The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rebuilding Relays

xRunemasterx

It has been 7 years since Vesper Relay was destroyed. The Famorian Disruption and Razorback Armada events are really cool. Some players have been saying to let other relays get destroyed, but if they all get destroyed that would end up being an issue as baro would have nowhere to go and players would be unable to access things that require a relay. I was thinking it would be pretty cool to have some kind of archwing or railjack community event about rebuilding destroyed relays, maybe either gathering resources for the relay's reconstruction or keeping enemy factions from getting their hands on said resources until they can be relocated or something.

Edited by xRunemasterx
typo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, xRunemasterx said:

I was thinking it would be pretty cool to have some kind of archwing or railjack community event about rebuilding destroyed relays, maybe either gathering resources for the relay's reconstruction or keeping enemy factions from getting their hands on said resources until they can be relocated or something.

Funny you ask. We've been there, done that. (I even have the Pyrus Essence from what back when!)
In fact, minus the Archwing/Railjack? That's precisely what the Pyrus Project was!
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Pyrus_Project

That being said, I wouldn't a SIMILAR-STYLED (not the exact same one DE) Operation so we can finally rebuild the rest of the relays.
Hell, it'd give us something to do in the meanwhile between updates.
... and unlike the usual "operations", actually require the players to contribute over a long period of time.

None of that "Oh, the timer is almost out-- but you're gonna win anyway" schtick.
Make it earned, we wanna feel proud about our efforts, damn it!

But for the TLDR on what the Pyrus Project was?
Basically, you had two resources to find. "Pyrus Essence" which dropped specially made enemies that run away.
... and "Trembera Essence" which dropped just about everywhere and needed to be refined.

After that, do a quick scan for Simaris and kill the Grustrag Three that would spawn.
All said and done, you do a quick against Sargus Ruk and that's progress!

It was super simple, but it did have a great sense of unity since we rebuilding a MAJOR component of the game.

Bringing that back could be neat!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

Funny you ask. We've been there, done that. (I even have the Pyrus Essence from what back when!)
In fact, minus the Archwing/Railjack? That's precisely what the Pyrus Project was!
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Pyrus_Project

That being said, I wouldn't a SIMILAR-STYLED (not the exact same one DE) Operation so we can finally rebuild the rest of the relays.
Hell, it'd give us something to do in the meanwhile between updates.
... and unlike the usual "operations", actually require the players to contribute over a long period of time.

None of that "Oh, the timer is almost out-- but you're gonna win anyway" schtick.
Make it earned, we wanna feel proud about our efforts, damn it!

But for the TLDR on what the Pyrus Project was?
Basically, you had two resources to find. "Pyrus Essence" which dropped specially made enemies that run away.
... and "Trembera Essence" which dropped just about everywhere and needed to be refined.

After that, do a quick scan for Simaris and kill the Grustrag Three that would spawn.
All said and done, you do a quick against Sargus Ruk and that's progress!

It was super simple, but it did have a great sense of unity since we rebuilding a MAJOR component of the game.

Bringing that back could be neat!

Yeah I remember that, but wasn't it just for strata relay? Having something similar to that would be nice but it would only show up when a relay is destroyed, or maybe be unique for each relay.

47 minutes ago, xRunemasterx said:

Yeah I remember that, but wasn't it just for strata relay?

Yes, but the idea is effectively the same.
Just... change the name of the relay and nothing else really needs to change exactly.

That being said, I really do feel like if we ARE going to rebuild relays? They should be a "big side-project".
Something that's designed to be completed if either...

1. Players all communally work together to rush it.
    • Unlikely, but impressive and CAN be good for PR and morale.
  2. Built over many days of passive work, likely most of them being when updates are slow.
    • Likely, less impressive outright but gives the playerbase something to be proud of.

Ideally, if I were making this an event? I'd make it clear that this is something that won't be completed in a shorter timeframe.
That and will only progress if the players actively work on it.
Hell, maybe even a universal bonus if we do finish it. As a celebration.

Just repeating the Pyrus Project alone could work still, but it lacks the exact flair people are looking for these days... y'know?

48 minutes ago, (XBOX)Bloxanity2816 said:

They should put it in with the Fomorian and Razorback event. A relay exists, then it gets destroyed by either of the two, then we rebuild, and the cycle continues.

I'd rather not in my opinion. ... well, specifically for Fomorian or Razorback anyway.
The threat to genuinely blow up a relay should be reserved for a much bigger more calculated threat.
Can always make it so those two seek to pressure relays, but know they can't get too close now.

That or they rework the Fomorians and Razorbacks to be a bigger, more notable threat.
As they are now? They're kinda... just... there.

