Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Curious Case Of The Seer.

FoxNightscape

So, now that we've all settled down into Dmg 2.0 and U11 and all that fun stuff, a lot of us have turned away from our previously godlike Acrids to explore the world of secondaries. At first I went to my despair, since that's what I used before my Acrid. But then I came across something rifling through my arsenal. The Seer. I got this when it came out through long hours of grinding and muttering that Vor didn't drop the one piece I wanted. Mostly because I'm a sniper at heart and sniper pistols are right up my alley.

But then I noticed something else with the damages. Despair is 48 puncture. Seer is 28 Impact, Puncture, and Slash. All together. And it made me hit something that the Seer might be one of the more powerful guns right now. Because 84 base damage for the elemental mods to take off of is pretty high. 

So, one potato and a forma later and I'm one shotting quite a few things that would take me a longer time to hammer out with an Acrid or even a Despair. It's a pretty all for one gun (That said, using it on infested is just going to be a bad time no matter what. Only secondary the infested hate is Spectra, from what I've heard), and works wonders on Corpus shields and what's underneath nicely at the same time. 

Plus, tripleshot Seer. Yesplease. But am I just going all gung-ho in wanting the Seer to be a good gun or is there actually a glimmer of potential for it to be utterly devastating? And yes, I'm fully aware of the huge downside of the Seer. Not the travel time (It's practically a non-issue 99% of the time since it's so fast), but the reload. Ohgod the reload on that handcannon.

Personally, It's my -main- 100% go to gun for most of the game, It's gotten 5 forma and 1 potato in it and it works great. It might as well be my primary to be honest. The only time im not using it is with infested, or if I'm running a sniper rifle in my primary slot. I love the Seer, It's a great gun, and IMO totally worth the 5 forma

I got the Seer when it came out, never had a potato to spare for it, and sold it for space at some point before U11. But I'm not too broken up over it. I have the Lex and Vasto, and soon enough Sicarus Prime, for long range, and I also have the Brakk and Gremlins for something to deal balanced damage, though once I do get more weapons, and I can afford it, which I will thanks to all the cheap Platinum I've gotten lately, I'll likely go back, kick Vor's &#!, and make the Seer shine a bit.

HAven't tried the Seer since I ranked it up as it came out, but I have heard it is quite decent. I might give it a try once I finish by Aklex and Sicarus Prime (which is baking in the oven right now).

Equal base damage types will mean it is going to be easy to mod for any of the factions, which is good news. We need at least one "universal" weapon that is not ridiculously hard to obtain (Sicarus Prime, I am looking at you here, the receiver was a pain to get!).

I never liked the normal Sicarius to begin with. I used a Kraken for my first few months, but the Sicarius just felt like a waste of ammo if you modded it up for damage. The whole one shot one kill mentality I use for the Seer goes out the window with that. 

That said, I'm curious to see if the Aklex is any better on the reload. The one issue with the Seer is that long reload. Beyond that, it's a gun that can be used for anything. Just did a Palus survival with one other person and pretty much relied on my tricked out Seer. It did not disappoint until about 30 minutes in. 

But at that point all my weapons were crying for the 60+ leveled ancients.

I've seen that the tripleshot seems to spread purely horizontally.  May be my imagination, but my Seer suddenly seems a much better weapon than before, and it wasn't all that bad back in the day.

Edited by Cytobel

I never liked the normal Sicarius to begin with. I used a Kraken for my first few months, but the Sicarius just felt like a waste of ammo if you modded it up for damage. The whole one shot one kill mentality I use for the Seer goes out the window with that. 

That said, I'm curious to see if the Aklex is any better on the reload. The one issue with the Seer is that long reload. Beyond that, it's a gun that can be used for anything. Just did a Palus survival with one other person and pretty much relied on my tricked out Seer. It did not disappoint until about 30 minutes in. 

But at that point all my weapons were crying for the 60+ leveled ancients.

Out of curiosity what elemental mods do you think you'll try out? personally I love blast + toxic on it myself.

EDIT: also I believe Aklex has the same reload on it.

Edited by KittyDarkling

Interesting... I never even thought about going back to it at all. I've never minded the reload time on it since I started out useing Lex and other reload time heavy weapons pretty much from the start. What I always hated was the travel time on the shot. I've always played as a sniper and more recently the tank spray and pray. That being said, Seer was rather bottom of the barrel for me due to unreliability on the truely long shots. I'm talking about the long shots like in the massive corpus ship area rooms. I'll typically mow down stuff starting at the longest range that I can. One of the biggest things that always bugged me was the lack luster penitration on the gun. It's pretty much just for the greneer shield units, but I personally thought it should be able to perform like the old shred mod.

• 2 weeks later...

How did y'all mod it? Ive only put a potato in mine. Using 8/10 Hornet Strike, and Maxed Barrel Diffusion, Quickdraw, Stunning Speed(had to get rid of that reload), and all 3 of damage type boosting mods. I want to put a forma in it and cant decide on the last mod. was thinking Lethal Torrent.