Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Buff Boltor/bolto/akbolto

ArsVampyre

I disagree with this on the Boltor. My wife plays the game and uses the Boltor as her primary weapon. After the damage 2.0 change the weapon started sucking and she asked me to help. After using the guidance from the following post I was able to get her Boltor damage output up and now she mows down everything without having to mod the weapon between missions for different factions. I do not believe the weapon needs a buff based on the information you posted.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explained-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets/

I disagree with this on the Boltor. My wife plays the game and uses the Boltor as her primary weapon. After the damage 2.0 change the weapon started sucking and she asked me to help. After using the guidance from the following post I was able to get her Boltor damage output up and now she mows down everything without having to mod the weapon between missions for different factions. I do not believe the weapon needs a buff based on the information you posted.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explained-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets/

How did you mod it? Mine mows enemies down - it just does so LESS well than, say, all other automatic assault rifles. Even a potato-less Braton of the same level.

Flux could use a look on this same basis. I chose it as one of my primaries because it was effectively an armor-ignoring version of the standard automatic (Braton). Which is the same reason I used Boltor before Flux was added.

Another thing to note is that compared to Braton, Boltor and it's equivalent secondaries are not as accurate over long distances and in addition, they're not hitscan. By virtue of these facts, I think they should probably do more damage (and not less or equal) than their bullet-based equivalents. Frankly, there is a ton of balancing that ought to be done with regard to weapons, but glaringly obvious instances such as these should be an easy candidate for re-balancing.

How did you mod it? Mine mows enemies down - it just does so LESS well than, say, all other automatic assault rifles. Even a potato-less Braton of the same level.

Boltor is mostly Puncture, and a little bit of impact, right?

First off: I would only use it against Grineer, maybe Corpus if you have to.

Serration

Multishot

Shred

Wildfire

After that, it depends on who you're fighting:

Grineer

Grineer Bane (Or +Puncture damage if you prefer)

Cryo Rounds

More Heat Damage

1 Utility mod for playstyle (Ammo Mutation, Magazine, Speed Trigger)

Corpus

Special note: Wildfire needs to be placed in the 8th spot

Cryo Rounds + Electrical Damage (Make sure you get Magnetic)

Corpus bane

1 Utility mod for playstyle (Ammo Mutation, Magazine, Speed Trigger)

Infested(Not Recommended)

Heat

Infested Bane

2 Utility mods (Don't forget about Heavy Calibur if you don't mind the accuracy spread)

Yeah, im starting to think I should just sell my rank 20 Boltor in favour for my latron prime.

Well, duh. You're comparing a low level weapon to a Prime.

Anyway, if you want a potent Boltor just add Toxin to it. Toxin helps with non-armoured enemies and will even ignore Shields and damage Health directly. There are very few enemies in the game that are highly resistant to this combo.

Ah well compared to the other assault rifles I wouldn't know. I was commenting on its general effectiveness. I use the Vectis and now I am playing with shotguns. I don't have experience with other automatic assault rifles. When I get home I will look at the mods and let you know how its set up.

Yeah, im starting to think I should just sell my rank 20 Boltor in favour for my latron prime.

Boltor is fun at the most, at least increase it to 25 damage and have puncture do 18 damage.

Just don't. Get it to lvl 30, for mastery rank, then sell it.

Also, I consider boltor is better is apropiatedly modded with damage 2.0

Boltor is a great grineer killer, do not ask for more, it is a lvl 0 mastery rank weapon.

The problem is that new players will not have the mastery rank for a Soma or a Latron Prime.  So what do you suggest they move on to if they want to stick with automatic weapons? 

Well not a boltor; it's a downgrade to the braton they already have because of the original damage nerf, which entirely had to do with it's armor-ignoring nature prior to 2.0.  Now it's just weak by comparison.

Sure, you can kill Grineer with it fine.  You could always kill Grineer with it fine.  But the Braton will do it better, and the Braton is easier to get.

