The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ign Review On Warframe

Eremes

I completly agree with you but that's not the point I was trying to make.

What was your point then? You said he should learn the game mechanics but game doesn't explain anything but basic controls. Then you proceeded to say how you used wiki to learn how mods and such work. To me it seems like your point was that the reviewer should have used external sources to review the game.

I'm pretty sick of "you can get everything for free" excuse. Because every higher-than-deep-bottom f2p game supports that. What, it's an unique trait of Warframe?

Don't get me wrong, I understand all that crap around "starving developers", but "starving developers" make more efforts in throwing another "Tenno power creep reinforcement" instead of fixing things we have travelled through several global updates. And hell, even old ones sometimes lose their bandages.

Different branches? Oh yes, that's why we had broken OP king acrid till damage 2.0 with despair as his li'l bro.

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

What was your point then? You said he should learn the game mechanics but game doesn't explain anything but basic controls. Then you proceeded to say how you used wiki to learn how mods and such work. To me it seems like your point was that the reviewer should have used external sources to review the game.

The only point I was trying to make, that's not how reviews are being done.I don't know why I have to repeat myself , it's fairly obvious.

I'm not defending Warframe . I'm merely discrediting the validity of this review.Warframe has many flaws but this review doesn't aproach them from the appropriate angle.

The primary major issue with the game at current (story and motivation aside which I truly believe is being worked in as the game is evolving and being completed) is that there is no real way for newbs to know whats going on.

Believe me I know quite a bit about how much you have to explain to new players as I've personally given the Warframe newbie and intermediate classes to at least 10 individuals that my clan has brought into the game.  There is a lot to know and no info about it.  I know that it's essential to have a veteran holding your hand for most players because most of the new players I've spoken to are solid on what we cover and absolutely lost on what we haven't yet.

According to the most recent Dev update codex entries for explaining stuff are incoming which is a very good thing.  that plus some form of tutorials (preferably interactive) on modding and building stuff is going to be important.  More than that an explanation about the difference between blueprints and weapons in teh market is essential as too many people simply make the assumption they have to actually buy with real money and new weapons not available for credits.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

The only point I was trying to make, that's not how reviews are being done.I don't know why I have to repeat myself , it's fairly obvious.

I'm not defending Warframe . I'm merely discrediting the validity of this review.Warframe has many flaws but this review doesn't aproach them from the appropriate angle.

I don't think there is any proper way of making reviews, seeing as they are glorified opinion pieces with more publicity than they deserve. He has good points and describes the beginner experience pretty great, seeing as he is a beginner who jumped in the game blind.

I don't think there is any proper way of making reviews, seeing as they are glorified opinion pieces with more publicity than they deserve. He has good points and describes the beginner experience pretty great, seeing as he is a beginner who jumped in the game blind.

Then it should be called a First Look , Not REVIEW !

Reviews are being done after you've learned the Game.

I for one am going to say the review was one of the better ones from IGN and anyone for Warframe so far.

He actually raised good points about stuff that needs more work. Giving it a score of 7,5 at this point is pretty good, considering DE is far from finished and these problems will get ironed out.

That actually describe you more accurately especially given your initial post, not to mention that you really did call yourself an idiot in your last reply to me. :)

I realize that, but since it was already pointed out to me, by you, that I am indeed an idiot, there's no sense beating around the bush about it.

You know what, I like you. I think you're fun. But seriously, IGN are idiots; I've never cared much for them, or their reviews.

The game has to teach you first, but it does not, hence the review.

Hence . a stupid uneducated opinion hiding  under the pretense of a review.

Review = someones opinion. You are just arguing semantics at this point, friend.

Sorry , friend.A review is not someone's oppinion.Reviews are being done objectively.

Sorry , friend.A review is not someone's oppinion.Reviews are being done objectively.

But reviews on art or other media like that is always subjective. You can't be objective about story or art style or gameplay. 

Review is, wait a minute, an evaluation of a publication, product, service or compan.

Basically, it's someone's feedback.

Ow, and the real experience the man should have is not 700 hours of grind in another grinder, but twice as much in different games so he could say: "That was in Simpsons already" or "Tactical elements are poor. Same tunnels, same exploding barrels".

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

Look at it this way, you cannot deny the negatives he mentioned that you know are spot on like the extremely repetitive nature, the boring missions, he high costs, the need to grind your life away to get everything you need, and the horrible, yet uninformative start all new players are faced with and what they are stuck with and a horrible start at that only made worse by a marketplace update months ago.

And everyone keeps saying it, new players have it hard and now they are whining about seasoned vets taking over their missions. it been a year and new missions rarely come and there are so little. the only saving grace are the gear which is what's keeping this game afloat. A variety of things to use, but no variety of things to do. You can mention the different locales but in the end it's the same crap over and over. Derelict is released and low and behold, the same missions again. Same with void, etc. hen is it going to stop? it never ends. beta are not, things are going incredibly slow and now they are removing missions and readding them.

A new mission once in a blue moon. But survival only replaced a mission which was a reskin of capture.

So many missions nodes, so little to do. At least there are many locales and gear, that's pretty much are this game is, gear and grind. And grind on top of grind even in new areas. Just more grind, grind this grind that. So much grind with only the weapons and locations to make it fun which does not last long.

Those that play religiously may think differently, and every MMO, if not most seems to boil down to grind, but warframe gets there a lot faster.

an act of carefully looking at or examining the quality or condition of something: examination or inspection

from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/review

I have to say with that definition that this is most definitely not a review. there was no careful looking and I don't think anyone would use the words examination or inspection to describe that. those words imply a much more objective view on things

As much hate as IGN gets, I mostly agree with this review. He did stress that the gameplay mechanics are the strong point, which is true, but that the story is very lacking and the new player experience is very unfriendly (lets face it, DE has been really dragging their feet on these more than they should). Also the market is ridiculously overpriced and we all know it.

A fair review imo.

an act of carefully looking at or examining the quality or condition of something: examination or inspection

from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/review

I have to say with that definition that this is most definitely not a review. there was no careful looking and I don't think anyone would use the words examination or inspection to describe that. those words imply a much more objective view on things

Reviews boil down to opinions, You cannot deny that. Each review is different because it's based on one's experience, but they would be professional about it and examine the game thoroughly, but not always.

So yo are both correct.

Reviews boil down to opinions, You cannot deny that. Each review is different because it's based on one's experience, but they would be professional about it and examine the game thoroughly, but not always.

So yo are both correct.

agreed. I review is an opinion simply for the fact that it is done by a human being but it should at least try and acknowledge that fact and also try to be a objective and quantitative as possible. I say quantitative because numbers are a bit more easy to objectify than qualitative reviews and feelings.

Review is, wait a minute, an evaluation of a publication, product, service or compan.

Basically, it's someone's feedback.

Ow, and the real experience the man should have is not 700 hours of grind in another grinder, but twice as much in different games so he could say: "That was in Simpsons already" or "Tactical elements are poor. Same tunnels, same exploding barrels".

Your definition of a review is very shalow.You can't critisise something you don't understand.And you can't make an acurate evaluation of a game without being profesional about it.