The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

A alternative way to deal with Lich and variants

Ichiban-Kasuga

It would be nice if you could dispach/remove a lich. even if this means lose the stolen resources, and pay some kuva (grineer) or credits (corpus) to a lich head hunter or some sort of npc (maybe stalker, after jade shadows he could work with us for a change).

i know that sisters of parvos is hard to get on accident, but liches is the easiest thing to get and is super hard to a new player to remove one, not for the weapon, many people doesn't even know that they drop a weapon, just want to stop listening it talk every log in.

with the new set of "infested liches" it would be important to have more ways to interact with them

no need for this, you can ask on recruit chat and 90% of the time someone will be willing to carry you through the whole lich process

alternatively you don't need much gear against liches, just a basic thing like revenant or rhino and if you can progress fast enough get the laetum and you already won the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quest said:

the way to remove the lich is to kill it lol.

now if you mean just deleting it in the menu in order to get a new one because you got the wrong weapon or something, that i would be cool with

yes you can kill it, but for a new player the first lich is almost aways acidental, i know it can be exploited to re-roll the weapon by veterans but veterans already do that re-rolling the mission if the weapon is not what they want because they know what they want, a new player don't, they just want to progress into the quests.

besides liches are end game activities and should not be that easy for a new player to engage, the amount of posts I have seen saying "my lich is years old" and when the player get the power (railjack, MR, equipments, requiem relics) to do one, they already have a lich (possibly lvl 5), with a weapon that they migth not even want.

Edited by Ichiban-Kasuga

il y a 1 minute, Ichiban-Kasuga a dit :

yes you can kill it, but for a new player the first lich is almost aways acidental, i know it can be exploited to re-roll the weapon by veterans but veterans already do that re-rolling the mission if the weapon is not what they want because they know what they want, a new player don't, they just want to progress into the quests.

besides liches are a end game activities and should not be that easy for a new player to engage, the amount of posts I have seen saying "my lich is years old" and when the player get the power (railjack, MR, equipments, requiem relics) to do one, they already have a lich (possibly lvl 5), with a weapon that they migth not even want.

I think the big evident issue is "the first lich is almost aways acidental".

Even if you have a little cinematic after the War Within, you don't have a clue about what's up with the red eyed grineer infused with Kuva.

As you know, once you have a Lich active (after you stabbed a red marked target which happened to be Larvling which you didn't know about) , you'll be able to read a one page tutorial explaining you how to get rid of your lich (explaining about Requiem mods, Requiem relics, Murmurs, and so on), that's on the Lich page next to the Nightwave.

Well, the whole Lich page with the tutorial, next to the nightwave, should always be present once you finished the War Within, and without an active Lich, should instead let you know where Larlvling can be found and what they transform into.

It would be a easy fix with just one more tutorial page when empty of active Lich, and the presence of the red button next to Nightwave.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ichiban-Kasuga said:

It would be nice if you could dispach/remove a lich. even if this means lose the stolen resources, and pay some kuva (grineer) or credits (corpus) to a lich head hunter or some sort of npc (maybe stalker, after jade shadows he could work with us for a change).

i know that sisters of parvos is hard to get on accident, but liches is the easiest thing to get and is super hard to a new player to remove one, not for the weapon, many people doesn't even know that they drop a weapon, just want to stop listening it talk every log in.

with the new set of "infested liches" it would be important to have more ways to interact with them

Fortunately players are able to run these missions public at least

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ichiban-Kasuga said:

yes you can kill it, but for a new player the first lich is almost aways acidental

its been drastically changed to be much harder to accidentally summon a lich, you have to go up to the larvling and hold the interact button for like 5 seconds straight to confirm you want one now, but i do agree people can still do it without knowing what it actually is

51 minutes ago, Ichiban-Kasuga said:

i know it can be exploited to re-roll the weapon by veterans but veterans already do that re-rolling the mission if the weapon is not what they want because they know what they want, a new player don't, they just want to progress into the quests.

the lich pity system is a feature not an exploit please dont call it that

51 minutes ago, Ichiban-Kasuga said:

besides liches are end game activities and should not be that easy for a new player to engage, the amount of posts I have seen saying "my lich is years old" and when the player get the power (railjack, MR, equipments, requiem relics) to do one, they already have a lich (possibly lvl 5), with a weapon that they migth not even want.

sure i can agree with that part

i don't know if liches were designed to be "endgame" but they definitely are just because of the ridiculous damage attenuation and amount of health they have

i would assume most people are not ready to fight a lich upon completing the war within (i definitely wasnt)

46 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I think the big evident issue is "the first lich is almost aways acidental".

Even if you have a little cinematic after the War Within, you don't have a clue about what's up with the red eyed grineer infused with Kuva.

As you know, once you have a Lich active (after you stabbed a red marked target which happened to be Larvling which you didn't know about) , you'll be able to read a one page tutorial explaining you how to get rid of your lich (explaining about Requiem mods, Requiem relics, Murmurs, and so on), that's on the Lich page next to the Nightwave.

Well, the whole Lich page with the tutorial, next to the nightwave, should always be present once you finished the War Within, and without an active Lich, should instead let you know where Larlvling can be found and what they transform into.

It would be a easy fix with just one more tutorial page when empty of active Lich, and the presence of the red button next to Nightwave.

this is a much better explanation of the actual problem

and again a lot of this would be easily solved with a button to just cancel the lich even if it means forfeiting the stolen items which i think is a fair trade

• Like 2