Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I change my weapon loadout UI back to being 4 weapons per row?

(PSN)RB3-Reloaded

Question

So with the new update a new UI change that being with weapon load out menu and the boxes are just 3 per row taking up too much space for how many weapons I own it’s taking too long to scroll…

any chance I can decrease the box size so more fit per row if that makes any sense? They wouldn’t just make a new UI like this without giving us a choice to change it right?

Edited by (PSN)RB3-Reloaded
  • Like 2

23 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

Is that in the interface section of the settings menu if so I don’t think that option is even there for me (I’m on PS5 not pc)

I don't play on Console so not sure, it could be different but you'd think the Menu Scaling would be there.

Go into your menu while standing in your ship and go to Options - Interface - Menu Scale - you can change it from Custom - Leagacy or Full, under Custom you can set a value.

Edit:
I'm not in the game anymore to even see what the controller buttons might show me under setup what it's called, sorry.

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

So with the new update a new UI change that being with weapon load out menu and the boxes are just 3 per row taking up too much space for how many weapons I own it’s taking too long to scroll…

any chance I can decrease the box size so more fit per row if that makes any sense? They would just make a new UI like this without giving us a choice to change it?

I don't get what you are saying.

I own all the weapons and when I go to swap to another weapon in the Arsenal UI menu it shows as four rows wide.

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I don't get what you are saying.

I own all the weapons and when I go to swap to another weapon in the Arsenal UI menu it shows as four rows wide.

Well It’s definitely 3 per row for me which is uncomfortable and becoming a problem for me to scroll, I didn’t even change anything it just appeared like that after the update.

imma go watch dev videos to see if the answers are there because u didn’t really contribute a solution to this

2 minutes ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

Well It’s definitely 3 per row for me which is uncomfortable and becoming a problem for me to scroll, I didn’t even change anything it just appeared like that after the update.

imma go watch dev videos to see if the answers are there because u didn’t really contribute a solution to this

Silly question are you counting from the second row down? So from what you're saying next to None how many weapons do you see there? Mine shows three, second row down is goes back to four.

I didn't contribute to a solution because mine is fine for me unless we are discussing two different things.

Here is my solution, place a support ticket as it sounds like a bug for you in your UI visual.

9 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Silly question are you counting from the second row down? So from what you're saying next to None how many weapons do you see there? Mine shows three, second row down is goes back to four.

Yh next to the “none” option only 2 weapons are next to it from the second row it’s only 3 weapons.

12 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I didn't contribute to a solution because mine is fine for me unless we are discussing two different things.

Here is my solution, place a support ticket as it sounds like a bug for you in your UI visual.

Sorry if it sounded like I was rude or snapped at you but I’m just tired I was really excited for this update but things like this and that Fortuna conservation bug is ruining it for me idk…

Also can’t seem to find a decent video for these UI changes either just “you can favourite weapons now” honestly I’m just so sick of this game making changes like this with no explicit reason or clear way to revert them I’m putting it in feedback because a support ticket is honestly a waste of time for how long it takes to respond I’ll just give Warframe a break this week honestly

16 minutes ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

Yh next to the “none” option only 2 weapons are next to it from the second row it’s only 3 weapons.

Sorry if it sounded like I was rude or snapped at you but I’m just tired I was really excited for this update but things like this and that Fortuna conservation bug is ruining it for me idk…

Also can’t seem to find a decent video for these UI changes either just “you can favourite weapons now” honestly I’m just so sick of this game making changes like this with no explicit reason or clear way to revert them I’m putting it in feedback because a support ticket is honestly a waste of time for how long it takes to respond I’ll just give Warframe a break this week honestly

Yeah no drama, though that sucks what it's gone like.

I'd suggest what @Zakkhar mentioned in case something got reset back in your video settings.

Hope you get it fixed.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

Adjusting my Resolution settings didn’t change anything how do you change UI scaling though?

Under Options - Interface - Adjust HUD Margins. Or just search for it.

Edit:
My HUD was even out so something had gone screwy.

Even after setting mine to the smallest setting I couldn't reduce my weapon menu to three so most likely a bug.

Edit: Again.
Also under Options - Interface have a look at what your Menu Scale is set to. Mine is CUSTOM 100, I changed it to 50 and I can see a huge amount of weapons without scrolling, but damn it's tiny.

Edited by Slayer-.

I got 2 first row, 3 all other rows as well. And yeah it is huge compared to previously, so I assume something changed. It also seems to be more centered (leaving empty margins to the sides).

