The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the best Archgun for Orphix?

Zahnrad

Question

Been ages since I last did an Orphix mission, with two Nightwaves relating to Archguns (well technically one of them is Necramech but you can knock both out of the park at the same time) I wanted to do an Orphix mission again in the Pluto Proxima. Quickly found out my Archgun wasn't as up to the task as I thought it was.

I'm assuming I want an Archgun that deals more Direct Damage and Crit Chance/Dmg as Status means nothing.

9 answers to this question

To @Zahnrad : "I wanted to do an Orphix mission again in the Pluto Proxima. "

If you want to do it SOLO : It's Fluctus (infinite punch through) to target the Resonators.

If you want to do it in team : It's often Bonewidow Blade that is better than any archgun. Mausolon is good for damage and it's Alt for CC.

Voidrig is usefull to CC and low levels Orphix but in pluto/veil, he is useless for Solo runs.

To sum UP

• SOLO or Team lead : Bonewidow + Fluctus
  • SOLO (low level) or Team Support : Voidrig + Mausolon
Edited by RLanzinger
Add-on : forgot a thing :p
  • Like 1

Fluctus is extremely popular and possibly still a meta choice, as its ability to hit the... I forget what the in game term is, but the red objective markers that spawn around the tileset before you can damage the actual Orphix. Those. With the Fluctus you can hit them fast and through geometry. I personally really liked the Cortege though. That being said, I would use Bonewidow or Voidrigs Arquebex or Ironbride against the Orphix itself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

This reminds me to maybe try orphix again. I've yet to complete them because I fail everytime and have given up.

Its one of those things thats way better done with an actual team, especially if its your first time. If you can. 

It is doable solo, but if I hadn't grinded out the mission from back when it was a Clan Event, and Operation, I wouldn't have an idea of where the Orphix would appear, what rooms, and other little tricks, which may not even be meta/applicable anymore (Hildryn use to be a popular choice back then, because weren't many ways to generate Energy for Necramechs). 

Archguns are a little stronger now via the Primed Multishot Mod, as well as the Rad Mod, so at least should be a bit easier since you last tried. Good luck either way! 

3 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Its one of those things thats way better done with an actual team, especially if its your first time. If you can. 

It is doable solo, but if I hadn't grinded out the mission from back when it was a Clan Event, and Operation, I wouldn't have an idea of where the Orphix would appear, what rooms, and other little tricks, which may not even be meta/applicable anymore (Hildryn use to be a popular choice back then, because weren't many ways to generate Energy for Necramechs). 

Archguns are a little stronger now via the Primed Multishot Mod, as well as the Rad Mod, so at least should be a bit easier since you last tried. Good luck either way! 

well I was able to destroy 2 orphix but then was about to destroy third when control got at 100% and I failed. 

I used fluctus and voidrig, both fully modded.

I was solo on Pluto.

edit: Ok I was able to complete it now. Somehow this time control didn't rise that fast. 

Edited by (PSN)IdoThea
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Nice work! 

Thanks.

Well Veil one seems to be impossible though. seems like voidrig's 4th isn't doing much damage into orphix and I can't kill one quick enough with Fluctus.

Might try to grind riven for it.