Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Viral Proc

Brimir

This is how Viral works:

- It procs

- You wait like five seconds and...

- ...enemy Health gets cut in half

Problem is that if you proc it again within that five second window, it resets the timer. Considering that Elemental procs are only viable on guns with a relatively high Status Chance, odds are you will accidentally reapply it because...

....why would you use Viral on a gun with a low Status Chance?

It is extremely counter-intuitive and works against itself.

Edited by Brimir

Ive never noticed this problem with a timer personally while using it if im honest, but i suppose its just finding the right gun for it

Well it depends on the weapon.

If you have a high Status Chance weapon, you will naturally proc it more often and reset it.

A low Status Chance will proc it rarely but when it does it most likely will not proc again to reset the timer.

Are you sure it works that way? Couldn't it also function like this:

* It procs and instantly reduces the target's current health AND max health by half (which you wouldn't really notice since they happen at the same time).

* After 5 seconds, this debuff wears off. What happens is that the target's current health still remains the same, but the max health goes back up to its previous value, thus making it look like half of its health is gone.

If this is hard to understand, let's illustrate it with numbers :

* Target has 100/100 health.

* Target receives the Viral debuff and its max health (and thus also current health) is cut in half, down to 50/50. That makes it look like nothing has happened on their lifebar, but it most certainly has.

* 5 seconds later, the target loses the Viral debuff and its health is now 50/100. NOW it looks like you halfed that target's health, but it just lost the maxhealth-debuff.

Could that be what is happening?

I've read that viral cuts enemies' health in half once it wears off, so I decided to try it out myself.

Took my Loki, took my viral Flux Rifle and went Heavy Gunner hunting on Ceres.

Viral procs, nothing happens.

Proc wears off, nothing happens. Health remained the same.

I have no idea how this works.