The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & the Five Fates - Caliban + Nova Rework

[DE]Sam

14 hours ago, Tenno_Aster said:

Well, I wasn't suggesting only one of each. I meant having 3 conculysts, 3 ortholysts, and the 1 Summulyst (plus it's 6 choralysts) all active at once.

Due to their mechanics and separate interactions with caliban this could crash most peoples games, cause huge lage for the Ai, the players or both as well as flood the screen with big Sentients all around you. 

I went to the Simi and spawned in all those Sentient and tried it out like you suggested. The Sentients Ai didnt have them float directly infront of my line of sight, not often. If they were they seem to move out the way. Most opting to patrol  if there were no enemies 

During combat it wasnt as conjestested as i thought though this is in the simi. It does seem very powerful though and to compensate in a reward way similar to all other minionmancer frames,  like nekros or Revenant for example, i could see a compromise of havinf them survive on their own timers per summon instead of disappearing when you summon a different squad.

Being able to flat out summon all 13 at the same time would be a bit much and sometime or some players may not even want all of them on screen at the time. 

But after trying it out myself i definitely see where you're coming from and if they accept this compromise id see it as a great QOL change that doesnt waste energy or duration builds. Im glad you brought this up, ill type out a QOL update before the update and submit it.

On 2024-09-27 at 10:57 PM, Traumtulpe said:

Great stuff, just one thing: Blast procs are completely dependant for their usefulness on the damage the proccing hit did

Now you now how the heat inherit demolyst hunters feel without the primer

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

Due to their mechanics and separate interactions with caliban this could crash most peoples games, cause huge lage for the Ai, the players or both as well as flood the screen with big Sentients all around you. 

I went to the Simi and spawned in all those Sentient and tried it out like you suggested. The Sentients Ai didnt have them float directly infront of my line of sight, not often. If they were they seem to move out the way. Most opting to patrol  if there were no enemies 

During combat it wasnt as conjestested as i thought though this is in the simi. It does seem very powerful though and to compensate in a reward way similar to all other minionmancer frames,  like nekros or Revenant for example, i could see a compromise of havinf them survive on their own timers per summon instead of disappearing when you summon a different squad.

Being able to flat out summon all 13 at the same time would be a bit much and sometime or some players may not even want all of them on screen at the time. 

But after trying it out myself i definitely see where you're coming from and if they accept this compromise id see it as a great QOL change that doesnt waste energy or duration builds. Im glad you brought this up, ill type out a QOL update before the update and submit it.

I play on switch and summoned 20 summulysts with AI on and had no issue even after I used Nyx 

On 2024-09-28 at 2:54 PM, Lohillus said:

As someone who plays caliban almost exclusively I will say outside of his 2 this rework is a straight downgrade which will give him neither lasting appeal to new players and also likely alienate previous players since they removed what people liked about him. Tau status as it sounds simply isn't worthwhile to make up for losing so much and spreading what he can already do across several choices instead of having access to them all at once. Maybe if tau also increases status DAMAGE it'll be good but status chance on a 10% chance per stack with non-refreshing durations is garbage, its basically nothing and only his one summon type seems able to apply it reliably and his OTHER summon type is the only part of his kit that can remotely make use of it.

The status effect allows for a refresh. It is designed to maintain all status effects on the target. With 100% status chance, you guarantee a proc—100% guarantees 1 proc, while 300% guarantees 3 procs on hit, and so on.

The 8-second individual timers per Tau proc mean that the Tau status effect decays over time instead of disappearing altogether like Blast, Magnetic, Heat, etc. So after 8 seconds from 100%, it will drop to 90% for another 8 seconds if left untouched. This stacks with your build’s status chance for guns, while the innate ones you get from your abilities are already 100% or higher, excluding his 4, which defense strips.

This is very powerful, and if you want status damage on top of it, use status damage mods or C/O mods. It's a true neutral damage type and applies 100% status chances globally to all status-based attacks. As it is, it’s very powerful and useful for both the team and even more so for Caliban.

Edited by (PSN)Grand_Sheba
Grammar and spell checks

il y a 3 minutes, (PSN)Grand_Sheba a dit :

The status effect does allow for a refresh. Its designed to have an up keep of all status effects on the target. With every 100% status chance you guarantee a proc. 100% guarantees  1 proc where 300% guarantees 3 procs on hit and ect.

