Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intrincists as a currency

6 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

No. You maxed it, so it is maxed. End of story.

So... you maxed frame/gun once and you don't forma it? You may do it for some challenge but I bet 99% of people that can, will forma their gear (that they want to use) at least once.

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

So... you maxed frame/gun once and you don't forma it?

Doesnt matter if you forma it or not. By formaing you make it unmaxed. We are talking about maxed state. If it is maxed, it is maxed, you do not get any additional currency after it is already max rank.

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:
2 hours ago, quxier said:

Doesnt matter if you forma it or not. By formaing you make it unmaxed. We are talking about maxed state. If it is maxed, it is maxed, you do not get any additional currency after it is already max rank.

My point was that you are against giving anything after maxing intristics but you are ok with forma. I guess at some point in Warframe development we had no forma game. You max frame and that's it. Imagine someone said "no, it's maxed, end of story".

2 hours ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

anything

IMHO, they should allow us to buff Drifter but maybe with some negatives, speciall mission or something.

7 hours ago, quxier said:
9 hours ago, Zakkhar said:
9 hours ago, quxier said:

My point was that you are against giving anything after maxing intristics but you are ok with forma. I guess at some point in Warframe development we had no forma game. You max frame and that's it. Imagine someone said "no, it's maxed, end of story".

Your point is that you clearly do not understand my point. You could totally reset your Intrinsics to 0 if you so please and earn new ones. But that doesnt do anything. Once it is maxed and you do not unmex it - it is done. You do not earn any more resources towards the goal so they are not in any way wasted. There is no Prestige or +Ranks, like in NW.

It is like running competition. There is a start line and finish line. After the finish-line, competition is off. You can keep running, but it doesnt do anything for the competition. You can (if  this competition allows it) restart the race and run it again, but again it only counts within the start and finish line bounds. Anything you run after the finish line DOES NOT COUNT for the competition.

Weapon competition allows restarting the race. Intrinsics doesnt. However, both do not count anything after a finish line.

PS: Formaing a weapon has hardly anything to do with ranking it. It could be totally done without it, as ranking it is not connected to forma at all. It is a just a nuisance that is supposed to keep you in the game. Only case where forma has connection with ranks is when you forma a Kuva/Tenet weapon or Paracesis/Necramech and it does in fact increase the weapon "rank/capacity", but originally it did not. But it could still be done without the need to remax it again.

Edited by Zakkhar

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:
10 hours ago, quxier said:
12 hours ago, Zakkhar said:
12 hours ago, quxier said:

Expand  

Your point is that you clearly do not understand my point. You could totally reset your Intrinsics to 0 if you so please and earn new ones. But that doesnt do anything. Once it is maxed and you do not unmex it - it is done. You do not earn any more resources towards the goal so they are not in any way wasted. There is no Prestige or +Ranks, like in NW.

It is like running competition. There is a start line and finish line. After the finish-line, competition is off. You can keep running, but it doesnt do anything for the competition. You can (if  this competition allows it) restart the race and run it again, but again it only counts within the start and finish line bounds. Anything you run after the finish line DOES NOT COUNT for the competition.

Weapon competition allows restarting the race. Intrinsics doesnt. However, both do not count anything after a finish line.

PS: Formaing a weapon has hardly anything to do with ranking it. It could be totally done without it, as ranking it is not connected to forma at all. It is a just a nuisance that is supposed to keep you in the game. Only case where forma has connection with ranks is when you forma a Kuva/Tenet weapon or Paracesis/Necramech and it does in fact increase the weapon "rank/capacity", but originally it did not. But it could still be done without the need to remax it again.

Then your original point:

12 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

No. You maxed it, so it is maxed. End of story.

is just because you PERSONALLY like content with finish line without anything past 'max rank'. If that's the case there is no point in arguing because answer will be 'because I like it' kind of thing.

I don't know how explain it otherwise.

10 minutes ago, quxier said:

is just because you PERSONALLY like content with finish line without anything past 'max rank'. If that's the case there is no point in arguing because answer will be 'because I like it' kind of thing.

There is no corelation with what I like PERSONALLY. This is how the system works. Take it or leave it. You can choose to live in reality or in your dreams. Do not like race competition with bounds between start line and finish line? Do not participate. Nobody will change rules, just because you feel like it.

Edited by Zakkhar

So I've maxed my duviri intrinsics. This a major reward for duviri and railjack content. Can we we please spend this reward on something useful? Arcanes, resource, anything... i really hate wasted rewards.

OP. There is nothing wasted, because there is nothing earned after maxed.

49 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:
58 minutes ago, quxier said:

There is no corelation with what I like PERSONALLY. This is how the system works. Take it or leave it. You can choose to live in reality or in your dreams. Do not like race competition with bounds between start line and finish line? Do not participate. Nobody will change rules, just because you feel like it.

Well, I just disagree with you. I believe when developers create forum (or something) with name "feedback" they want take suggestions.

8 minutes ago, quxier said:

I believe when developers create forum (or something) with name "feedback" they want take suggestions.

Very naive. 

Creation of the forum and forum sections was likely never discussed with any game developers. It is a PR/CM issue.

Those groups want us to make suggestions, which causes us to believe we are involved in the process, which makes us involved with the game and community more. 

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

Well, I just disagree with you.

That is entirely possible and up to you, but do not attempt to do it in a way that misaligns or distorts my statement. 

Posted (edited)

The fact is this is a game without a finish line. I'm still doing the same content, grinding circuit for incarnon weapons and arcanes, running duviri missions for pathos clamps and resources. Except that now I've maxed intrinsics, that reward is gone. Same time invested, less reward. Warframe isn't a game you buy, play and then put on the shelf. It's live service (in case you didn't realize that). Even if you gotten everything there is to get, DE will add more later. We are getting more incarnon weapons later this year. What does that mean? More pathos clamps, more resources, more circuit.

In the base game, once you've maxed a frame or a weapon you have the option to install a focus lens. Thereby not "wasting" your XP. There is already a precedent for a XP alternative reward in the game. Why wouldn't it be the same for duviri?

personally I think it would make doing circuit and duviri more attractive to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel for different rewards.

How cool would it be to have another little store pop up from Teshin in the cave where you can use your excess intrinsics to buy stuff? Alternatively, you could spend the intrinsics with the duvirir merchant as a separate dialogue option. How about 50 intrinsics for 10 pathos clamps? 100 intrinsics for an arcane?

Edited by TenTonneSkeleton