Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Hound weapons (Lacerten, Batoten, Akaten) not getting Posture slot is a strange choice

I know they're not technically 'Beasts,' but come on, they're basically Beasts. and it's weird to exclude these weapons from Posture slots, especially when Hounds were given the same AI treatment as Beasts: 

Note: While Hounds are not technically Beast Companions, they will also benefit from the AI changes listed above!

I can only assume that this is an oversight, because there's not really a compelling reason for them to not have it. 

• Like 5

On a related note, it would be nice to have Postures added to MOAs.  I'd still prefer they get added to Hound weapons over the Hounds themselves, because they require a massive amount of forma to fully build, even compared to sentinel weapons.

(Any chance that an extra two V polarities can be added to hound weapons?)

• Like 2

Dang... Being able to tweak the AI on Hounds was unironically the biggest thing I was looking forward to with this update. I haven't tested the AI post-update yet, but hopefully the lack of Postures for Hounds is just an oversight that DE hotfixes right away.

I keep wanting to use my Hounds, but then they just paw-slap a single target repeatedly for negligible damage instead of properly casting their precepts off cooldown. Hopefully the base AI changes improved this at least, but it still feels like such a waste for these AI mods (designed for melee-centric quadrupeds with no real ranged attack capabilities) to not apply to slightly-more-metallic melee-centric quadrupeds with no real ranged attack capabilities 😂

(I'll probably edit this comment after actually testing out the update though lmao)

4 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I know they're not technically 'Beasts,' but come on, they're basically Beasts. and it's weird to exclude these weapons from Posture slots, especially when Hounds were given the same AI treatment as Beasts: 

I can only assume that this is an oversight, because there's not really a compelling reason for them to not have it. 

Hounds and Moas absolutely need the stance mods prescicely because of the changes they give to how those companions interact (or not) with enemies.