The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Once again asking for the circle to be clearly visible In game, not just on the minimap, in netracells

It's nice that there is an upcoming change to make it so your presence inside the circle is what matters, rather than the enemies'. However, this still doesn't mean you can easily tell that you are in the circle if near the edge. Due to the way spawns work, people are going to be standing near the edge a lot, and they need to be able to definitively tell if they are inside or not. Without a clearly visible circle in game, this upcoming change will just move the chat spam from "kill in the circle" to "stand in circle" as people inadvertently step outside trying to get kills as fast as possible.

It turns out that there is an EXTREMELY faint line on the map showing the circle, but it is too subtle to see in any kind of visual noise (ie enemies around or allies actually firing) and outright invisible in a variety of situations due to lighting, textures, etc. We need to have a clear, unambiguous, universally visible circle visible IN GAME, not just a red circle on the minimap, so we can clearly tell what is in and out of the circle. This is done in every other place in the game where there is a circle to worry about, including the Parasitic Towers deviation on the same tileset as Netracells, so it's not a case of the tech not existing. A clear, glowing edge around the zone, as is present every other time this comes up, should be in place.

• Like 10

I personally don't have trouble seeing the border of the circle, but I agree it could be brighter/sharper without negatively impacting gameplay. Then again, I solo Netracells, so I don't have to worry about squadmates who don't know what they're doing, and it's not necessarily DE's fault when players ignore the objective. You can't underestimate the intelligence of the general public, and all that.

That's right it happens, I unintentionally ignored it while killing the enemies.  I wish they would do something better to avoid ignoring this thing hiding in the room. The worst is when there is a bug, the circle does not display correctly and this makes it impossible for us to find it.  I really wish they would do something better to combat the bugs.

Edited by Eclipse2024Qc

A scrolling wall of holographic orokin script, like futuristic caution tape.

Also, a fully invulnerable voidrig at level cap that attacks any player outside the circle, starting about 30 seconds from objective start.  Vanishes when objective is completed.

Edited by MrDugan
  • Like 1