Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just remove the in-mission progression bar in Circuit if you cant figure out how to display it accurately.

tucker_d_dawg

It is not misleading. Most people just do not know how to read the UI. 

cgzv6A9.jpeg

We got Current Tier on the left (Tier0), Next Tier on the right (Tier1).

Current Circuit progress in points and needed progress in order to reach next Tier in numerical values in bottom left. Bar in fact is filled in about third as an accurate representation of this state, because 100 is about third of 285.

Numberr in the center is Number of current Stages of the mission. Point prizing goes as in wiki:

• Stage 1: 100 Circuit Progress
  • Stage 2: 110 Circuit Progress
  • Stage 3: 125 Circuit Progress
  • Stage 4: 145 Circuit Progress
    • Also awards an additional 50 Circuit Progress once per day.
  • Stage 5 and onwards: 170 Circuit Progress

Stage 1 was completed, awarded 100 points of progress and it is shown on the bar.

What exactly is innaccurate and misleading here?

Spoiler

I am aware that people commonly mislabel current Stage as current Tier reward.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

Since the progression bar doesn't account for the absurd per Tier point cost increase scaling, its stupidly inaccurate and misleading.

that seems kind of extreme don't you think

the bar doesn't know what tier you want to go to, it just has your current one and the next one

although a "X stages until Tier 5/10" bit would be nice

13 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

cgzv6A9.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

I am not referring to the progress bar when NOT in mission...I'm referring to the one you see at the completion of each round IN the mission.

10 minutes ago, Quest said:

the bar doesn't know what tier you want to go to, it just has your current one and the next one

although a "X stages until Tier 5/10" bit would be nic

It doesn't need to know where you want to go.  It needs to know where you started, how many "points" you have gained since you started the mission, and do simple math to determine how far you have progressed.

To keep the maths simple, lets just say the rounds scaled by 10 points per tier. So max t1=10, max t2=30, max t3=60, max tier 4=100 etc..
each round gets you 5 points (yes i know in reality they scale for the first few rounds -but we're keeping it smooth brained for the purpose of illustration), you start at t2 and complete 10 waves - how far did you get? 50 points, 10+50=60, you have maxed t3.  but that is NOT what the in came progress will show, it will shouw you reached t4. because it doesn't account for the additional costs of the tiers you will have reached.  BUT the game should KNOW this. the main screen that @zakkhar snapped clearly shows that.

EDIT TO ADD:
OR a concrete example - start at rank zero, do the until in mission it says you reached Tier 10..  exit the mission, you will not even have reached tier 5.

And of course the skew gets worse the higher the Tiers you start/progress to.

Edited by tucker_d_dawg

2 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:
14 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

cgzv6A9.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

Expand  

I am not referring to the progress bar when NOT in mission...I'm referring to the one you see at the completion of each round IN the mission.

Which is exactly this one. I took it from game of Circuit that was in progress affter Stage 1 got completed.

7 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

OR a concrete example - start at rank zero, do the until in mission it says you reached Tier 10..  exit the mission, you will not even have reached tier 5.

You reached Stage 10, not Tier 10.

Stage 10 awards you total of 1500 progres points. In order to reach Tier 10 you need 3640 progress points in normal and 5460 in SP.

Common mistake.

Edited by Zakkhar

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Which is exactly this one. I took it from game of Circuit that was in progress affter Stage 1 got completed.

take it again when you stay and it tells you in mission you reached Tier 10. then exit you will be mid Tier 4 because during the mission it is not accounting for the additional tier costs the wiki knows. (and the game does too, behind the scenes).  then go back  and stay till it says you reach tier 10 again, you will be  tier 6... etc.

Just now, Zakkhar said:

You reached Stage 10, not Tier 10.

Stage 10 awards you total of 1500 progres points. In order to reach Tier 10 you need 3640 progress points in normal and 5460 in SP.

Common mistake.

The UI should show progress in mission ranks - ie progress to next REWARD... the rest is just noise and not helpful to the player to indicate how long they need to stay.  Or should they be expected to have their 12c next to them when they play...

7 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:
12 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

take it again when you stay and it tells you in mission you reached Tier 10. then exit you will be mid Tier 4 because during the mission it is not accounting for the additional tier costs the wiki knows. (and the game does too, behind the scenes).  then go back  and stay till it says you reach tier 10 again, you will be  tier 6... etc.

It totally does:

HPt3VwA.jpeg

This is Tier 12 Progress bar. Current stage is 18, current points are 170/1400. Progress bar shows that in accurate way.

4 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

The UI should show progress in mission ranks - ie progress to next REWARD... the rest is just noise and not helpful to the player to indicate how long they need to stay.  Or should they be expected to have their 12c next to them when they play...

It does. You just look at the shiny big Stage number in the center of your screen, instead of the current Tier reward number on the left. 

if you cant calculate simple (1400/170)-1 as Stages needed to the Next tier, that is hardly an UI problem.

Edited by Zakkhar