Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player experience: The lich system is too poorly explained to new players who would not be ready for it yet

kerozen666

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

That's the problem, you only learn about it in-game after stabbing the larvling and getting locked into the system

In what way you are being locked? What does it lock you from?  By pressing "Play Warframe" link you are being locked into the system as well. Did you read the extensive tutorials before pressing it? Who provided them?

Edited by Zakkhar

38 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

In what way you are being locked? What does it lock you from?  By pressing "Play Warframe" link you are being locked into the system as well. Did you read the extensive tutorials before pressing it? Who provided them?

Alright, I get it, you’re being difficult on purpose

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Alright, I get it, you’re being difficult on purpose

I am just baffled of how you (and OP) keep repeating that having an active lich is somehow breaking the game, locking you out of experiencing rest of it or destroying a new player experience. It is not. At all. You make a mountain out of a molehill.

If someone doesnt like the system or a mechanic, there is nothing forcing them to engage with it. There is a clear choice. Actually there are multiple choices.

New player experience:

You stabbed one larvaling, you spawned a baddie. You can safely ignore it for the time being. Sure he may yoink a mod, credits and couple of mats. But you know you get them back because you have read the tutorial (you did read the tutorial, right?). But frankly the whole grind of relics, requiem mods, thralls, stabbing, you do not want to bother with it and you dont.  And you can. You have a choice.

Until one day you are terribly bored and actually engage with it. You eventualy grind your way through the Requiem mod system. You got better gear capable of dealing with high level missions and Lich itself. Sure you may fail some, but if you never fail you will not feel the satisfaction of progress. You killed it, its gone, you got the weapon.

You did not like it, now you know to not stab another. 

I do not get it how you can be so obsessed with the devs choice to make this experience as natural/practical as possible, to the point of flaming anyone who doesnt agree with your obsession.

Only thing that having an active Lich locks you out of, is having another Lich (or Sister) active.

Edited by Zakkhar

4 hours ago, MrDugan said:

I've been saying this from the start:  There should be a solo quest where a player has to take on a lich that has to be completed before larvalings/candidates start spawning.  The quest would provide mechanical instruction on how to start the process, but also do two other things.  The first is that the quest should take place in a way where the lich doesn't steal from the player, so that if they can't handle it yet, they don't have to deal with that issue.  The second is that it would gate players off from liches until they can actually contribute to the fight.  Not MR locked.  Just skill/gear locked.  If you can't take on a leveled up lich solo (maybe not even a 5, just SOME levels.) then you're not ready.

This prevents newbies from getting locked into content they can't handle, prevents weak players from expecting to get hard carried into some of the strongest weapons in the game, and would be good for DE as well.  If players can't rush toward meta weapons without having to prove themselves first, they have to engage with the rest of the arsenal.  

it should have absolutly been a quest from the start. the cinematic is cool, but was not enough, Now it's sadly too late unless this post convince them to spare some manpower to craft that quest. it's why i'm saying a pop up. that can be done in minutes and can be shipped with the next update easy, but i wish for a proper quest, it's a wasted opportunity to just have that cinematic leading to nothing

7 hours ago, kerozen666 said:

that's the thing about prime grind, YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO and are ALWAYS the one that initate it while fully informed. plus a prime has les parts and so much more ways to aquire relics, for a grind that even if you don't get what you need, you are still making progress toward something else (ducats, other primes, formas). when you farm liches, you only get lich stuff, bare the bit of kuva you get and maybe a weapon exilus if you get lucky

all you're doing right now trying to pretend like it's nothing is show everyone that you have no sense of enpathy and would really be uncomfortable to hang with

Let's ignore the fact that most primes need 4 parts and to kill a Lich/Sister you only need 3 requiem mods the fact that you think I lack empathy because of this is laughable. What you have no other point so your going with personal attacks? Yes you don't know anything about a Lich until you get one, is that bad? No because you can ignore it, you can play without doing that content for many months on end like I have and have it never bother you.

You can get riven slivers from requiem mods that can be turned in for 2 rivens, 35k kuva and 150k credits. You can also get Amber Ayatan Stars. With kuva being the only way to re-roll rivens more is always better.

You can continue to think what you want about me can't stop you there but it's still laughable.