Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crosshair blocking

HappyDeYapy

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that the crosshair gets obscured a bit too often? I’ve personally reported this issue to customer support multiple times, as various Warframe accessories block the crosshair, but every fix fails to solve the problem. It’s really ironic because it’s obvious DE wants us to aim and get more headshots (with Incarnon stuff), but how can you score headshots when you can barely see the target you’re aiming at? The aiming experience in this 'third-person shooter' is truly bad, and I hope DE could shift the character model more to the left, which might fundamentally solve the issue of blocking the crosshair, rather than just making the character’s body transparent.1D68yy0.jpegR0hVJrr.jpegbHYlRsj.jpegB6DtWqw.jpegqymdbla.jpeg

• Like 4

Picture below clearly shows that Crosshair is never obscured/blocked because it is projected on 1st plain.

qymdbla.jpeg

What you probably mean by blocked crosshair is the space between the crosshair and the enemy.

You do not need to see what is directly behind the crosshair in order to aim. What you need to see is the enemy and and crosshair & align that enemy with the crosshair. You do not even need to see whole enemy, partial silhouette will do. Healthy human brain is able to imagine what is currently obscured.

Edited by Zakkhar

crosshair is blocked by warframe model and other attachments on it many times and it should be fixed

best thing would be to add transtaparency slider in options to make your warframe and pets like sentinels less visible

you can get similar effect by using warframe that can get invisible and the difference is huge in what can you see and aim etc

this is a shooter game and visibility is very important

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

crosshair is blocked by warframe model and other attachments on it many times and it should be fixed

It is clearly and visibly not blocked by anything. What is blocked is line of sight between the crosshair and the target and as previously mentioned it doesnt matter as long as both crosshair and part of the target silhouette are visible. When character model (or certain fashionframe choices) start obscuring whole enemy silhouette then it will be a problem. 

Edited by Zakkhar

Yeah trying to ADS with Latron while Chroma is wearing most Shoulder Armors is just a nightmare and really frustrating to actually aim.

I really hope they make the shoulder attachments turn transparent if they are covering enemies while aiming. I'm pretty sure there's already a similar mechanic in place but I can't remember exactly where in game. I'll make note when I come across it again.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 2

2小时前 , Zakkhar 说:

Picture below clearly shows that Crosshair is never obscured/blocked because it is projected on 1st plain.

qymdbla.jpeg

What you probably mean by blocked crosshair is the space between the crosshair and the enemy.

You do not need to see what is directly behind the crosshair in order to aim. What you need to see is the enemy and and crosshair & align that enemy with the crosshair. You do not even need to see whole enemy, partial silhouette will do. Healthy human brain is able to imagine what is currently obscured.

Yes what I mean is the space between the crosshair and the enemy.

And NO, it’s important to have a clear view of the enemy because precision is key in any shooter game. While the human brain is capable of imagining, I shouldn't have to 'imagine' where my target is, especially when shooting from long range. Also, have I mentioned that the damage numbers block your vision, even when reduced to 50% and using 'enhanced damage numbers'? The combination of these two is a nightmare. It doesn't stop me from landing headshots, sure, but it FEELS BAD, and feeling matters in gameplay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HappyDeYapy said:

Yes what I mean is the space between the crosshair and the enemy.

And NO, it’s important to have a clear view of the enemy because precision is key in any shooter game. While the human brain is capable of imagining, I shouldn't have to 'imagine' where my target is, especially when shooting from long range. Also, have I mentioned that the damage numbers block your vision, even when reduced to 50% and using 'enhanced damage numbers'? The combination of these two is a nightmare. It doesn't stop me from landing headshots, sure, but it FEELS BAD, and feeling matters in gameplay.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Edited by TotalEnigma85
  • Like 3