The 8 second individual timers per tau proc means that the tau status effect decays over time instead of disappearing all together like blast/magnetic/ heat and ect. So after 8 seconds from 100% it will drop to 90% for another 8 seconds if left un touched. This stacks eith your builds status chance for guns while the innate ones younget on your abilities are already 100% or higher exclusing his 4 which defense strips. 

This is very powerful and if you want status damage ontop of it, use the status damage mods or C/O mods. Its a true neutral damage type and applys 100% status chances globally to all status based atttacks. As it is, its very very powerful and useful for both the team and even more so for Caliban.

None of this seems true. Every single Tau status will have its own timer, disapearing individually 8 seconds after being applied. ; like slash or electric.

Also, the +100% status chance vulnerability will only multiply your base status chance, not guarantee status : if you have a weapons with 10% status chances, you go up to 20%.

13 minutes ago, 4g3nt0 said:

Now you now how the heat inherit demolyst hunters feel without the primer

I play on switch and summoned 20 summulysts with AI on and had no issue even after I used Nyx 

Im happy for you, unfortunately for you this is a multi-player game. Everyone has different pings and consoles as well as Internet. Also this is a controlled simulation vs actual game play where more players are active. 

Lets pose a scenario of an Infested tileset with a swuad of Caliban’s all using their 3 with or with out your example with nyx in the simi. With 20 Summulyst or the 13 Sentients. 

Thats 52-80 targets on screen excluding warframes, pets, specters, enemy units, enemy unit spawns, bosses, defense targets and pick up items as well as abilities.

Lets be reasonable.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

The status effect allows for a refresh. It is designed to maintain all status effects on the target. With 100% status chance, you guarantee a proc—100% guarantees 1 proc, while 300% guarantees 3 procs on hit, and so on.

Where are you getting this information from, specifically the "it can refresh"? They specifically say each stack has its own timer.

Edited by Lohillus
I dum

52 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

None of this seems true. Every single Tau status will have its own timer, disapearing individually 8 seconds after being applied. ; like slash or electric.

Also, the +100% status chance vulnerability will only multiply your base status chance, not guarantee status : if you have a weapons with 10% status chances, you go up to 20%.

You dont seem to understand how powerful and useful this is. If your only focus is on additive then it may not seem that great for builds that dont invest into status.

But this is still useful and very power. For example: weeping wounds. At 12x giving 324% status chances gets 100% bonus giving you 648% status chances per hit. Thats over 6 procs per hit, so your 10k heat inherit is now 60k.

Tau Status increases status vulnerability, amplifying the status chance from all sources by 10% per stack, up to 100%. This means that if you have a weapon with a 50% status chance, it becomes 100% with 10 stacks of Tau, guaranteeing a proc. Each Tau stack has its own 8-second duration, and while it appears to have a decaying effect, it decays individually (one stack disappears after 8 seconds, then the next, and so on). You can refresh or add another stack to extend or rebuild Tau status by reapplying status effects. Each stack enhances the entire team’s status chance, making it extremely powerful in status-focused builds.

In addition, Tau Status affects itself, meaning that the status chance vulnerability also increases the chance to apply Tau status itself. This makes Tau status self-propagating, and abilities or weapons that proc Tau Status will benefit from this feedback loop, amplifying their own effectiveness with every stack.

Key Misunderstandings:

1. Tau Status Duration:

It’s true that each Tau proc has its own timer, but the decay is not one stack per second. Instead, each stack decays after its own 8-second timer, creating a decaying effect as each stack expires over time. However, you can refresh or add stacks, maintaining and rebuilding Tau status from wherever it left off.

2. Tau Status Scaling and Self-Amplification:

Tau status doesn’t directly increase status damage, but it enhances status application and amplifies its own status chance. For example, if your weapon has a base 50% status chance, Tau status vulnerability increases that to 100%, guaranteeing at least one proc per hit. In the case of Caliban’s Ortholysts (his 3rd ability), which inflict Tau Damage:

The Cannon has a 100% Status Chance, which guarantees Tau procs.

The Mortar has a 300% Status Chance, and this is further multiplied by Tau Status. With 10 stacks of Tau status vulnerability, that 300% status chance is multiplied by 2 (100% increase), resulting in 600% status chance, making it significantly more effective at spreading status.

