The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to get cat ears added to warframe!

Jeter1230

40 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

but unless you can prove me that cats ears are anything traditionnal, I don't think it has anything to do in Warframe artstyle.

You know Nekomata yokai (cat people, essentially) have existed in Japanese folk tales since around 600AD right?

Also didn't we moved past the "Anime is Cringe!" phase of the internet like 15 odd years ago, you sound like someone from 4chan from that time, not gonna lie.

Edited by Dr_Mechano
  • Like 2

il y a 13 minutes, Dr_Mechano a dit :

You know Nekomata yokai (cat people, essentially) have existed in Japanese folk tales since around 600AD right?

Also didn't we moved past the "Anime is Cringe!" phase of the internet like 15 odd years ago, you sound like someone from 4chan from that time, not gonna lie.

Nekomata Yokai are cat people, not people with cats ears.

I didn't say anime is cringe, I said cat ears and maid outfit are. Don't twist my words, kiddo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Nekomata Yokai are cat people, not people with cats ears.

I didn't say anime is cringe, I said cat ears and maid outfit are. Don't twist my words, kiddo.

Nekomata could appear as humans with cat ears.

Also catgirls have been in anime since...well I would have been 9 at the time with the release of Dominion Tank police being the first one I can remember with catgirls and that came out in 1993...

So yeah, don't call me Kiddo, Kiddo.

• Like 2

il y a 5 minutes, Dr_Mechano a dit :

Nekomata could appear as humans with cat ears.

Also catgirls have been in anime since...well I would have been 9 at the time with the release of Dominion Tank police being the first one I can remember with catgirls and that came out in 1993...

So yeah, don't call me Kiddo, Kiddo.

1993, so much for traditionnal values indeed.

You started with age shaming, assume it Old Fart.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

1993, so much for traditionnal values indeed.

You started with age shaming, assume it Old Fart.

you know 1993 was over 30 years ago and that's the oldest one I can remember, I mean if I could actually be bothered (part of me is, part of me isn't), I could probably go do the bookwork to see just how far the tradition of Catgirls in Japanese entertainment/folklore go back (apparently as far back at the 18th century by a rough look, which is almost as long as America has been its own country and certainly as long as there has been a unified America after the civil war).

I honestly have no leg in this race, I don't use cosmetics beyond the Wisp Goath helm because beyond changing colors I rarely bother, just found you coming across as rather condescending and trite in your responses over what was probably meant as a joke request at worst and a harmless request which the devs will or will not act on at best.

I mean I want the Tigris to be good (again) but even if I wrote a thousand suggestions, I doubt it would be acted on.

• Like 2

il y a 17 minutes, Dr_Mechano a dit :

you know 1993 was over 30 years ago and that's the oldest one I can remember, I mean if I could actually be bothered (part of me is, part of me isn't), I could probably go do the bookwork to see just how far the tradition of Catgirls in Japanese entertainment/folklore go back (apparently as far back at the 18th century by a rough look, which is almost as long as America has been its own country and certainly as long as there has been a unified America after the civil war).

I honestly have no leg in this race, I don't use cosmetics beyond the Wisp Goath helm because beyond changing colors I rarely bother, just found you coming across as rather condescending and trite in your responses over what was probably meant as a joke request at worst and a harmless request which the devs will or will not act on at best.

I mean I want the Tigris to be good (again) but even if I wrote a thousand suggestions, I doubt it would be acted on.

But it's not a joke, nor harmless. It's dead serious, and can have great consequences on the game's identity.

And you know, I really wouldn't care if Koumei was like a japanese folklore cat-person Warframe, having cat ears as a lolly alternative helmet. I couldn't care less, that'd be both relevant in tradition and modern cultures ; but adding cat ears or maid outfit as a universal cosmetics ? Hell na.

I have my opinion. OP came at me many times "not understanding" why people like myself would disagree with this superb idea. So yeah, I have to hold my stance, in any fierce way necessary.

Edited by dwqrf
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

But it's not a joke, nor harmless. It's dead serious, and can have great consequences on the game's identity.

Will it though? Like, honestly? I mean we've already got cat ears for the Operator via a Baro accessory. Like I could understand if, all of a sudden we got a torrent of anime stylings but it would just be cat ears. Like I get it, you worried that this would be the start of a slippery slope but...I kind of have more faith in the Devs than that and even you have to admit you do come across both needlesly hostiles and aggressive, like you're not exactly winning a battle of hearts and minds here my dude, if anything you're making them look better by being so obtuse about it, in fact some people may agree with it out of spite.

Like, it's just cat ears my dude, as the French say, "Le chill out".

