The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

"Heavy Weapons" don't feel like heavy weapons when normal weapons deal way more damage.

On 2024-09-12 at 6:51 AM, dwqrf said:

Can't buff them without breaking the whole Archwing/Railjack/Necramech(Orphix & Orbs) exclusive balanced content.

I'd think that would be easy.

Ground weapons can tank a vastly reduced ammo economy. Give 'em the AoE ammo treatment in exchange for vastly stronger firepower. Maybe one or two mags worth of max ammo, but you can really feel that you are using a weapon built to take out an aircraft.

Mechs can really only be freely used in a few places, and can still get easily overwhelmed, so I'd argue it's fair to pump the numbers. The two notable modes with free use already have fairly tanky enemies.

Archwing can ONLY use arch guns, so just pump up their stats to bring it back, same with Orphix and Orbs.

Only thing I'd say is they either need to be weaker, yet comparable to Voidrig's gun, or buffs need to be from base stats, so you can just ignore the gun entirely. Would be a good excuse to touch up on arch melee, too.

• Like 1

my take on it is simply adding better mods to work with when it comes to archguns, maybe not going to arcane levels but at least have galvanized mods for archguns and as for archwing being easier, if they add better mods for archwings when it comes to survivability, that would give an excuse to pump up the levels for archwing missions to be similar to proper steel path and in the case of profit taker, either add a steel path version of it that gives double or triple the credits for people who really want a challenge or just don't care, you can already delete profit taker limbs and the main body already so adding more damage reduction to it isn't going to do much, no need to nerf ammo or do anything too fancy.

Edited by Duo_Strikes
  • Like 1