Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Struggling with synthesis

(First time writing something on these forums, so hopefully I'm doing it right) It's currently impossible for me to perform a synthesis scan in any way, no matter how hard I try. I'm currently doing the The New Strange quest, but for the life of me I CAN'T actually scan any of the points on the target. I'll set a trap, I'll zoom in with the scanner (ZL button), I'll hover over the points on the target and try to "fire" on them (ZR button), but nothing ever activates. Everything I've checked online says I'm doing it right, but I'm seeing no results in the slightest. Am I missing something here? Should I hotkey something? (I already have the scanner and traps hotkeyed so I'm good with those, it's actually scanning the darned target that's irritating)

24 minutes ago, (NSW)asterleavess said:

I'll hover over the points on the target and try to "fire" on them (ZR button), but nothing ever activates

Just to check, you are HOLDING the fire button? Because just a quick tap won't do the trick.

Also, some targets may use a "banish" type ability, that makes them immune to scans for a short while.

• Like 1

Keep holding the fire button regardless if you aim at the point or not.

Depends on the target, one dude is able to duplicate himself and if you scan the copy nothing happens (you have to scan the original).

Other thing: which scanner do you use? Codex scanner (whitish) will not work, you have to use simaris scanner (yellowish) specifically.

You speak about the points so I can assume you are finding the right target, but it is possible you do not. You cannot just scan any enemy, it must be a special enemy (Blueish), which must be found by following the golden swirls. Swirls only spawn when simiaris says there is a target nearby (at the start of the mission). If he doesnt you need different mission. Here are the enemies + missions where you can find them:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=666483447

I find it the best to not bother with any traps and just scan them out of stealth.

Edited by Zakkhar

39 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Just to check, you are HOLDING the fire button? Because just a quick tap won't do the trick.

Thank you so much, that's EXACTLY what I needed to do! Was completely unaware that holding it in was the way to go