Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Chance: Are The Numbers Just Place Holders?

YourFriendlyNoggin

Right now status chances are weak, high fire rate weapons can only just make use of the variety of procs and anything below will rarely see them at all. It's more of a rare crit, but it shouldn't be, the effects are really interesting and if we actually saw them on a regular basis it would really give a bigger variety between weapon styles and loadouts. Right now it seems like effort was wasted because of the rarity.

It makes me wonder if actually we are about to see damage 2.0 wave 2, that these current numbers between 5-10% are just there so that they have the system in place for faster tweaking. Not to mention the status increase mods are practically wasted slots.

If this is not the case then my suggestions are elemental weapons should have a higher chance than most weapons, single shot weapons should be around 30% and the damage type mods should increase the status chances themselves as well as the element(only by a small amount though). If they went this direction then maybe it would be worth having status chance mod cards changing to status power mod cards, increasing duration for some procs and intensity for others.

I'm very much under the impression they have to be. Right now, on everything but shotguns and machineguns, they're an odd joke. The fang sports a massive 1% chance.

I think merely making the status booster mods addative instead of multiplicative would solve the problem--if you could add a +15% base chance to anything, that would actually be a worthwhile investment. Possibly overkill on some things(the aforementioned shotties and m-guns), but in general, quite useful.

I'm very much under the impression they have to be. Right now, on everything but shotguns and machineguns, they're an odd joke. The fang sports a massive 1% chance.

I think merely making the status booster mods addative instead of multiplicative would solve the problem--if you could add a +15% base chance to anything, that would actually be a worthwhile investment. Possibly overkill on some things(the aforementioned shotties and m-guns), but in general, quite useful.

i agree.

to some extent.

the Status Effect mods absolutely need to go up - 15% extra Status Effect based on the existing?

you're f*cking kidding me.

for a 15% Status Effect weapon, that's 17.25%. seriously? 2.25% Status Effect increase on that weapon should cost like... 1-2 Mod points.

but i'm not sure changing them to additive is the answer, as they'd always be identically as useful on all weapons. that sounds a tiny bit bland.

i think we'll find a usable but not useless or OP balance between changing the base Status Effect chances as well as the mods to boost them.

those Status Effects are kind've an important thing to gameplay, yet they're so... rare in gameplay.

some weapons are somewhat reasonable currently, luckily. my long loved Gremlins have a 10% chance, for higher level enemies (so i don't kill it in like two shots), that's actually not too bad. still a bit low, but for that weapon specifically, only just a bit.

but so many others.... just a joke.

hell, Lanka is clearly supposed to be a Status Effect monster with the current system, with that super high chance.

but as a Sniper Rifle(which are slow shooting, high precision weapons), even 25% is still low! since Hammershot is a common mod used on it, that does normally get it to 35%, but the generic mod still only adds 3.75%. 

I'm not sure that it would be "identicallly useful" if addative.

On a machinegun with 1% base chance and 12 to 24 hits/second, getting +15% (upping it to 16%), Is a HUGE difference, giving a virtual guarantee per second.

On a blade with a 1% base chance and 1.5 to 2 hits/second, getting +15% (upping it to 16%) is a modest "will probably happen once or twice within 10 seconds".

On a blade with a 15% base chance and 1.2 to 1.6 hits/second, getting +15% (upping it to 30%) is a "will probably happen 3 to 5 times within 10 seconds".

...and when you consider the current version is already "identically useful"(~1% increase) on EVERYTHING, it rather much invalidates your theory with how much wildly different it'd be.

The system is without a doubt still being worked upon. I like damage 2.0 so far. (Braton Prime uses CUT! It is not very effective...)

The early state of status chance numbers is evident in how little effect the status chance mods currently have on the weapons.

...and when you consider the current version is already "identically useful"(~1% increase) on EVERYTHING, it rather much invalidates your theory with how much wildly different it'd be.

i just don't like every piece of equipment getting the exact same amount of benefit. that sounds boring.

different weapons do get different bonuses based on their original Status Effect chance, yes. but idk, i find the sound of every piece of equipment getting a 15% additive increase on Status Effect, rather dry.