Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Seems To Be A Problem With The Braton Series.

LoopStricken

yeah the descriptions clearly haven't been updated for damage 2.0.  The low impact damage isn't a problem, the problem is the description needs to say 'high slash and strong puncture damage, at the cost of impact damage' instead.  But this problem is not unique to the bratons, it can be seen on quite a few other weapons - the lanka, for instance.

This thread is about braton. 

Stay on topic.

Your narrow definition of on topic does not apply. The thread is about weapons that have a description that is hilariously wrong. It just started with Braton Prime.

I can also cite the Bo staff, because... that's a trap, promising stuff the weapon does not deliver.

It seems that no dev cares about rewriting them a bit if something happens to the weapon.

Your narrow definition of on topic does not apply. The thread is about weapons that have a description that is hilariously wrong. It just started with Braton Prime.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE BRATON PRIMEGARBL! (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

Edited by LoopStricken

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE BRATON PRIMEGARBL! (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

u still able to relate to other mistake of DE if u just point out one its wont have much evidence unless u find mistake of other gear

the more evidence that DE need to have fix the better just one wont do much

u still able to relate to other mistake of DE if u just point out one its wont have much evidence unless u find mistake of other gear

the more evidence that DE need to have fix the better just one wont do much

Aye, but I really like the Braton Prime.

Sorry, wasn't clear enough from the OP. Also, what do those hieroglyphs mean?

Ah, I'm mostly joking. And it's clearly a little angry man flipping a table.  ಠ_ಠ

I can also cite the Bo staff, because... that's a trap, promising stuff the weapon does not deliver.

It seems that no dev cares about rewriting them a bit if something happens to the weapon.

Um no. This thread is about the Braton Prime.

Shut up and stay on topic please otherwise I'm going to ask you to leave this thread.

I have my night stick ready incase you want to talk back to me daddyo.

I will smack a Tenno.

Edited by Anarties

Sorry, wasn't clear enough from the OP. Also, what do those hieroglyphs mean?

Oh lookie here.

You were wrong.

How about that?

It's weird because I wasn't being serious about anything in this thread ._.

Edited by Anarties

Yeah, the Bratons have a problem.

The problem is MK-1.

The starter weapon. MK-1, which every new player gets, is made for killing Infested. Which players won't be encountering in meaningful amounts when they start the game, instead of Grineer, who, would you look at that, inhabit the starting system.

It also has a description that boasts its versatility, when it is less versatile than Braton.

And Braton Vandal has 1.3 Puncture, apparently. Yeah, increased damage, at the cost of other damage. Great job with the reliably unreliable descriptions, DE.

I can see there is a slight imbalance in stats on the MK-1, favouring slashing damage.

But then again, Grineer heads are very susceptible to slashing damage, something I have learned over the hours I have put in the game.

I think Braton MK1 has been designed to reward players for accuracy and learning to aim for the weak spots like enemy heads very early on, rather than "spray and pray" in the general direction of the enemy. A skill which is good to learn very early on when the enemies are still low level and the armour and damage scaling doesn't punish the player too much for taking their time to aim carefully.

I kind of enjoy my MK1 an still take it out on low level missions along my Excalibur, Lato and Skana, just to reminisce "the old times" or when I am playing with a friend who is new to Warframe.

(Edited out typos)

As an afterthought, I'd like to state that I am not against a "performance review" for Braton line, they could use some looking at. However, right now it would seem like the whole arsenal needs a complete review, and their descriptions altered to better reflect their actual values. Or better yet, damage values changed to reflect the weapon descriptions.

Hang in there, Tenno, it gets better ;)

Edited by SoanoS

I'm really hoping they actually mean to balance the system better as you said (and then maybe look at the descriptions as well). Because for now it does not look a lot like it's going to happen. They only fixed some obvious mistakes with proc chance and gave Flux slightly better stats (oblivious to the fact that IPS are basically irrelevant as they are and the only thing that matters are elementals on top of that)

Oh lookie here.

You were wrong.

How about that?

You hurt my feelings man. [cries and hides in a corner]

Yeah, the Bratons have a problem.

The problem is MK-1.

The starter weapon. MK-1, which every new player gets, is made for killing Infested. Which players won't be encountering in meaningful amounts when they start the game, instead of Grineer, who, would you look at that, inhabit the starting system.

It also has a description that boasts its versatility, when it is less versatile than Braton.

And Braton Vandal has 1.3 Puncture, apparently. Yeah, increased damage, at the cost of other damage. Great job with the reliably unreliable descriptions, DE.

To be fair, the early level grineer don't have much armor, so slashing might work fine.