The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea and her 4th ability(once the timer is up)

Conlisis

8 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

And not everybody has access to Helminth and play vanilla frames just fine ; hence using 4 as intended.

thats true but even without helminth she just feels way smoother to play by completely ignoring her 4th ability, specially in mobile missions

9 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Now, tell me again how Protea's 4 isn't a death cheat.

i guess cause it can get you killed very easily, it still factually is a 'death cheat' ability of course but its not really that good at being so

• Like 2

il y a 2 minutes, TKDancer a dit :

thats true but even without helminth she just feels way smoother to play by completely ignoring her 4th ability, specially in mobile missions

But for players having ammunition/energy issue (lack of mods/tools), casting 4 before going full ham spammy shooty, it's actually really worth it.

il y a 3 minutes, TKDancer a dit :

i guess cause it can get you killed very easily, it still factually is a 'death cheat' ability of course but its not really that good at being so

That doesn't make it -not- a death cheat. And I really want to hear the response from mister 100% correct.

7 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

even without helminth she just feels way smoother to play by completely ignoring her 4th ability

This. Using your 4 makes you worse/slower/less effective than ignoring it.

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

[...]

And of course a Helminth ability is just way better in that slot - as you yourself are aware of, since you have removed her 4 and are as a result not knowledgeable about it at all.

Why exactly do you keep telling other people how great that one ability is that you removed, just like everybody else? It's not good. That's why everyone removes it.

Why do you spread missinformation about something you are not even qualified to speak about in the first place?

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 2

Just now, dwqrf said:

But for players having ammunition/energy issue (lack of mods/tools), casting 4 before going full ham spammy shooty, it's actually really worth it.

but you have infinite energy and ammo from her dispensary already, dont even need much strength or arcanes to make it good

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

That doesn't make it -not- a death cheat.

still a bad unreliable one imo

• Like 2

"Rubber sponges are super tasty guys, just trust me on this. I'ver never had one obviously, but they are basically just steaks. They even taste like steaks, and steaks are the best food as everyone knows.

You should really try eating a rubber sponge sometime! Their nutritional value is actually so high they fall into the category of super foods. Me? Nah, I'm good."

• Like 3

il y a 10 minutes, Traumtulpe a dit :

This. Using your 4 makes you worse/slower/less effective than ignoring it.

And of course a Helminth ability is just way better in that slot - as you yourself are aware of, since you have removed her 4 and are as a result not knowledgeable about it at all.

Why exactly do you keep telling other people how great that one ability is that you removed, just like everybody else? It's not good. That's why everyone removes it.

Why do you spread missinformation about something you are not even qualified to speak about in the first place?

So by everyone removing it, you mean only the people having access to helminth and not willing to have fun with the spell ?

How can I spread missinformation by accepting I made a mistake ?

Why do you think you are qualified to have an opinion in the first place ?

I've played a fair share of Protea before the Helminth system was introduced. It was a great spell.

il y a 11 minutes, TKDancer a dit :

but you have infinite energy and ammo from her dispensary already, dont even need much strength or arcanes to make it good

Yes, but you need time. In fact, you need a lot of time, a time you'd rather spend going ham in 4's state before recalling to a spot full of energy and munition, if you used 4 without being topped up. And again, I talked about players not having all the tools, and you talk about arcanes.

il y a 29 minutes, TKDancer a dit :

still a bad unreliable one imo

But it doesn't change the fact that it's a death cheat. With added utility, scaling damage, and displacement on top of it. And a lot of programming behind it to keep track of everything. And it's a lot of fun. It's not because it's unreliable as you say, that's it's not a death cheat.

Le 26/08/2024 à 20:30, Conlisis a dit :

with [...] high duration mods the rewind can get pretty long and very spastic.

I don't think a rework is needed just let it be instantaneous.

-Rewind speed varies depending on the number of afterimages produced by Protea. If Protea has not moved far from her anchor, rewind speed is nearly instantaneous.

1. So literally nobody uses Temporal Anchor as their survival tool. Not a single person.
  2. You don't use Temporal Anchor at all.
  3. You continue to state, wrongly, that Temporal Anchor is an excellent survival tool.

What is your endgame here?

• Like 2

à l’instant, Traumtulpe a dit :
  1. So literally nobody uses Temporal Anchor as their survival tool. Not a single person.
  2. You don't use Temporal Anchor at all.
  3. You continue to state, wrongly, that Temporal Anchor is an excellent survival tool.

