Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ropalolyst assassination steel path

If you are fighting alone without all the fancy mods with your Spectors doing the damage to Ropalolyst and you still get mission failed without dying, I want to know why?  Why should people like me who are taking on the steel path alone be subject to a quick game, my time expired at 17:23 minutes this is wrong and should be looked at for solo missions or where no one will join you.

iven with fancy mods is impossible to kill it solo due to how fast he recovers after you take away the last health bar the recovery is so fast that you dont have time to press the button to finish the fight or he simply buggout and start to constantly jump the ledged or loop grab you until game over

5 hours ago, (PSN)yokai1235 said:

is impossible to kill it solo due to how fast he recovers after you take away the last health bar the recovery is so fast that you dont have time to press the button

Press the button first, kill it after. I have been doing the impossible thing forever, it seems. Guess I did not know it was impossible.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

I remember this! Yeah it was hard, wasn't it? I remember that dumb near-instant recovery when you're supposed to press the button.

As with all things in this game, I soloed it with Mag. I can't remember the exact build, but I think it was with a Sancti Tigris...

If I had to do it again, I'd definitely use a stronger single-target weapon like the Phenmor, and I'd do it with the benefit of some survivability measures like Adaptation, Arcane Aegis, and Quick Thinking. Fortunately there are no toxin attacks during the match, so a Shield-focused survival strategy should work fine. And because it's a boss you don't need to worry about using abilities for anything bug survival, so you can mod for high efficiency, energy generation, and strength to make Mag's #3 reach a comfortable Shield-Gate with little expense. (Though I think I put a lot of parkour into it for convenience if I'm remembering this correctly...) I'm saying this all with 20/20 hindsight. At the time I didn't have many Arcanes or Arbitration Mods, so I just used Operator/Void-Mode and played guerilla tactics. I tend to go overboard with trying to make what I have work (rather than going and getting something that will work better).

The button thing for me just came down to rhythm. I got used to motion control toggle-aiming and positioned myself at the button before triggering the stagger, then it was just a quick jerk, untoggle-aim, and press button in one fluid motion.