Fomorians really don't take much to fight, you waltz in and do a bunch of damage. Not much else to it.
Razorbacks are kinda iffy because of how power-scaling is in this game.
Warframes can't do damage to it, but Bursas can. Sounds weird, right?

Besides, as they stand now? Relays don't really have a benefit of sticking around. We only truly need one for any given occasion.
If you make it so they can break Relays? There has to be some kind of benefit to keeping them all alive.
There's also the question of how do we keep rebuilding the homes of people living there? Yes, Relays are- for the most part- civilian housing districts by the by.

• Like 1

Big problems is DESIGN,

All new relays that was rebuild had a new design which differ from the old ones,

So to have a new relays, we need a new Architect to make a new design,

Do we have actually any kind of theme or design ? NO

Even before speaking about implementing this design we need to have one,

So better do a Rebuilding Relays with New Design post,

• Like 1

So funny enough me and some friends were actually talking about something like this and it led us to an Invasion event rework of sorts just between us!

Essentially it was turning Invasions into a 3 month event yearly where 5-7 relays are available in the star chart but everything from an infested comet to the razorback to even a sentient invasion. 

We had the idea that each enemy would be a 3 phase invasion where your contribution in the first phase dictated how the second phase happened. Each phase lasting 1 month.

First phase would be a in-space interception where Railjacks and archwings could damage and the enemy before it reaches whichever relay. How well we as a community did on this would dictate the second phase and how easy or hard it would turn into. 

Second phase would consist of either time limit based endless Extermination or a Defense mission on relay inspired maps/tile sets. The impact from the first phase would be felt here as you could’ve done well and have all level 15-20 enemies or if first phase went bad level 60+ enemies would attack.

Third phase would be the standard enemy boss battle that are what we thought would be synonymous with Invasions as an event.

After each invasion if the enemy was defeated at the relay X number of times the relay would be intact and still available while if the enemy was not defeated that amount the relay would be destroyed. The 9 months after the even would see the relay “being rebuilt” until the next Event.

Rewards were the only thing we weren’t too sure on but we all agreed participants should receive an sigil and/or glyph showing they were there for this event this year.

TL;DR bring relays back and let us play to save them, atleast me and my friend group thought it was cool lol

*Sorry for the long post DE, didn’t know if this went here but this topic of bringing relays back is definitely one to consider!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-09-10 at 11:21 AM, (XBOX)Juliet3cho said:

So funny enough me and some friends were actually talking about something like this and it led us to an Invasion event rework of sorts just between us!

Essentially it was turning Invasions into a 3 month event yearly where 5-7 relays are available in the star chart but everything from an infested comet to the razorback to even a sentient invasion. 

We had the idea that each enemy would be a 3 phase invasion where your contribution in the first phase dictated how the second phase happened. Each phase lasting 1 month.

First phase would be a in-space interception where Railjacks and archwings could damage and the enemy before it reaches whichever relay. How well we as a community did on this would dictate the second phase and how easy or hard it would turn into. 

Second phase would consist of either time limit based endless Extermination or a Defense mission on relay inspired maps/tile sets. The impact from the first phase would be felt here as you could’ve done well and have all level 15-20 enemies or if first phase went bad level 60+ enemies would attack.

Third phase would be the standard enemy boss battle that are what we thought would be synonymous with Invasions as an event.

After each invasion if the enemy was defeated at the relay X number of times the relay would be intact and still available while if the enemy was not defeated that amount the relay would be destroyed. The 9 months after the even would see the relay “being rebuilt” until the next Event.

Rewards were the only thing we weren’t too sure on but we all agreed participants should receive an sigil and/or glyph showing they were there for this event this year.

TL;DR bring relays back and let us play to save them, atleast me and my friend group thought it was cool lol

*Sorry for the long post DE, didn’t know if this went here but this topic of bringing relays back is definitely one to consider!

This is a decent idea, it being an archwing event defiantly would be nice. My thought would be having phase one be players working to clear the air space of debris while under fire by Corpus or Grineer trying to salvage the wreckage of the destroyed relay. Then phase two as either an archwing interception mission to secure a location to gather resources for rebuilding the relay or an archwing mobile defense to protect the transport of said materials. The third phase could be an archwing defense to protect the engineers working to rebuild. Honestly a lot of good options for how it could work. 

On 2024-09-08 at 9:48 AM, NeoCortex_Prime said:

god i miss Vesper Relay :(

Me too buddy, me too.

On 2024-09-05 at 1:33 PM, RLanzinger said:

Big problems is DESIGN,

All new relays that was rebuild had a new design which differ from the old ones,

So to have a new relays, we need a new Architect to make a new design,

Do we have actually any kind of theme or design ? NO

Even before speaking about implementing this design we need to have one,

So better do a Rebuilding Relays with New Design post,

That's not a bad idea, I'll get on that.