• Like 3

I'm not interested in cat ears, but it wouldn't bother me if they got added.

We had people arguing over permanent bunny ears. People got over permanent bunny ears after they were added, because a cosmetic addition just doesn't matter.

You will live. Warframe will live. You do not have to argue against every single little suggestion.

• Like 4

il y a 4 minutes, Dr_Mechano a dit :

Will it though? Like, honestly? I mean we've already got cat ears for the Operator via a Baro accessory. Like I could understand if, all of a sudden we got a torrent of anime stylings but it would just be cat ears. Like I get it, you worried that this would be the start of a slippery slope but...I kind of have more faith in the Devs than that and even you have to admit you do come across both needlesly hostiles and aggressive, like you're not exactly winning a battle of hearts and minds here my dude, if anything you're making them look better by being so obtuse about it, in fact some people may agree with it out of spite.

Like, it's just cat ears my dude, as the French say, "Le chill out".

Cat ears for children operators is okayish. It's for kids. Cat ears for War-Frames is not. I've seen Master Chief, Leon, Gordon Freeman, and Doom Guy with cat ears. It isn't pretty, at all.

And French wouldn't say "Le chill out" about this conversation ; they would say "Calme ta joie, détend toi du cul, et ne pousse pas mémé dans les orties".

• Like 2

Il y a 4 heures, BansheeAndZephyrMarried a dit :

This just sounds like you're a coward with bad taste tbh

Sadly, I did an art school, and that's called good taste.

Warframe has a good really art style with integrity, it doesn't need to blend into pop culture. It's not fortnite, its not TFD.

Il y a 5 heures, Jeter1230 a dit :

“Stop having fun!!!”

Maybe you are playing the wrong game.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Warframe has a good really art style with integrity, it doesn't need to blend into pop culture. It's not fortnite, its not TFD.

0/10 rage bait

• Like 2

il y a 7 minutes, PrimeLabsInc a dit :

Bunny ears are rooted in Easter holiday tradition. Cat ears, I'm afraid, are not. The bunny ears aren't in the game because we want equippable animal parts. They're in the game because of the easter holiday novelty. Cat ears serve an entirely different kind d of purpose and reason.

Don't you dare use logic and taste in this topic. You are actively stopping people from having fun ! Those people need cat ears in adult content to justify their identity. Waifus pillows were just the start.

With the decline of social interactions thanks to technology, the youth has to find emotional and joyful confort where they can, submitting even WARframes into kawaii pets, if possible.

• Like 3

Trying to please everyone, ends up pleasing no one.

This is a prime example. The silly bunny ears already deluded the art style of Warframe. Now the same crowd isn't pleased and asks for more. Not kink-shaming, but this particular fetish is better served elsewhere.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Dr_Mechano said:

You know we already have bunny ears in this game right, like Perma ones...and Holographic maid outfit ephemera you can get from the sisters? Also this game is anime as HELL. Voruna is pretty much the Berserk armor from the manga Berserk but with boobs and additional wolf heads.

Also Valkyr already has an option for cat ears with the Bastet helmet. Also the Goath helm for Wisp gives her cat ears and it's probably THE most popular helm for Wisp.

Ok so read all my comments then before you try to engage in discussion, this was adressed by me days ago. 

Also there is so much anime you can draw parallels with literally everything, you forgot how lavos's alchemy could be directly taken from Fullmetal alchemist, can the sister ephemera also link to this because of the circle on the back and the glowy things around the hands? Every league of legends character can be seen as taken from an anime, even CoD and battlefield can be anime as hell, there is enough military ones for that, Oh there is even anime's about greek mythology, so the ancient Greeks were anime fans?

I don't know what berserk is so i looked up "berserk manga armore"

Was giving Guts the Beserker armor essential for the plot? : r/Berserk

I mean i do not see Any paralell with Voruna here whatsoever, but you do you, also the wolf heads are basically the only armor she has on, this legit is the most generic fantasy armor ever i bet they even took inspiration from a J.R.R. Tolkien description of Morgoth, who was described as black armoured, towering and Iron crowned.

Every creative work can be compared to other creative work, but that berserk armor is a stretch. Also creators get inspired by other creators so yes there will always be parelells, but is the berserk anime now essentially silmarillion? no definitely not.

Bro Valkyr's inspiration is a cat, thus the helmet fits her theme (already adressed, read other comments pls). Cat ears as a cosmetic do not fit any warframe theme.

