Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Rooftops

BalaDeSilver

Why can't I access this rooftop if it's within the same tile? I understand if I can't go to rooftops at the edge of a tile, but this one is dead center. Also, why is there a railing when there isn't a door to that area of the roof? Who are these railings protecting from falling down the roof? Me?

• Like 6

Yeah, not gonna lie, this was the biggest disappointment so far - what's even the point of giving us the urban setting, if we can't even navigate the rooftops(in a supposedly game about ninjas, no less)?

Don't get me wrong, obviously there should be a square around the whole location that blocks you from going out of bounds, but inside that square, rooftops should all be navigable, imo. This really felt way more limiting than it usually does... It was like super "gamey" feeling, perhaps because of more "normal" environment than what it usual in Warframe.

I don't know, I really didn't like it.

• Like 2

From a game design standpoint, 100% agree.

From a gameplay standpoint, that building is where the deadzone on the map is. Kinda like how most of Mars and Europa is 100% traversable in theory, so DE put in respawn zones and invisible walls. Looks to me like the height limit is at that building.

I, for one, would rather the invisible walls be a cage around the buildings, rather than be the tall buildings themselves. That's kinda how Prototype 1 & 2 did it. the whole city is free to roam around, they just put impassable obstacles with the assumption that the virus made you unable to swim, and a free-fire zone cutting you off from most of NYC to keep you contained in a selection of 4 zones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt11mz said:

From a gameplay standpoint, that building is where the deadzone on the map is. Kinda like how most of Mars and Europa is 100% traversable in theory, so DE put in respawn zones and invisible walls. Looks to me like the height limit is at that building.

The ceiling is slightly higher than the building, I can go above the building's height in the video lol.

I understand why it's there, I just don't agree with the reasoning.

• Like 1