The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need a good rapid-fire secondary for my themed setup

PrimeLabsInc

Question

Hey guys!

As the title says, I need a specific kind of weapon for my setup. Let me tell you my setup.

I am using a Sigma Series themed setup. For this, I've selected Gauss with all Sigma Series cosmetics, figured out the color values of those cosmetics and applied them to Gauss. Looks good.

Obviously, for the setup I am using the Quellor and Pennant. Quellor with fire rate mods plus Gauss' 4 is the most fun I've had in a long time.

But that leaves the secondary slot open. There is only the Zundi Pistol Skin, but no actual weapon. That is why I am looking for one.

Any recommendations? 

10 answers to this question

For years, I played the Tenet Diplos as a huge fire rate secondary weapon, to kill bosses, destroying long range shios, clean room with a single click, or spray corridors.

Balanced damage makes it works against every faction and procc galvanized aptitude easily. Great for a Crit build, but has enough fire rate and status to stack em quite fast.

80 mod capacity makes it a breeze to build.

Comes with a innate element of your choice.

Reload itself when holstered.

Doesn't have much recoil, has projectile so doesn't lose damage with range, doesn't have too much of a spray.

Also has a gimmick to auto aim up to 8 marked targets at a time, with burst fire which, if aimed up, can make a lot of headshots and guarantee a better ammo economy.

Also has a freakin great sound and special animations.

Though I have not a single clue if that's compatible with the skin. Is it a single pistol skin or dual ?

Edited by dwqrf

After doing my research which I should have done before 🤷 ; it's a single pistol skin and doesn't apply to dual pistols, or beam pistols neither.

That's said, the only single handed fully-automatic pistol that can equip it is the Quatz. It's okayish, but it's not great nor top tier. All the other pistols are semi auto, but you can hold the trigger.

The wiki page of the Zundi skin give you the list of all compatible weapons.

Edit : ho, actually, you might consider the Pyrana Prime for that. It's an automatic one handed shotgun, quite deadly, that double itself after three kills in a quick succession.

Edited by dwqrf

il y a 1 minute, AntifreezeUnder0 a dit :

Knell prime and go death knell! if can hit head shots you got yourself rifle pretty much. 

True dat. I dismissed the "semi auto sniper pistol that transform into a light machine gun".

Laetum would also fit this category, wouldn't it ?

Oh guys, I don't see a very good choices

Themed Wise,

The only one I found after hours of tests and searchs is ATHODAI : "Athodai is a Tenno hand-cannon that shoots long-ranged laser beams, with an Alternate Fire function that discharges all ammo to burst-fire in a short-ranged cone."

1/ Themed : Athodai is part of the Railjack's weapons as it's exclusive to "Venus Proxima Point of Interest / B". ( IE "a pain to get-_-;;")

2/ Rapide-Fire : Full Magazine (24) in 2 sec with Alternate Fire : Range 13m, Punch Through 2.0 m. (Also paired well with Nautilus CC)

3/ I paired well with RJ's Captain "Hydroid", and it accept most Skins like Zundi without problems. Like for Quellor, a Pet with reload while Holstered is advised.

The full Railjack set : Quellor / Athodai / Pennant / Nautilus

Tennocon-Hydroid-Prime-via-Digital-Extre

Edited by RLanzinger
some pun-ctuation

11 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

Oh guys, I don't see a very good choices

Themed Wise,

The only one I found after hours of tests and searchs is ATHODAI : "Athodai is a Tenno hand-cannon that shoots long-ranged laser beams, with an Alternate Fire function that discharges all ammo to burst-fire in a short-ranged cone."

1/ Themed : Athodai is part of the Railjack's weapons as it's exclusive to "Venus Proxima Point of Interest / B". ( IE "a pain to get-_-;;")

2/ Rapide-Fire : Full Magazine (24) in 2 sec with Alternate Fire : Range 13m, Punch Through 2.0 m. (Also paired well with Nautilus CC)

3/ I paired well with RJ's Captain "Hydroid", and it accept most Skins like Zundi without problems. Like for Quellor, a Pet with reload while Holstered is advised.

The full Railjack set : Quellor / Athodai / Pennant / Nautilus

Tennocon-Hydroid-Prime-via-Digital-Extre

Ooo, that sounds good. Then Athodai will complete the set! Awesome. So yeah, seems to be a pain to get, but if it is available through the market, trading for platinum and buying it is probably easier. Thanks for this response! 

Edited by PrimeLabsInc

On 2024-09-21 at 1:04 PM, PrimeLabsInc said:

a good rapid-fire secondary 

Have you looked into Kitguns?

Not least, a max dakka setup there is quite nice without needing to worry about running out of Ammo, thanks to Pax Charge.

Besides Sporelacer, I ended up quite liking Rattleguts and Gaze, all of which can also use the Zundi skin if you so choose.

... though I do have to mention there being an issue with Kitguns using skins, those can (DE fix this already plskthx) somehow
affect other items' Energy effect colors, but I guess if you have everything matching up anyway, there's no problem here, heh.

23 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Have you looked into Kitguns?

Not least, a max dakka setup there is quite nice without needing to worry about running out of Ammo, thanks to Pax Charge.

Besides Sporelacer, I ended up quite liking Rattleguts and Gaze, all of which can also use the Zundi skin if you so choose.

... though I do have to mention there being an issue with Kitguns using skins, those can (DE fix this already plskthx) somehow
affect other items' Energy effect colors, but I guess if you have everything matching up anyway, there's no problem here, heh.

Ooo, that's cool. Orb Vallis and Solaris standing is my least favourite thing to do in the game, but good idea.