Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Inbox Spam Bug & Script

[DE]Danielle

Hello Tenno! 

We are running a script to remove duplicates of the following Community inbox messages and their attached items from accounts that were affected by the inbox spam bug introduced after Hotfix 37.0.4:

Breakdown of Events for Context:
We received reports that some players were not receiving their free Caliban from the Koumei & the Five Fates inbox message*, so we put out a fix in Hotfix 37.0.4 to remedy this. This however caused duplicate copies of the Caliban, 5 Forma, Dex Nikana and 3 Forma inbox messages to be re-sent if players had deleted the originals prior to Hotfix 37.0.5.

*If you have still not received your Caliban, please submit a ticket at support.warframe.com

When attempting to fix this in Hotfix 37.0.5, we were under the impression that only a couple of additional inboxes had been sent – which is why we had originally said in the patchnotes that the items were yours to keep. But upon further inspection, we found that some accounts had received much more than that (some even in the hundreds) and that the issue hadn’t been fully resolved. We have since patched up the last of the spam issue and given the large scale of the free items that have been unintentionally delivered, the script will remove all but 4 of each of the above inbox messages (note: if you had already installed Forma or used some of your extra Warframe/Weapon Slots, this script will not put those counts into the negative). 

Thank you, Tenno! 

--

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Script complete
  • Like 4

I hate to bring it up in a different context, but you closed the thread on the original. I never got the original Inbox message let alone a duplicate, and the person who handles my support case closed it but I still haven't got the message or Warframe. It feels like I'm going to miss out on this despite doing what I was told (logging in daily during the event period and submitting a ticket for the issue http://support.warframe.com/hc/requests/3612160).