x, 2x and 3x Loot on kill (indicated by the color of the Cocoon)
- It takes 5 seconds for 1x Multiplier, 10 seconds for 2x Multiplier and 25 seconds for the Maximum 3x Multiplier.
- Loot Multiplier doesn't change Drop Chance.
- Cassandra will receive the Loot dropped by her Cocoons regardless of distance.
- - Example.: Cassandra Cocoons all Webbed Enemies, dispatch the fodder ones quickly but wait for the other ones to reach 3x. Cassandra is a selective killer
who prefers Single-shot Weapons. AoE would mess with her Cocoons.

Fourth Ability : Egg Sack
- Cassandra seeds a Cocoon with Spider Eggs, this makes the Cocoon Invulnerable to Allies and can only be destroyed by her. Only 1 Egg Sack can exist at
a given time. Similar to how Xaku can only make 2 Enemies invulnerable with The Lost.
- Once the Egg Sack is destroyed it will spawn a swarm of Spiderlings, that will chase and latch to Enemies.
- Affected Enemies will leave a trail of Web and receive a Status Proc (Toxin, Cold, Viral or Corrosive) every 2 seconds. These Status Procs don't decay.
- The Amount and Duration of Spiderlings is based on the Cocoon Loot Multiplier. A 3x Cocoon will spawn 25 Spiders that last 25 Seconds.
- Enemies with Spiderlings attached to them will automatically become Egg Sacks when casting Cocoon.

General Playstyle
- Cassandra is obviously a Sedentary Warframe (excels at Camping and Controlling a Zone, but not so much at Moving and Killing quickly)
- At the beginning of the mission you choose a spot and start casting Web and Cocoons, once you cast Eggs Sack once or twice her kit starts snowballing
by itself so you don't need to cast so many Abilities so often.
- She is basically a Defense centered Warframe with built-in Pilfering Mechanics (the She-Nekros), but she is the first Selective Looter (Example.: Wanna
farm Oxium? Cocoon Orspreys and wait for them to reach 3x Loot Multiplier)
- Using AoE Weapons is actually detrimental to her kit. In fact this whole Warframe Concept started as a challenge to design a frame that would prefer
Single-shot Weapons.
- She is the Sniper-Spider Warframe.
- I chose to give her Cocoon Affinity Range and High Duration so Players can focus on Mix-Maxing Strength and Efficiency.

Single-most Important requirement to add her to the Game
- Add an Option in the Menu (next to Allied Mandachord Volume) so Players can Turn Off Cassandra's Spiders and replace them with the model for Nidus's Maggots.
- Im not Arachnophobic but as someone who has friends who are, I know for a fact how disruptive this can be for the Gaming Experience (an Arachnophobic friend
of mine who plays League literally quits the game if there is an Elise in the match, he literally can not watch it, he gets pale and starts sweating cold)

Recently the user u/Leonidax0 made an incredible Visual Concept for such a Warframe. This is the link to their Original Post on Reddit :

And for her animations, picture picture Blackarachnia from Transformers or Elise from League of Legends, with Gun-play animations like Widow-maker or Ana from Overwatch.

And this the Greek Myth that inspired this concept, her name and her Lore:

Cassandra was a beautiful Trojan priestess and a master weaver, she dedicated herself to the Sun God Apollo and was fated by him to utter true prophecies but never to be believed. She was able to weave the destiny of men, but unable to untie the nets she created. Greeks believed her to be a Weaver of Destiny and was sometimes depicted as a Spider.

Have a Nice Day Tenno! 🤗

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Really nice idea for a spider + sniper themed warframe. i think i had an almost similar idea with the cocoon skill, and specially with the option to turn off the spider effects is a great concept , i myself don't like spider or any creepy crawlers in general  so that would help out in gameplay greatly. Overall great idea good job👍.

• Like 1

This is just reminding me of that arachnophobia setting in WoW that turns anything that looks like a spider into a crab, which makes it go from spooky to hilarious pretty quick.

Interesting concept for sure, although I think the "anti-AoE" aspect isn't really that good an idea given the current state of the game.  Yes, it could be doable and has been done before, but what frames we see that are purely single-target tend to fall by the wayside as being too niche for regular gameplay no matter how much they're adapted to it (although this concept seems to try a bit harder than others).

I'd think she also still needs something more for defense, like adding a proper stealth element when wall latched and not attacking or being hit after a set amount of time (like five seconds or so) or replacing her second ability with some sort of defensive ability.  Oh, and a sniper rifle; maybe one that has built in AoE via explosive or chaining shots because not every enemy can be CC'ed, so you have some way of compensating for that.

Other than that, I'd probably still try this frame.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

I get what you are saying warframe today is how many enemies you can kill and how quickly, and my idea of a spider themed warframe was kinda like increasing the range of AOE attacks done by skills and attacks. I thought it might be a cool idea, kinda like a buffer/ support.

As for the chaining shots you mentioned, I think he can apply it to his cocoon ability, for example if you hit a cocooned enemy it will chain through all the other cocooned enemies or something like that. But that's just a suggestion😅.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...