The Mortar shoots up to 5 bombs per Mortar hutting enemies in an AOE. In a crane or fan drop position. 

Even Caliban’s Fusion Strike (his 4th ability), which has a base 20% status chance, benefits from Tau, as the multiplicative vulnerability effect increases its chance to apply status.

3. Tau Status Consistency:

The idea that Tau doesn’t help due to "non-refreshing durations" is incorrect. Tau stacks can be refreshed as long as status is reapplied. Since each stack decays individually after 8 seconds, this allows you to maintain consistent Tau Status over time, even in extended fights. In status-heavy builds, Tau is a significant multiplier.

In Conclusion:

Tau status, when used properly with high-status weapons or abilities, and mods like Condition Overload, multiplicatively amplifies damage potential for both Caliban and his team. It not only enhances status chance globally, but self-propagates and increases its own proc chance, making it a powerful tool for team synergy and status-heavy builds.

12 hours ago, IceBen said:

I've seen this multi-hitting gas sentiment a few times, but per testing ragdolling doesn't do anything for the status (including Caliban's 2). What exactly are you doing?

As per the wiki: 
jcMOAGG.png
;)

10 minutes ago, Lohillus said:

Where are you getting this information from, specifically the "it can refresh"? They specifically say each stack has its own timer.

I appreciate your inquiry. I've been playing the game since its release and have gathered information from various sources, including the wiki, dev notes, and my own testing. Based on my understanding, it doesn't explicitly state that the Tau status effect cannot be refreshed. That would contradict the long-standing mechanics of status effects in the game, which have always emphasized the ability to apply, reapply, and refresh status effects.

The entire kit is designed to enhance the application of status effects, as demonstrated by the 100% to 300% bonus with the Ortholysts. All status effects in the game can be refreshed by applying them repeatedly. You don't need to wait for the 8-second timer to build up your Tau status effect again; you can keep applying it to maintain or increase your stacks.

If anyone claims that Tau status cannot be refreshed, they are spreading misinformation. There’s no evidence in the game’s documentation to support that claim. The mechanics are built around the concept of sustaining and amplifying status effects through consistent application, which is vital for effective gameplay.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Tau_Damage

14 minutes ago, Daiphelion said:

As per the wiki: 
jcMOAGG.png
;)

This was clearly addressed and due to this being a lifted status via ability, it will not prematurely end it. 

The target will remain lifted until its duration has ended no matter how many times you hit them unless they have died. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

I appreciate your inquiry. I've been playing the game since its release and have gathered information from various sources, including the wiki, dev notes, and my own testing. Based on my understanding, it doesn't explicitly state that the Tau status effect cannot be refreshed. That would contradict the long-standing mechanics of status effects in the game, which have always emphasized the ability to apply, reapply, and refresh status effects.

The entire kit is designed to enhance the application of status effects, as demonstrated by the 100% to 300% bonus with the Ortholysts. All status effects in the game can be refreshed by applying them repeatedly. You don't need to wait for the 8-second timer to build up your Tau status effect again; you can keep applying it to maintain or increase your stacks.

If anyone claims that Tau status cannot be refreshed, they are spreading misinformation. There’s no evidence in the game’s documentation to support that claim. The mechanics are built around the concept of sustaining and amplifying status effects through consistent application, which is vital for effective gameplay.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Tau_Damage

No the problem isn't that you have to "wait to build it back up" the problem is after 8 seconds it's gone and 10-100% bonus status chance isn't very significant especially considering it sounds like only the ranged summons will be able to build it reliably.

11 hours ago, Void2258 said:

it occurred to me to hope koumei's gun fixes the issues with guns that get effects from kills like the entrati guns or the Occucor. Previous "on kills" effects and alt-fires have long had problems due to only activating if the final damage hit was directly from the weapon (no status procs and no credit if you did damage but anything other than the direct damage from the weapon deals the killing blow).

AFAIK, Ocucor, Sepulcrum, and Trumna all work fine with DoTs and damage contributions from other sources. (Not outright killsteals though, but that's to be expected.)  Not sure about Ocucor, but the the two Entrati weapons have been bugged in the past.  However unless it's happened again very recently, they're fine now and have been for quite a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are better examples that don't work, although I can't think of any immediately.  The closest I can come up with offhand involve headshot kills specifically, not general kills.

