Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

gifting market items to someone in 1 home router

Hi, just back playing this game bringing my cousin
If I remember correctly, back in the days you can get temp banned / plat penalty if you gift someone without any reason. is this still the case?
I wanted to gift some slots to my cousin and invite him to the clan, but i'm afraid this could flag the "multiple account" thing

I really dont want to risk my old aah account from being banned just because of this, but im also broke to credit-card his new account for plat

Ask yourself. How easy is to determine that those accounts are two different people playing?

Do your logging times vary? Or do you always log either both at the same time or either one or the other?

What do you do in game? Same things or different? Do you do them different things at the same time?

To be safe you can always contact support preemtively and explain the situation.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

Ask yourself. How easy is to determine that those accounts are two different people playing?

Do your logging times vary? Or do you always log either both at the same time or either one or the other?

What do you do in game? Same things or different? Do you do them different things at the same time?

To be safe you can always contact support preemtively and explain the situation.

sometimes we play together, sometimes we dont (since he's still super early in game). he plays on nvidia now, so I guess it adds more confusion since it always logged on different machine, too.

it is safer to contact support first to ask, just figures out if there's other people having similar case

You just have to be not suspicious and shady. 

Like I can understand if people are apprehensive and potentially anxious about losing accounts etc, but many many Warframe players are people in families, relationships, with others who also play Warframe. Like brothers, parents, partners, best friends, room mates, spouses, so on. Most situations, like this, involving a games company, or any company, that benefits from having more people engaging with it, having the same IP isn't the main issue, the main issue is people trying to exploit systems by having multiple accounts. 

I use to be at a website, where if I needed to, I could get other people to check IP's of accounts, and its usually not hard to tell a shady situation, from a sincere situation, and different organisations will usually have different relevant tools to help out with that. 

If you are gifting Weapon Slots and Warframe Slots, and are as generally sincere and good faith as I assume you are. You should be totally fine, and you really shouldn't worry too much. You'll be good.

If you are actually just lying, and pretending to have a cousin, and plan on gifting Riven Slots to "them" so they can collect Rivens they can trade to you, because you think thats a way you can make extra Plat, (which to be clear, I don't actually think you are doing, I am just giving a demonstration and example), but then? Yeah your account interactions might trigger suspicion and then cause it to be reviewed. 

Basically a lot of people play under the same household issue free and never experience any issues. At worst, you might have to talk to Support, but as long as you are patience and decently good communicator (basically show respect and don't antagonise, assume too much, take your frustrations out on them etc), you'll also be fine. 

Good luck either way! Great to see being so generous to your cousin. Its a great time to get back into Warframe, hope you both enjoy it!! 

• Like 2

If you are at least occasionally both playing missions at the same time, it should be fine. One person can't effectively play 2 accounts at the same time in a mission, or even different missions. I suppose technically someone could jump back and forth moving one and then the other in chunks, but DE would probably be able to tell if they had reason to look at activity. If yall are playing normally and making in game progress as opposed to one account standing around idle a lot except to just trade (especially pricey things), then it'll be fine as others have noted for family members in the same household.