So there is way to much anime for there not to be parelells, oh i forgot, is warframe naruto? cause ninja's in space remember? no definitely not, there is a big difference between inspiration/reference work and straight up adopting of content. anime is not a theme warframe has, so pls for the love of god let the art style be where it is and let the devs fit in what they think fits in, without petitioning or anime themed stuff. There is Genshin Impact for that (also owned by tencent).

Honestly your whole argument can be taken apart by 2 words, Confirmation Bias.

Edited by 3xt1inct
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Jeter1230 said:

Pretty good explanation over here

Zarina ephemera is a holographic skirt with a holographic Aureola, for it to be "a maid outfit" it would need a top part no? or are all the maid cafe's in Japan topless bars in disguise? Pretty insensitive if you ask me. Also look at that berserk armor, its the most generic for of fully encasing armor ever, I bet someone could rock up with that on a fetish weekend in Berlin and fit the theme. is BDSM anime? sure is by your logic, so is Grape (yes the crime) too since it is a recurring theme in some anime undoubtedly, so whole world is anime? no definitely is not, learn where to draw the line.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dwqrf said:

I Believe we use the Word "Kitsch" for art that is made with bad taste in mind and that is not a compliment, definitely applies to cat ears on the characters you named fit that description.

15 hours ago, dwqrf said:

But most people don't do that.

How am I insulting people and making any assumptions with only my opinion ?

Yeah anime fans trigger easily when you think the propositions they make from their fantasy world don't fit the theme of the game/movie/piece of art they try to spoil. They reacted this to one of my comments too

• Like 2

Man the anger over a cosmetic that you wouldn't even see 99% of the time with how fast everything moves is just so funny. If anyone was actually going to listen to you guys, you kind of ruined that chance by acting like literal children. Are we really going to argue semantics over what is and isn't "too anime"? Seriously?

A cosmetic you don't have to actually use, and very few people will actually nab and wear, considering we just got bunny ears and fox tails hardly anyone wears. Most people prefer the general Warframe aesthetic, which is why you see everyone wearing the same old Prime colors. Despite what you like to claim with no real evidence besides "I dislike it", no, this will not ruin the games aesthetic and identity. You are overreacting, this is not an actual significant change.

Ohh no! They added *anime* into my *space ninja game* when we've had stuff like Yareli and Octavia's Hatsune Miku helmet for years. When Reb, the current creative director of the game, is a well established fan of the genre with references in her cosplays. In a game where there's a ton of Asian historical references like katanas, dojo's and so on.

Animated GIF

This is such an exhausting and petty argument over such a trivial thing. Anime, cat ears, all that jazz is pretty popular. You think DE isn't even going to consider it when we have very recent proof it's still profitable with TFD?

You guys need some serious perspective and a chill pill.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Man the anger over a cosmetic that you wouldn't even see 99% of the time with how fast everything moves is just so funny. If anyone was actually going to listen to you guys, you kind of ruined that chance by acting like literal children. 

A cosmetic you don't have to actually use, and very few people will actually nab and wear, considering we just got bunny ears and fox tails hardly anyone wears. Most people prefer the general Warframe aesthetic, which is why you see everyone wearing the same old Prime colors. Despite what you like to claim with no real evidence besides "I dislike it", no, this will not ruin the games aesthetic and identity. You are overreacting, this is not an actual significant change.

Ohh no! They added *anime* into my *space ninja game* when we've had stuff like Yareli and Octavia's Hatsune Miku helmet for years. When Reb, the current creative director of the game, is a well established fan of the genre with references in her cosplays. In a game where there's a ton of Asian historical references like katanas, dojo's and so on.

Animated GIF

This is such an exhausting and petty argument over such a trivial thing. Anime, cat ears, all that jazz is pretty popular. You think DE isn't even going to consider it when we have very recent proof it's still profitable with TFD?

You guys need some serious perspective and a chill pill.

my First argument is that it there is not theme to fit it to, i already mentioned reference work and inspiration are fine, cat ears do come with politcal association. and honestly the bunny ears do fit a holiday theme, but look terrible on anything.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 3xt1inct said:

my First argument is that it there is not theme to fit it to, i already mentioned reference work and inspiration are fine, cat ears do come with politcal association. and honestly the bunny ears do fit a holiday theme, but look terrible on anything.

The theme is Asian. This is so obvious it hurts.

It's an Asian theme. Cat ears relate to mythology, anime and quite a bit of other media in between.

This game is heavily Asian inspired. So Asian culture bleeds into it, as it already has been for the past ten or so years.

Is this supposed to be an actual argument? The ears are "political"? In what way exactly? The only political meaning I'm seeing is relating to America all the way back in 2017.

You're really grasping at straws if those overly benign things are your best reasons for not including something.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 4