Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Strain Consume NEEDS a cap of some sort.

I'm sorry if this isn't properly a bug but I don't visit forums that much so had no idea where to post it. Maybe you can do some cool mod magic to move it to the right place.

Strain Consume doesn't have a cap and absolutely NEEDS one. The bonus refreshes its 45s duration every time a new maggot is consumed so it can be stacked indefinitely and infinitely as long as you have maggots up to 10m away. Max health% has no limit and it ramps up extremely fast so I think every time you apply the bonus it's multiplicative with itself although it's very hard to tell for how exponentially fast the numbers grow.

This pairs perfectly with Arcane Grace that, being percentage-based, will easily restore MILLIONS OF HP PER SECOND. Currently the only thing that keeps you from gaining infinite max health and regeneration is raw number overflow: when you reach 2,147,483,520 health it goes negative/resets back to 0, instantly killing you.

Reddit video where I show what this interaction can do

Edited by (PSN)Fiiggyee
Spelling and additions

3 hours ago, (PSN)Fiiggyee said:

I'm sorry if this isn't properly a bug but I don't visit forums that much so had no idea where to post it. Maybe you can do some cool mod magic to move it to the right place.

Strain Consume doesn't have a cap and absolutely NEEDS one. The bonus refreshes its 45s duration every time a new maggot is consumed so it can be stacked indefinitely and infinitely as long as you have maggots up to 10m away. Max health% has no limit and it ramps up extremely fast so I think every time you apply the bonus it's multiplicative with itself although it's very hard to tell for how exponentially fast the numbers grow.

This pairs perfectly with Arcane Grace that, being percentage-based, will easily restore MILLIONS OF HP PER SECOND. Currently the only thing that keeps you from gaining infinite max health and regeneration is raw number overflow: when you reach 2,147,483,520 health it goes negative/resets back to 0, instantly killing you.

Reddit video where I show what this interaction can do

Very nice. Did you consider Dante specter to perhaps avoid death? Do upload a vid of you manage to

I’m genuinely curious what sort of cap it will have. Health tanking isn’t a viable strategy right now and this mod can give players a new way to build. No more need for shield gate and energy to shield conversion. Other then it getting a tad high in number and the fact that it hits integer overflow and kills you I think it’s actually a good fit. Only frame able to abuse it would be nidus and health tanking and maggots are his thing. Would be more like an augment to his 4th tbh

Strain consume mod can stack forever. We already know it will get axed for sure so might as well get it over with quickly so we can make a build that won't become useless after some nerf.

Since health tanking is difficult, it should give lots of health so it is worth it.

Unlike a maxed vitality which gives +100% health for free, or arcane blessing which gives you a permanent 1200 health, strain mod will require the full mod set to be equipped to maximize gains so that is 4 mod slots and other stats being sacrificed. It will also require you kill lots of enemies and keep the buff going. All gains will drop off if you let the buff drop off too.

So I propose a 75 stack limit with a shared timer so the stacks can be maintained and so the game doesn't have to process 75 timers. I think 300% is reasonable given all the extra effort and sacrifices. It will still be less than the health buff of arcane blessing on most frames. It will give more health to Inaros and Nidus however due to their larger health pools but because they work off of health tanking then that is fine. It'll help them avoid being 1 shot for longer as long as they stay diligent and maintain the stacks. It might be useful for Kullervo's survivability too.

Also make it multiplicative. We have plenty sources for base health and flat health. Having the Helminth charger have the unique purpose of multiplying your health and making you tanky would make him interesting and valuable

@[DE]Momaw Consider this change please. Don't ruin it and make it a useless mod set. Having a pet that gives you an extra 200 health is insignificant compared to a primer pet that lets you do 5x damage. Tripling your final health at the cost of a frame slot, melee slot(other mods would give much better dps), pet slot, claw slot would be a good trade off though. It can be the health tanker's pet.

Edited by Redrigoth

4 hours ago, Karyst said:

Very nice. Did you consider Dante specter to perhaps avoid death? Do upload a vid of you manage to

Dante won't work cause when you hit 2^32+1 hp, it will be automatically set to 0.

HOWEVER, somebody suggested Magus Repair instead of Arcane Grace cause the latter forces health regen until you're full. Using Repair you should be able to better "control" your current health without hitting the 2^32+1 cap and die

Looks like it has been patched:

• Fixed indefinitely stacking unintended amount of Health from a combination of the Strain Consume mod and any of the following: Helminth Charger, Nidus Maggots and Pathocyst.

However, my question now is what is the intended amount? Just one stack and that's it? Does anyone know what the current cap is?

edit: Seems to be ~40% max now. I can't seem to get any higher in the simulacrum, at least. Not bad I guess, though it feels really inconsistent.

Also, for the love of God DE, please add something to the UI informing me that this buff is active and how many are active at once! There is currently no indication of what is going on besides the number on my health bar changing.