Just now, Lohillus said:

No the problem isn't that you have to "wait to build it back up" the problem is after 8 seconds it's gone and 10-100% bonus status chance isn't very significant especially considering it sounds like only the ranged summons will be able to build it reliably.

I've already explained this earlier, but to clarify: the Tau status effect does not disappear all at once after 8 seconds. Instead, each stack has its own timer of 8 seconds. This means that when a stack reaches the end of its duration, only that specific stack is removed, allowing you to maintain some stacks while potentially refreshing others.

Regarding the 10-100% bonus status chance, it's important to recognize its multiplicative nature. This bonus can significantly enhance your overall status application, especially when combined with weapons that have inherent status chances. For example, if you have a weapon with a base 50% status chance, applying the Tau status effect at max stacks can boost it to 100%, guaranteeing at least one proc per hit.

While it may seem like only the ranged summons can apply it reliably, the whole kit is designed to synergize and maximize status effects across various playstyles. The Ortholysts, with their high status chance, can indeed apply Tau status effectively, but you can also use other abilities strategically to contribute to this status application.

They allow you to have the status effect applied while you use your weapons or subsumed abilities to apply the status effects you want to the afflicted targets. Especially those with increased vulnerability and lifted status from your 2.

Overall, the mechanics of the Tau status effect create opportunities for consistent uptime and effective use in status-focused builds.

il y a 25 minutes, (PSN)Grand_Sheba a dit :

You dont seem to understand how powerful and useful this is. If your only focus is on additive then it may not seem that great for builds that dont invest into status.

But this is still useful and very power. For example: weeping wounds. At 12x giving 324% status chances gets 100% bonus giving you 648% status chances per hit. Thats over 6 procs per hit, so your 10k heat inherit is now 60k.

Tau Status increases status vulnerability, amplifying the status chance from all sources by 10% per stack, up to 100%. This means that if you have a weapon with a 50% status chance, it becomes 100% with 10 stacks of Tau, guaranteeing a proc. Each Tau stack has its own 8-second duration, and while it appears to have a decaying effect, it decays individually (one stack disappears after 8 seconds, then the next, and so on). You can refresh or add another stack to extend or rebuild Tau status by reapplying status effects. Each stack enhances the entire team’s status chance, making it extremely powerful in status-focused builds.

In addition, Tau Status affects itself, meaning that the status chance vulnerability also increases the chance to apply Tau status itself. This makes Tau status self-propagating, and abilities or weapons that proc Tau Status will benefit from this feedback loop, amplifying their own effectiveness with every stack.

Key Misunderstandings:

1. Tau Status Duration:

It’s true that each Tau proc has its own timer, but the decay is not one stack per second. Instead, each stack decays after its own 8-second timer, creating a decaying effect as each stack expires over time. However, you can refresh or add stacks, maintaining and rebuilding Tau status from wherever it left off.

2. Tau Status Scaling and Self-Amplification:

Tau status doesn’t directly increase status damage, but it enhances status application and amplifies its own status chance. For example, if your weapon has a base 50% status chance, Tau status vulnerability increases that to 100%, guaranteeing at least one proc per hit. In the case of Caliban’s Ortholysts (his 3rd ability), which inflict Tau Damage:

The Cannon has a 100% Status Chance, which guarantees Tau procs.

The Mortar has a 300% Status Chance, and this is further multiplied by Tau Status. With 10 stacks of Tau status vulnerability, that 300% status chance is multiplied by 2 (100% increase), resulting in 600% status chance, making it significantly more effective at spreading status.

The Mortar shoots up to 5 bombs per Mortar hutting enemies in an AOE. In a crane or fan drop position. 

Even Caliban’s Fusion Strike (his 4th ability), which has a base 20% status chance, benefits from Tau, as the multiplicative vulnerability effect increases its chance to apply status.

3. Tau Status Consistency:

The idea that Tau doesn’t help due to "non-refreshing durations" is incorrect. Tau stacks can be refreshed as long as status is reapplied. Since each stack decays individually after 8 seconds, this allows you to maintain consistent Tau Status over time, even in extended fights. In status-heavy builds, Tau is a significant multiplier.

