Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Seriously? Can't go above the buildings?

Darkbring

We have finally reached the city type open world, yet we cant jump above the highest roof level when in every other open world so far this wasnt an issue at all. I really hope this limitation is only in the demo to railroad us towards a specific path and that when the actual 1999 update comes out we will be able to move around above the buildings freely. If not, then to me it would feel less like an open world and more like a goddamn rat maze.

• Like 5

just like corbin is saying, its a tile-base map system just like normal mission, not open-world, if we could go any higher we would be able to walk or see outside of the tile and kill the immersion, this same thing is applied in all open-sky tilesets, like mars, earth forest, corpus outposts, shipyard , etc. its unfortunate but it has to be this way.
there however some buildings that do not border the map and would make sense to be climbed on, like the one from this post: 

Edited by JeyciKon

2 hours ago, Darkbring said:

We have finally reached the city type open world, yet we cant jump above the highest roof level when in every other open world so far this wasnt an issue at all.

It isn't an open world. Besides that yeah I agree going on the roof would be cool.

7 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

It's not an open world sadly, It's more like Zariman and Entrati labs

Tbh not "sadly" for me, I personally find tilesets level design much more interesting, I don't really like playing in Warframe's open-worlds, and I think they made a great job at making you feel like you actually are in a big city (kinda proven by the fact that some people actually still thought it's an open-world even after playing the Demo lol).

I think it was risk to make the city a tileset tho, let's hope it pays off.

• Like 3

It does feel a little janky rn, I'll admit. I spent a good minute wondering why I couldn't get over one of the buildings despite being able to clearly wall-climb it. Maybe the un-climbable ones would feel better being taller so it's clearer they're not meant to be traversed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeyciKon said:

just like corbin is saying, its a tile-base map system just like normal mission, not open-world, if we could go any higher we would be able to walk or see outside of the tile and kill the immersion, this same thing is applied in all open-sky tilesets, like mars, earth forest, corpus outposts, shipyard , etc. its unfortunate but it has to be this way.
there however some buildings that do not border the map and would make sense to be climbed on, like the one from this post: 

It's that there's no visual indicator that I can't go higher. I can see the roofs. I want to run on the roofs. I can tolerate banging my head on tree limbs or ceilings, but it's annoying when the visual language says up is viable direction, and then I hit my head on the air.

• Like 2