Edited by Forgek
updating information
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Forgek said:

Looks like it has been patched:

However, my question now is what is the intended amount? Just one stack and that's it? Does anyone know what the current cap is?

edit: Seems to be ~40% max now. I can't seem to get any higher in the simulacrum, at least. Not bad I guess, though it feels really inconsistent.

Also, for the love of God DE, please add something to the UI informing me that this buff is active and how many are active at once! There is currently no indication of what is going on besides the number on my health bar changing.

40% max is nothing. Disappointing change. Pet could have been a boon to health tanking. Should have been 200% max

• Like 1

Okay I discovered a new bug. Enemies seem to take dramatically less melee damage against enemies with one of the Strain set maggots are on them. This is really horrible. It's like several orders of magnitude less damage. ~3mil to ~30k from heavy attacks.

5 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

40% max is nothing. Disappointing change. Pet could have been a boon to health tanking. Should have been 200% max

Okay so it's ~40% per volley of maggots (assuming you are within 10m of them all when they die). This can stack, however each maggot seems to have it's own timer. So it can more or less, but not dramatically so. Most I've been able to get is 80%, but it's inconsistent. Nidus also doesn't have any special interaction with it anymore.

The real brutal thing in my testing has been the significantly reduced damage bug, I have no clue what's going on with that. It feels genuinely terrible to melee enemies with the maggots on them, I go from 1-shotting them to taking 3+ strikes when the maggots are involved. If that gets fixed I think the charger can be OK on some builds, I think. It doesn't really do much besides the maggots though, its other abilities kinda suck.

18 minutes ago, Forgek said:

Okay so it's ~40% per volley of maggots (assuming you are within 10m of them all when they die). This can stack, however each maggot seems to have it's own timer. So it can more or less, but not dramatically so. Most I've been able to get is 80%, but it's inconsistent. Nidus also doesn't have any special interaction with it anymore.

The real brutal thing in my testing has been the significantly reduced damage bug, I have no clue what's going on with that. It feels genuinely terrible to melee enemies with the maggots on them, I go from 1-shotting them to taking 3+ strikes when the maggots are involved. If that gets fixed I think the charger can be OK on some builds, I think. It doesn't really do much besides the maggots though, its other abilities kinda suck.

maybe the maggot is eating the hit and counting as a body and triggering melee fall off?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Forgek said:

Had the reduced damage been addressed? I thought i was going crazy last night with that.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Redrigoth said:

maybe the maggot is eating the hit and counting as a body and triggering melee fall off?

You may be on to something, it could be melee follow-through, let me check the numbers tonight when I can play with melees with different follow-through stats.

It does appear to be the follow-through stat. Innodem with it's 90% follow-through sees much less of a damage reduction than the other weapons I tested with a lower follow-through stat. I can't say definitively, but I think this is what is going on here.

Will DE see this or should I make a new thread to make sure they're notified of the bug?

Edited by Forgek

4 hours ago, Forgek said:

It does appear to be the follow-through stat. Innodem with it's 90% follow-through sees much less of a damage reduction than the other weapons I tested with a lower follow-through stat. I can't say definitively, but I think this is what is going on here.

Will DE see this or should I make a new thread to make sure they're notified of the bug?

Their bug guidelines say to make separate threads for each bug even if they are on the same topic unless 2 bugs are tied together, so make a new thread "Maggots count as bodies in regards to melee follow-through"

They probably waste your gun punch-through as well if this is how they behave.

Throw in a comment saying the max stacks for Strain consume after they fixed it is too low. +40% health is not sufficient reason to attract usage for that pet. It needs to be 100% multiplicative to final health after mods.

• Like 2

On 2024-10-03 at 11:30 PM, (PSN)Fiiggyee said:

Dante won't work cause when you hit 2^32+1 hp, it will be automatically set to 0.

HOWEVER, somebody suggested Magus Repair instead of Arcane Grace cause the latter forces health regen until you're full. Using Repair you should be able to better "control" your current health without hitting the 2^32+1 cap and die

What if you vazarin dashed? 

On 2024-10-04 at 1:03 AM, Redrigoth said:

Bro get Dante treatment but faster

I want to clarify that the amount you get ranges up farther than 40%, it's just 40% *per group of maggots generated* roughly. It can be less if you're out of range of some of the maggots. Each instance of 4% health seems to have its own timer, so while you can get another round of health buffs from the next group of maggots, the old one will run out not too long after, putting an effective cap at 80% (though, realistically due to the range, it will be less).

Personally, I would be fine with this if the range of the health buff was removed and it always applied to you. The range can make it really inconsistent (let alone your companion's AI bugging out) so the bonus I see most often in missions is realistically very low. It forces you to sit in one small area a bunch and to pay waaay too much attention to what your companion is doing to make sure you're in range of the buff, it's not really conducive to Warframe's intended gameplay.

• Like 1