Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prepare For "magnus Op"-Threads

Brimir

In 3...2...1....

Just like the Brakk, the Magnus is rather crazy. It has 20% Critical Hit chance and 20% Status Chance. This is essentially what breaks the Brakk already: you can spam Blast procs for amazing crowd control and out-damage most other secondaries thanks to the Critical Hit ratio.

There's just no downsides to either gun. When DE first released U11 they balanced the Strun Wraith by giving it an abyssal Status Chance; this balanced out it's amazing raw damage potential.

no no no, for something to be considered "OP" it needs to be either:

A: Clan Tech (Granted the acrid was insanely "OP", but got hit pretty hard with the nerfbat on it's DoT)

B: "Elitist and Exclusive" event weapons such as the Brakk.

Sooo by this logic, I hereby decree that there can't be any "Magnus is OP" threads :)

A: Clan Tech (Granted the acrid was insanely "OP", but got hit pretty hard with the nerfbat on it's DoT)

Sooo by this logic, I hereby decree that there can't be any "Magnus is OP" threads :)

What about soma?And Vectis? Not Tigris, though.

here here!

magnus is a decent gun, the 20% crit and status chances aren't excessive, it's not a crit machine or a status machine (its just outside that 25-30% range. soma has 30% crit chance and SV has 25% status chance, for example. not that the SV is a status machine, I just happen to know that stat and it seems to be on the higher end of status chance. lanka's up there as well). there shouldn't be any nerf threads, why can't the nerf-heads go back to focusing on molecular prime?

Why is everyone bein a $&*^ to the Brakk, like seriously, its a hand cannon for a reason, also this is a bloody CO-OP game. So why people give two sh%&'s about the damage output.

Oh BOOHOO my gun fires 20 pellets as yours only fires 1, because I really dont give a dam, you want a shotgun, then get a shotgun, you want a shotgun pistol then get a bloody Bronco, otherwise shut up about "BRAKK IS OP!! NERF IT!!!#U*@!)()!@$!!" because once again this is a CO-OP GAME! we are suppose to work together, and not care about "oh that gun is too powerful for our enemy, lets nerf it!".

Honestly if our enemies could talk, yeh they would say we are all OP cuz they send a whole BLOODY ARMY at us while we take them down, one by one, with 4 people. Frickin hate these Nerftrolls, GT&*#$O these forums and cram it.

(takes a deep breath)

Ok... now I got that out, sheesh.

I cant say much about the Magnus, but sounds like a really fun weapon, I look forward to it.

Edited by GhostUnitVII

to be honest I dont feel that this weapon is OP at all. I've hit it to 30 with various sniping/crit mods and while it performs nicely. its no where near the "holy crap this thing is amazing" in my book.

nice weapon might turn into my 'go to for all occasions' 

Why is everyone bein a $&*^ to the Brakk, like seriously, its a hand cannon for a reason, also this is a bloody CO-OP game. So why people give two sh%&'s about the damage output.

Oh BOOHOO my gun fires 20 pellets as yours only fires 1, because I really dont give a dam, you want a shotgun, then get a shotgun, you want a shotgun pistol then get a bloody Bronco, otherwise shut up about "BRAKK IS OP!! NERF IT!!!#U*@!)()!@$!!" because once again this is a CO-OP GAME! we are suppose to work together, and not care about "oh that gun is too powerful for our enemy, lets nerf it!".

Honestly if our enemies could talk, yeh they would say we are all OP cuz they send a whole BLOODY ARMY at us while we take them down, one by one, with 4 people. Frickin hate these Nerftrolls, GT&*#$O these forums and cram it.

(takes a deep breath)

Ok... now I got that out, sheesh.

I cant say much about the Magnus, but sounds like a really fun weapon, I look forward to it.

Today's update was for you my friend =)

Edited by inde

It's a nice weapon but nothing to write home about. After some napkin math i'd say it's somewhere close to the single Vasto. Quite a few similarities between them actually, so i'll hold off my Catalyst for the Akmagnus.

It's a nice weapon but nothing to write home about. After some napkin math i'd say it's somewhere close to the single Vasto. Quite a few similarities between them actually, so i'll hold off my Catalyst for the Akmagnus.

If Dual Karma is any indication, you better save some Forma too!

:3

In 3...2...1....

Just like the Brakk, the Magnus is rather crazy. It has 20% Critical Hit chance and 20% Status Chance. This is essentially what breaks the Brakk already: you can spam Blast procs for amazing crowd control and out-damage most other secondaries thanks to the Critical Hit ratio.

There's just no downsides to either gun. When DE first released U11 they balanced the Strun Wraith by giving it an abyssal Status Chance; this balanced out it's amazing raw damage potential.

Not even the same dmg or proc chance per shot(brakk can shot like 20 pelets,so is basicaly a proc wall),but crying babies assh0l3s will start to call it op when someone post a pic/video of some low lvl forgotten boss being one shot buy a lvl 20 magnum... Edited by Raijinmeister