In Conclusion:

Tau status, when used properly with high-status weapons or abilities, and mods like Condition Overload, multiplicatively amplifies damage potential for both Caliban and his team. It not only enhances status chance globally, but self-propagates and increases its own proc chance, making it a powerful tool for team synergy and status-heavy builds.

It's completely useless when meeting a status limited or a status immune enemies. 

Applying status vulnerability on trash mob is irrelevant.

I've already explained this earlier, but to clarify: the Tau status effect does not disappear all at once after 8 seconds. Instead, each stack has its own timer of 8 seconds. This means that when a stack reaches the end of its duration, only that specific stack is removed, allowing you to maintain some stacks while potentially refreshing others.

Regarding the 10-100% bonus status chance, it's important to recognize its multiplicative nature. This bonus can significantly enhance your overall status application, especially when combined with weapons that have inherent status chances. For example, if you have a weapon with a base 50% status chance, applying the Tau status effect at max stacks can boost it to 100%, guaranteeing at least one proc per hit.

While it may seem like only the ranged summons can apply it reliably, the whole kit is designed to synergize and maximize status effects across various playstyles. The Ortholysts, with their high status chance, can indeed apply Tau status effectively, but you can also use other abilities strategically to contribute to this status application.

They allow you to have the status effect applied while you use your weapons or subsumed abilities to apply the status effects you want to the afflicted targets. Especially those with increased vulnerability and lifted status from your 2.

Overall, the mechanics of the Tau status effect create opportunities for consistent uptime and effective use in status-focused builds.

But if you apply 10 Tau status in a single second, then reapply one single Tau status after seven second, you will be left with only one Tau status after 8 seconds. It does not refresh the existing stacks.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

-snip-

Looking at the video you do lose all stacks after 8 seconds max or the ortholysts are jsut bad at spreading it, when he swaps from orthos to summolyst and then goes to cast fusion strike on the smaller grineer it has no tau status on it anymore.

On 2024-09-28 at 2:45 PM, Destroyahx87 said:

Downgraded is an overreaction. While the rework has some issues, I can definitely say he's in a better spot with the changes to most of his abilities. His 1, 2, and 3 are all objectively better. The only issue is his 4.

The changes to Fusion Strike are good, but for the life of me, I can't understand why they took away the armor strip field. It was very useful and fun. I really hope they bring it back. 

Because overall, it's been buffed. Before, targets that were immune to the pull or simply don't enter the field, which can be difficult to see, made it less effective.

To compensate, you now fire up to four Fusion Strikes at once(with your Conculysts), similar to Nidus's first and third ability combo. This allows you to hit multiple targets within 30 meters of you or your Conculysts in an arc, pincering enemies in the targeted direction. Additionally, the damage scales exponentially with each enemy, as they now explode with a 10-meter radius around them, dealing Tau damage.

7 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

It's completely useless when meeting a status limited or a status immune enemies. 

Applying status vulnerability on trash mob is irrelevant.

But if you apply 10 Tau status in a single second, then reapply one single Tau status after seven second, you will be left with only one Tau status after 8 seconds. It does not refresh 

The idea that it's "completely useless" against status-limited or status-immune enemies is not unique to Tau status; all status effects have reduced effectiveness in such situations. However, this doesn't negate Tau's overall utility. Tau status vulnerability is designed to enhance your status-based strategies, particularly in fights where status effects can be applied, which is the majority of encounters.

As for the issue of "applying 10 Tau status in a second and then reapplying one after seven seconds," you seem to misunderstand how the refresh mechanic works. Tau status doesn't replace the old stacks, nor does reapplying status leave you with only one stack. Each individual stack has its own timer of 8 seconds. If you reapply one stack within that timeframe, it simply adds another stack without resetting or replacing the others that are still active. This is why you won’t be left with just one Tau stack after 8 seconds if you maintain constant status application.

Tau is meant to synergize with consistent status application. It rewards frequent procs, which is why it works well with status-heavy builds, maintaining its utility as long as you keep applying status effects.