If we're just going to turn all the old weapons into Burston 2.0, then retire them from the market and replace them with viable weapons.

Arguments that you can make up for it's deficiencies with proper modding don't hold through; this same proper modding applies to the other weapons it competes against, making them better again.

I'm Master rank 12.  I don't need to use the Boltor anymore.  But I have new players who ask for advice on what they should do once their Braton is ranked to 30, and right now my advise is 'get to a higher mastery rank so you can use worthwhile weapons) when they don't like the Latron.  And frankly, why should they have to suffer through ranking up weaker weapons to get to the same Mastery level I am at, when those weapons were stronger for me?  

So Return the boltor to it's original damage level, and the Bolto, and the Akbolto, and buff the damage on the bows because their rate of fire makes their damage a joke.  Hell, all the old weapons need buffed in Damage 2.0 because of how weak they are by comparison to the new weapons DE keeps putting out that are at a higher mastery rank and unavailable to new players.

People ask every time to nerf high tier weapons and now to buff lvl 2 relics,never gonna understand these players...

I think these weapons should be buffed mostly because they are harder to use, bullets hit instantly darts and arrows have significant travel time over mid to longer ranges. I don't mean buffed comparing the Boltor to the Soma but buffed when compared to the Braton(20dmg a bullet, 8.8 rounds a second for 176dps, adjusted to 205dps evenly to all factions and a 10% crit chance) to the Boltor(18 damage a bolt, 8.8 rounds a second for 158dps, adjusted to 222dps for only armoured Grineer with a 2.5% crit chance.). Arguably the Braton is better at fighting the Grineer than the Boltor is as it will do more damage to the lightly armored Grineer than the Boltor would and without the hassle of leading targets as much as it uses bullets not darts.

If I made a wrong assumption with my stats anywhere please tell me so.

Edited by Makya

I think these weapons should be buffed mostly because they are harder to use, bullets hit instantly darts and arrows have significant travel time over mid to longer ranges. I don't mean buffed comparing the Boltor to the Soma but buffed when compared to the Braton(20dmg a bullet, 8.8 rounds a second for 176dps, adjusted to 205dps evenly to all factions and a 10% crit chance) to the Boltor(18 damage a bolt, 8.8 rounds a second for 158dps, adjusted to 222dps for only armoured Grineer with a 2.5% crit chance.). Arguably the Braton is better at fighting the Grineer than the Boltor is as it will do more damage to the lightly armored Grineer than the Boltor would and without the hassle of leading targets as much as it uses bullets not darts.

If I made a wrong assumption with my stats anywhere please tell me so.

Best thing they should do is moving away from travel time weapons.The idea of a weapon you struggle to use just because:

1-The enemies move like cockroaches on crak and 2-lag,simply sucks.

A few heavy hitters,AoE demolition weapons ok,but a freaking assault rifle simply defies the logic to carry a weapon like that to the field.

I understand your arguments as valid but after dmg 2.0 the dev team should have so much S#&$ to fix that i doubt they will put some attention to those weapons.

They are more concerned about nerf high lvl weapons.edit useless mod,make usefull elemental mods freaking hard to get and create crap frames.

Edited by Raijinmeister

I actually would like to keep bolt and arrow style weapons but have the following changes:
>Travel speed increased, look towards the new crossbow pistol as an example

> Innate Penetration of 0.5 to 1m, when you kill with a arrow or a bolt the target is thrown across the room and pinned to the wall.. Why wouldn't this also damage targets behind them significantly.

> Increase the critical rate and critical multiplier for bows and increase puncture damage for bolt weapons but not critical, bows should gain significant bonuses to stealth game play from their innate silent nature while bolt weapons do not.

> Both ammunition types do half damage to Corpus helmets rather than minimal, a solid steel arrow has significantly more penetrative power compared to a bullet, a bolt is simply a snub arrow.

This allows Bows not to be seen as alternate skinned sniper rifles with poor ammunition but truly a different kind of weapon that can be used for a similar role, long range engagements.