I did play Temporal Anchor as a survival tool for months. You didn't ? How are you qualified to talk about it ?

Il y a 20 heures, dwqrf a dit :

But temporal anchor is a death cheat.

Il y a 17 heures, Traumtulpe a dit :

No it's not.

Spreading missinformation much ?

I mean considering that you stated a couple of wrong things about it, and that playing with Temporal Anchor makes it instantly obvious how impractical the ability is, would lead me to believe that you are simply making things up.

• Like 2

il y a 2 minutes, Traumtulpe a dit :

Can you back that up somehow? Like, show a clip of you clearing a mission while using Temporal Anchor as a survival tool?

I can't wait for infested liches coming soon so that players like you would die like idiots in poison cloud and cry on the forum because it bypass your super awesome satellites on your helminthed Warframe. It's gonna be so much fun, I'm gonna prepare the pop corn already.

7 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Can you back that up somehow? Like, show a clip of you clearing a mission while using Temporal Anchor as a survival tool?

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

I can't wait for infested liches coming soon so that players like you would die like idiots in poison cloud and cry on the forum because it bypass your super awesome satellites on your helminthed Warframe. It's gonna be so much fun, I'm gonna prepare the pop corn already.

So that is a no then? That's what I thought.

• Like 2

Well I'm glad we cleared that up then. You are *not* going to back your words up at all. Like at all.

Then we have the facts that you were acting as if you were knowlegeable about the ability earlier (and were giving advice that doesn't actually work at all), and that Temporal Anchor is the ability to remove from Protea for a Helminth one, as universally agreed upon by players (even yourself!), and we can safely assume that you were just sharing some fantasy or dream you saw with us. Or maybe you just wanted to be contrarian, or whatever psychological urge compelled you to misrepresent fiction as fact.

• Like 2

il y a 3 minutes, Traumtulpe a dit :

Well I'm glad we cleared that up then. You are *not* going to back your words up at all. Like at all.

Then we have the facts that you were acting as if you were knowlegeable about the ability earlier (and were giving advice that doesn't actually work at all), and that Temporal Anchor is the ability to remove from Protea for a Helminth one, as universally agreed upon by players (even yourself!), and we can safely assume that you were just sharing some fantasy or dream you saw with us. Or maybe you just wanted to be contrarian, or whatever psychological urge compelled you to misrepresent fiction as fact.

Or maybe I played Protea for month at her release, before the Helminth system was introduced, and her 4 was fantastic spell, a lot of fun, and a great experience, which I can suppose you can't understand, considering you hatred for anyone thinking differently than you. You still can't tell me why Temporal Anchor isn't a death cheat, but I guess when you say people spread missinformation, you are just projecting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dwqrf said:

ignore knowdown with PSF, full energy refund, repeat

23 hours ago, dwqrf said:

You can change tap/hold button

4 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I guess when you say people spread missinformation, you are just projecting

Wow, you already forgot how you were spreading misinformation just earlier in this thread? Of course not, you're just pretending you didn't.

Let me teach you something. When you are wrong, and someone corrects you, you are supposed to be thankful, not in denial.

• Like 2

il y a 6 minutes, Traumtulpe a dit :

Wow, you already forgot how you were spreading misinformation just earlier in this thread? Of course not, you're just pretending you didn't.

Let me teach you something. When you are wrong, and someone corrects you, you are supposed to be thankful, not in denial.

Il y a 1 heure, dwqrf a dit :

Yes I was mistaken. I definitely though PSF would work in that case and that tap/hold would also work. Because it make sense it would work. If it doesn't, fair enough, I made a mistake. It happens, I'm just human.

Now tell me again how Temporal Anchor isn't a death cheat.

il y a 1 minute, Traumtulpe a dit :

You can tell that to yourself by playing a mission while relying on it as a survival tool. It'll be very obvious.

So you keep spreading missinformation and refuse to admit to be wrong and to thank me for pointing it out ?

Amazing.

'Don't do unto others what you don't want done unto you.

à l’instant, Traumtulpe a dit :

Quite honestly, I think your behaviour here is beyond pathetic. Go have fun on your own, I'm out.

Same, bro. Same.

You still didn't say how Temporal Anchor isn't a death cheat though. So I guess you are still going to spread missinformations and refuse to ever be corrected (and be thankful for it). Shame.