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

Yh that didn’t work either unfortunately just gonna have to leave feedback

18 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Also under Options - Interface have a look at what your Menu Scale is set to. Mine is CUSTOM 100, I changed it to 50 and I can see a huge amount of weapons without scrolling, but damn it's tiny.

I just set mine to CUSTOM 80, 90 works as well and on the first line I now have four across and the second line is five.

Edited by Slayer-.

23 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Is that in the interface section of the settings menu if so I don’t think that option is even there for me (I’m on PS5 not pc)

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Go into your menu while standing in your ship and go to Options - Interface - Menu Scale - you can change it from Custom - Leagacy or Full, under Custom you can set a value

yup not there… we don’t even get the OPTION to not have our menu screwed over by an unwarranted change definitely going leave feedback what the hell…

30 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:
45 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I just set mine to CUSTOM 80, 90 works as well and on the first line I now have four across and the second line is five.

It has no effect on my Arsenal whatsoever. Tried 50, 70, 80, 90, 100 and 200. It seems to have zero effect on anything. I assume it means Hud in game not the menus. 

Ok, I did the second Option, custome Menu scale, and still not effect on Arsenal. Tried 90. 50 gives me 5 + 6 piecec rows.

75 gives me old Arsenal settings, but my menus are tiny.

It is stupid. Whyy do you I need to make my Menu tiny to make the Arsenal having old usability?

EDIT: My Sweetspot is 86.

Edited by Zakkhar

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It has no effect on my Arsenal whatsoever. Tried 50, 70, 80, 90 and 100.

Seriously, damn I'll have to do a screenshot next time I'm in my game, with mine on custom and set to 50 the lowest I have the hugest amount of weapons showing and don't need to scroll much at all but my eyes hated me for it.  👀

I left mine on 90 seems to be a nice 4 across the top line and 5 across 2nd line.

9 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Seriously, damn I'll have to do a screenshot next time I'm in my game, with mine on custom and set to 50 the lowest I have the hugest amount of weapons showing and don't need to scroll much at all but my eyes hated me for it.  👀

I left mine on 90 seems to be a nice 4 across the top line and 5 across 2nd line.

I was using wrong option - the HHUD scale on scales the in mission HUD, had to use the Menu Scale: Custom (third option from top in Interface).

My sweetspot for 4 rows is 86, but it is still stupid.

There is so much space wasted on the left and right margin. I checked old screenshots and it seems those margins were there before.

Edited by Zakkhar

3 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I was using wrong option - the HHUD scale on scales the in mission HUD, had to use the Menu Scale: Custom (third option from top in Interface).

My sweetspot for 4 rows is 86, but it is still stupid. There is so much space wasted on the left and right margin.

At least it might help until DE can work out what they broke.

I fired my game back up to scratch an itch and posted some screenshots.

Set to CUSTOM 90.

Warframe_Screenshot_2024.10.05_-_02.09.2

Set to CUSTOM 90 this is the result.

Warframe_Screenshot_2024.10.05_-_02.08.4

Set to CUSTOM 50 this is the result.

Warframe_Screenshot_2024.10.05_-_02.09.5

You must be playing on some big resolution, I run 1920x1080.

1 minute ago, Slayer-. said:

It helps on PC, but not on Consoles.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Set to CUSTOM 90.

Yh I’m pissed I’m ngl… thank you though I appreciate your help this is clearly a DE problem since they think we console players should just suck up their terribly sized UI

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Set to CUSTOM 90.

Its. . . Glorious. But that text is extremely hard to read. I'll see if I can tweak it so that I can get it back to 4 per row while still keeping the menu scale at a readable level.

On 2K resolution if that matters as well.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

Yh 3rd option for me is still Numeric Separators oh DE why are you like this…

Looking at my menu options screenshot you're missing a whole two lines in the menu in regards to 'Menu Scale' Wow what happens if want to change it on the screen you are viewing it on? 

NGfzP.gif You, DE SeMz4.gif 

3 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Its. . . Glorious. But that text is extremely hard to read. I'll see if I can tweak it so that I can get it back to 4 per row while still keeping the menu scale at a readable level.

On 2K resolution if that matters as well.

Yeah, I'm on a Resolution of 2560 x 1080 with mine set to 90 it's readable, I'm going to see if I can get used to it, if not back to 100 for my old eyes.

• Like 1