You can't go around making two posts on the same page on a topic saying the exact opposite ; make up your mind :

Il y a 1 heure, (PSN)Grand_Sheba a dit :

The 8-second individual timers per Tau proc mean that the Tau status effect decays over time instead of disappearing altogether like Blast, Magnetic, Heat, etc. So after 8 seconds from 100%, it will drop to 90% for another 8 seconds if left untouched. This stacks with your build’s status chance for guns, while the innate ones you get from your abilities are already 100% or higher, excluding his 4, which defense strips.

il y a 40 minutes, (PSN)Grand_Sheba a dit :

For example: weeping wounds. At 12x giving 324% status chances gets 100% bonus giving you 648% status chances per hit. Thats over 6 procs per hit, so your 10k heat inherit is now 60k.

If you made a mistake or misunderstood something, that's fine, but you don't seem to acknowledge it.

As for the issue of "applying 10 Tau status in a second and then reapplying one after seven seconds," you seem to misunderstand how the refresh mechanic works. Tau status doesn't replace the old stacks, nor does reapplying status leave you with only one stack. Each individual stack has its own timer of 8 seconds. If you reapply one stack within that timeframe, it simply adds another stack without resetting or replacing the others that are still active. This is why you won’t be left with just one Tau stack after 8 seconds if you maintain constant status application.

Yes it will be only one Tau status effects left after 8s in that given example.

On 2024-09-28 at 3:49 AM, Prime262 said:

Caliban's 4 losing the armor strip field is pretty painful. Throwing that down in a group of enemies before hacking them apart or shooting them up was about the best combo he had. you could lay down multiple fields on chokepoints, like in mirror defense, it was easily my favorite thing about him and if i have to direct hit enemies to armor strip them now thats just going to be rough.

i appreciate you doubling down on the damage aspect of the ability, but the damage aspect of abilities is always the first thing to fall off when the enemy levels start getting big, the utility aspect is the thing that actually matters. please reconsider keeping the armor strip field effect. 

Maybe they could make the field still strip, but maybe a 25% strip? 

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

This was clearly addressed and due to this being a lifted status via ability, it will not prematurely end it. 

The target will remain lifted until its duration has ended no matter how many times you hit them unless they have died. 

From testing within the last few weeks, this is blatantly incorrect.  Primary, Secondary and Ability damage sources are at current still ending Lifted upon application, not including pre-existing and overlapping Gas clouds.  Trust but verify. 

il y a 11 minutes, (PSN)Grand_Sheba a dit :

The idea that it's "completely useless" against status-limited or status-immune enemies is not unique to Tau status; all status effects have reduced effectiveness in such situations. However, this doesn't negate Tau's overall utility. Tau status vulnerability is designed to enhance your status-based strategies

Which is funny because as they are going to remove slash, impact, and explosive damage from Caliban, having instead Tau damage and Tau status on all his spells, and nothing else ; you won't be able to build any single synergy or strategy within his kit ; without being extremely weapon dependant.

20 minutes ago, Lohillus said:

Looking at the video you do lose all stacks after 8 seconds max or the ortholysts are jsut bad at spreading it, when he swaps from orthos to summolyst and then goes to cast fusion strike on the smaller grineer it has no tau status on it anymore.

You're mistaken friend, that tron effect in the targets is the new tau status effect. It maintained for each stack during its total showing. The Ortholysts hit the first 2 closest to it and not the ine in the back. 

Also this video is edited, when switching to the Summulyst the video cuts to that part of the game play.

So again as stated by the development team"Tau’s Status Effect inflicts Status Chance Vulnerability to enemies affected by it, with a max of 10 Stacks culminating in 100% Status Chance Vulnerability (10% per Stack), with each stack individually lasting 8 seconds! "

"with each stack individually lasting 8 seconds!"

This is very black and white.

1 stack has 8 second individually. All 10 stacks each expire individually after 8 second from their own individual timers.

I hope this clears things up for you and anyone else confused.

6 minutes ago, Daiphelion said:

From testing within the last few weeks, this is blatantly incorrect.  Primary, Secondary and Ability damage sources are at current still ending Lifted upon application, not including pre-existing and overlapping Gas clouds.  Trust but verify. 

Ok so first, the update didnt come out within the last few weeks. It will be released Oct. 5th of 2024.

Secondly, an ability that causes the lifted status effect will not end prematurely from any damage. They will last their full duration unless the target dies or the ability is nullified.

Lifted status effects from melee does not have this privilege as stated in the wiki.